ADVERTISEMENT

WVU vs PITT QUESTION

Pitt4Life34

All-American
Nov 5, 2002
So I hear report from presser on the radio that new head coach wants Pitt on schedule for like........forever. I kinda assume he doesn’t know much of anything about WVU or Pitt other than the 4 hrs of google research about WVU he kind of admitted to. He comes out in presser calling for the rivalry to be played annually. So that tells me easily that AD and school officials want the game badly because of course Coach know little about WVU and less about Pitt. So here’s my question. Why does head coach and university officials want Pitt back in the stable badly yet some on here(homer fan base) act like Pitt is not important or a rivalry when obviously they are to the people that count?

So I hear report from presser on the radio that new head coach wants Pitt on schedule for like........forever. I kinda assume he doesn’t know much of anything about WVU or Pitt other than the 4 hrs of google research about WVU he kind of admitted to. He comes out in presser calling for the rivalry to be played annually. So that tells me easily that AD and school officials want the game badly because of course Coach know little about WVU and less about Pitt. So here’s my question. Why does head coach and university officials want Pitt back in the stable badly yet some on here(homer fan base) act like Pitt is not important or a rivalry when obviously they are to the people that count?
Not sure who you are referring to Greg. Pitt and WVU is a great rivalry.

Reactions: RAK and Pitt4Life34
Don't be so insecure Greg...

They still think about Pitt.
Don't know why.
Penn St has obviously made you irrelevant.

I think most people here want the game with Pitt.

Honestly I dont see the attitude you are referring to. Everyone wants a reocurring game with them.

I think most people here want the game with Pitt.

Honestly I dont see the attitude you are referring to. Everyone wants a reocurring game with them.

But do you truthfully think Pitt deserves a home game.

I think only if they give the money to WV that WV brings to them

Pitt has zero attendance
Only when they play Penn St.
Losing the WV game hurt them a lot more than it hurt WVU

I for one think it’s very important and the only rivalry I care one tiny bit about.

I for one think it’s very important and the only rivalry I care one tiny bit about.

They only care about the game because Penn St won't play them anymore.

Penn St told them no and didn't even respond to their request to continue their series because Penn St was giving money away.

Spitt was given orders by the ACC to dump all football contest with WVU ......that's is what came out of the Pantylair after the conference realignment

I’d like to see Pitt, va tech or penn state on the schedule every year.

I think that is what Lyons has done for the next 10 Years.

But I think Pitt should sit in their own shithole without help.
No reason to give them a home game which means revenue every year.

They can wait for ND to show up every ten years.

FakeTexaMoron...for a guy who says he isn't a WV kid and lives in Texas you sure know all the cliches. What a tool.

Sure hurts....
But why would it hurt a WV fan.

Marshall is to WV what Pitt is to Penn St

Let Pitt play Marshall.
It is a better matchup

I listened to the whole presser twice and never heard him say that. Only that he was told he has to dislike Pitt if he wanted to be our coach.

I couldn't care less about shPitt. It was a good rivalry when it meant something. But now ... who cares.

WVU is in the Wild, Wild, West Big XII and we love it. ShPitt really means nothing to us anymore.

I listened to the whole presser twice and never heard him say that. Only that he was told he has to dislike Pitt if he wanted to be our coach.
My bad. I should have said, without quotation marks, They don't let you sign the contract until you dislike Pitt, as stated in a transcript of the press conference posted on this forum today by Keenan Cummings. We good?

Pitt is a nobody. The Brawl may have been good in the past, but they have been nothing for so long. Playing them now is like playing a hot team in the Mid-American Conference.

Look at their attendance 40K.
Don't even think 40K show up.

When they played Penn St it was 70K.
I watched that game and it was an absolute embarssment for Pitt.
By the fourth-quarter the stadium was empty.
This was on national TV.

There are a lot of us "we" out here who don't love the PussyBall Big 12-2=10.

You agree that WV should get 2 home games for every Pitt home game
Or Pitt should give WV the revenue that is above the revenue when they play to an empty stadium.

Only reason Pitt wants to play every year is because Penn St pretty much said that they won't play unless Pitt travels to Beaver Stadium.

Was on 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh that they talked about the rivalry and series going past the 4 yrs. I was in and out of my car so maybe the topic evolved to what I heard. With that said you think WVU officials don’t want Pitt on schedule long term? I’m thinking they do.

I couldn't care less about shPitt. It was a good rivalry when it meant something. But now ... who cares.

WVU is in the Wild, Wild, West Big XII and we love it. ShPitt really means nothing to us anymore.

Yeah right haha! We’ll see in a couple years when the backyard brawl returns if it doesn’t mean anything.

Reactions: Rootmaster
How sad....

Pitt should have more self respect.

Sounds like the tables turned on their rivarly with WVU as well

Spitt was given orders by the ACC to dump all football contest with WVU ......that's is what came out of the Pantylair after the conference realignment

That obviously isn’t true. WVU and Pitt need each other. Only a Pitt homer would say that. WVU is great for Pitt. And Pitt is great for WVU.

Reactions: RAK and sword12
But do you truthfully think Pitt deserves a home game.

I think only if they give the money to WV that WV brings to them

Pitt has zero attendance
Only when they play Penn St.
Losing the WV game hurt them a lot more than it hurt WVU

Yeah they deserve a home game.

There are some at Pitt and some at WVU that miss the boat on the Pitt/WVU relationship. Both schools should embrace the historical relationship in both football and hoop.

Anecdotally, I think there is less desire from Pitt fans than wvu.

Pitt is a nobody. The Brawl may have been good in the past, but they have been nothing for so long. Playing them now is like playing a hot team in the Mid-American Conference.
You must be young because you don’t have a clue about the depth of the roots in this rivalry.

Look at their attendance 40K.
Don't even think 40K show up.

When they played Penn St it was 70K.
I watched that game and it was an absolute embarssment for Pitt.
By the fourth-quarter the stadium was empty.
This was on national TV.

Pitt beat PSU @ Heinz. Not too embarassing.

It was a close game until the end, I doubt it got too empty.

Anecdotally, I think there is less desire from Pitt fans than wvu.

You may be right but I don’t tolerate the homer crap at all on my shift. I hear a Pitt guy talk down WVU I confront it immediately. Penn State has blown Pitt of. Penn state, WVU and ND are the historical rivals for Pitt so an annual Pitt/WVU game should be a given on both side.

I like the idea of playing either pitt, psu or VT each year. ALSO, when we play them away we can get to an away game without driving half-way across the country.

No doubt on travel side of things. Plus those kind of games just feel different when those 3 play. ND acts to good to play non cities campuses. ND should be playing Penn State and WVU occasionally IMO because of eastern football roots. ND has money no matter who they play.

You may be right but I don’t tolerate the homer crap at all on my shift. I hear a Pitt guy talk down WVU I confront it immediately. Penn State has blown Pitt of. Penn state, WVU and ND are the historical rivals for Pitt so an annual Pitt/WVU game should be a given on both side.

You think WV fans are that stupid or insecure.

Just like you care for both Pitt and WV...

You agree that WV should get 2 home games for every Pitt home game
Or Pitt should give WV the revenue that is above the revenue when they play to an empty stadium.

You always dodge the question there FakeTexasMoron but I'll ask another...why would you care since you are currently working in an oil field in Texas...and not a WV grad or native? You are succccccccch a poser little guy.

Any one who wouldn't want to see one of the greatest and oldest rivalries played doesn't understand college football.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Any one who wouldn't want to see one of the greatest and oldest rivalries played doesn't understand college football.

That is not totally true.

If you can punish a rival by not playing them I am all for it.

Rivarlies exist because you want to destroy a school.
Penn St is not playing Pitt because playing at Heinz Field makes Penn St look bad plus Penn St gives Pitt a platform that is equal to them.

So they are punishing their rival to wipe them off the map.
Pitt truthfully doesnt deserve to be a P5 school anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT