ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Still Not Respected By ACC

I'm not kidding when I post that Volatility should be hired by WVU's P.R. Department. Shameless self-promotion doesn't concern him. LOL
Haha, well my fees are usually based on performance, but Id def offer my services for free! Esp anything I can do to improve the football analytics, as they didnt hire anyone with formal data science experience. They are probably only extracting 20-30% of the Alpha/Value from their opponent & internal data at the moment. All professional teams now have data scientist on staff..

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUALLEN
Here is the reality of WVU in TV VIEWERS the past three seasons in comparison to the ACC:

ACC 2020 tv viewers
51.63 - Notre Dame (11)
41.07 - Clemson (8)
18.52 - Miami (6)
16.64 - North Carolina (7)
13.62 - Georgia Tech (5)
11.81 - West Virginia (9)
11.59 - Florida State (4)
11.50 - Boston College (3)
8.97 - Louisville (4)
7.00 - Virginia Tech (3)
5.49 - Pittsburgh (2)
4.71 - Duke (2)
3.87 - Syracuse (2)
3.46 - Wake Forest (1)
2.87 - NC State (2)
0.00 - Virginia (0)

ACC 2019 tv viewers
76.73 - Clemson (11)
17.84 - Virginia (6)
14.83 - Miami (8)
13.27 - West Virginia (10)
12.28 - Louisville (5)
11.35 - Pittsburgh (7)
11.27 - Virginia Tech (7)
10.87 - Florida State (6)
10.41 - North Carolina (5)
7.97 - Wake Forest (4)
7.12 - Syracuse (5)
6.29 - Duke (3)
5.48 - NC State (5)
3.18 - Boston College (2)
2.91 - Georgia Tech (2)

ACC 2018 tv viewers
74.633 - Clemson (14)
27.183 - West Virginia (11)
22.979 - Florida State (11)
20.019 - Miami (12)
19.422 - Virginia Tech (9)
16.552 - Syracuse (7)
15.828 - Pittsburgh (8)
10.049 - Louisville (6)
9.959 - NC State (6)
9.458 - Boston College (7)
8.468 - Georgia Tech (6)
8.332 - Virginia (4)
8.121 - Wake Forest (6)
6.727 - Duke (7)
2.610 - North Carolina (4)

so if WVU would add nothing to ACC media contracts, what does the majority of that conference add to its own contracts?

PITT FUN FACT........

Most ACC wins since 2015

1. Clemson
2. Miami
3. Pitt
If it wasn’t for Dabo and Jimbo, ACC would have been a massive flop, instead of a flop when it comes to expansion. Adding Pitt, BC, SU, was weak.

I will go to the grave saying ESPN made the BCS go away because of the Big East and WVU. When we beat UGA at home, it was epic according to ESPN since CBS had the contract. Great when we beat OU with Billy Stewart, but they were butt hurt when we dropped 70 on the conference champ loaded with talent.

(Cincy beat Wake Forest in the Orange too)

Here is the reality of WVU in TV VIEWERS the past three seasons in comparison to the ACC:

ACC 2020 tv viewers
51.63 - Notre Dame (11)
41.07 - Clemson (8)
18.52 - Miami (6)
13.62 - Georgia Tech (5)
8.97 - Louisville (4)
7.00 - Virginia Tech (3)
5.49 - Pittsburgh (2)
4.71 - Duke (2)
3.87 - Syracuse (2)
3.46 - Wake Forest (1)
2.87 - NC State (2)
0.00 - Virginia (0)

ACC 2019 tv viewers
76.73 - Clemson (11)
17.84 - Virginia (6)
14.83 - Miami (8)
12.28 - Louisville (5)
11.35 - Pittsburgh (7)
7.97 - Wake Forest (4)
7.12 - Syracuse (5)
6.29 - Duke (3)
5.48 - NC State (5)
2.91 - Georgia Tech (2)

ACC 2018 tv viewers
74.633 - Clemson (14)
20.019 - Miami (12)
16.552 - Syracuse (7)
15.828 - Pittsburgh (8)
10.049 - Louisville (6)
9.959 - NC State (6)
8.468 - Georgia Tech (6)
8.332 - Virginia (4)
8.121 - Wake Forest (6)
6.727 - Duke (7)

so if WVU would add nothing to ACC media contracts, what does the majority of that conference add to its own contracts?
This was against teams that we really don’t have a true rivalry with.

UVA can drop down the list too. They really didn’t know they had a football team until that year.

If it wasn’t for Dabo and Jimbo, ACC would have been a massive flop, instead of a flop when it comes to expansion. Adding Pitt, BC, SU, was weak.

I will go to the grave saying ESPN made the BCS go away because of the Big East and WVU. When we beat UGA at home, it was epic according to ESPN since CBS had the contract. Great when we beat OU with Billy Stewart, but they were butt hurt when we dropped 70 on the conference champ loaded with talent.

(Cincy beat Wake Forest in the Orange too)

Cool story Skip. Renditions of history are always fun. If it wasn’t for Ohio St and Michigan. If it was for Oregon and USC. If it wasn’t for Alabama and UGA. If it wasn’t for Cincinnati and UCF. If it wasn’t for Oklahoma and Texas......aw sorry brah. I know there’s still an opened wound for some of you guys. Cherry picking is always for insecure dweebs.

Listen dude when the Big East expanded they came after Pitt, not WVU. When the ACC expanded they came after Pitt, not WVU. Personally, I want WVU in the ACC. But some of you homers massively overvalue WVUs worth as a program and conference target.

Reactions: KingCoal
Pitt with 29 conference wins 2015-2020
42-34 (29-22)
13-12 OOC

2015-2020 beating the likes of..
Syracuse 4-8; 4-8; 10-3; 5-7; 1-10
Va. Tech 7-6; 6-7; 5-6
UVA 4-8; 2-10; 6-7; 8-5;
Ga. Tech 3-9; 9-4; 7-6; 3-9; 3-7
UNC 7-6;
Duke 8-5; 4-8; 7-6; 8-5; 5-7;
Louisville 8-4; 4-7
Miami, Fl 10-3;
Clemson 14-1 (Pitt's biggest win all time in ACC);
Wake Forest 7-6;
FSU 3-6;

Really an impressive display of knocking off mediocrity.

Irrelevant who they beat. The point was Pitt has the 3rd most ACC wins of all ACC teams since 2015.

Cool story Skip. Renditions of history are always fun. If it wasn’t for Ohio St and Michigan. If it was for Oregon and USC. If it wasn’t for Alabama and UGA. If it wasn’t for Cincinnati and UCF. If it wasn’t for Oklahoma and Texas......aw sorry brah. I know there’s still an opened wound for some of you guys. Cherry picking is always for insecure dweebs.

Listen dude when the Big East expanded they came after Pitt, not WVU. When the ACC expanded they came after Pitt, not WVU. Personally, I want WVU in the ACC. But some of you homers massively overvalue WVUs worth as a program and conference target.

I see why everybody on here thinks you’re a complete idiot. There’s always that girl thinks other people are insecure but she’s pointing the finger LOL. You make zero sense. Have another drink and keep your mediocre mentality while your income is mediocre and your life is less mediocre.

I see why everybody on here thinks you’re a complete idiot. There’s always that girl thinks other people are insecure but she’s pointing the finger LOL. You make zero sense. Have another drink and keep your mediocre mentality while your income is mediocre and your life is less mediocre.

You should post less. Your HB like ratio reflects on what a crap poster you are.

ACC 2020 tv viewers
51.63 - Notre Dame (11)
41.07 - Clemson (8)
18.52 - Miami (6)
13.62 - Georgia Tech (5)
8.97 - Louisville (4)
7.00 - Virginia Tech (3)
5.49 - Pittsburgh (2)
4.71 - Duke (2)
3.87 - Syracuse (2)
3.46 - Wake Forest (1)
2.87 - NC State (2)
0.00 - Virginia (0)

ACC 2019 tv viewers
76.73 - Clemson (11)
17.84 - Virginia (6)
14.83 - Miami (8)
12.28 - Louisville (5)
11.35 - Pittsburgh (7)
7.97 - Wake Forest (4)
7.12 - Syracuse (5)
6.29 - Duke (3)
5.48 - NC State (5)
2.91 - Georgia Tech (2)

ACC 2018 tv viewers
74.633 - Clemson (14)
20.019 - Miami (12)
16.552 - Syracuse (7)
15.828 - Pittsburgh (8)
10.049 - Louisville (6)
9.959 - NC State (6)
8.468 - Georgia Tech (6)
8.332 - Virginia (4)
8.121 - Wake Forest (6)
6.727 - Duke (7)

Wow! Wonder why the SEC, Big10 and ACC aren’t beating down WVUs door to get them to join. Appears like you don’t have any idea what’s going on 😂.

Wow! Wonder why the SEC, Big10 and ACC aren’t beating down WVUs door to get them to join. Appears like you don’t have any idea what’s going on 😂.
The average person/fan 99.99% of time would probably assume because WV is a small state WVU's revenue potential, viewership, & Brand value reflect the population ranking(39th), which still isnt that bad considering a 64 P5/P4 team scenario.. Before the realignment talk, even though I know WVU's fans are extremely passionate & loyal, I would include myself in that assumption too.

However, after spending some time and actually diving into WVU's revenue/value data( TV Market, Streaming, Merch Licensing, Brand Equity Value, Game Attendance, viewership, fan engagement):

secondary program outcome categories - (recruiting, facilities, accomplishments, wins, recent academic improvements, etc)

secondary side effects( Media Footprint diversification, Opposition Fan engagement increases, Culture, Fit, rivalries, etc)

The average public sentiment follows the simple-minded and inaccurate "state population = value narrative", which if enough people think or feel something, the masses accept as factual/reality, tho that doesnt make it true. However, I would imagine conference leaders look at this data more closely then a state's population, and that puts WVU in a very strong position now.

A lot of things have changed since the last realignment, the world is a very different place. Streaming wasnt even a major revenue source back then, they were also less data points to measure fan engagement & passion.

Frankly, we dont know who is knocking on Lyons door.... We could have already been extended an informal invite, but waiting on a few dominoes to fall before the rest of the dust settles.

A few "bow-tie" types kept us out of the ACC last time, but those people are gone, and both ACC, its universities, & WVU all have new leadership now, along with improvements in the area that had a negative perception last go around. If conferences want to remain competitive & strong, they cant apply a weight to factors that would inhibit prosperity.

Im actually far more confident in WVU's future path than I was when the OU/UT news first broke. Literally every data point justifies WVU will add to any conference's revenue. The data is far more bullish than I thought it would be, it was a pleasant surprise.

I think conferences will wait till they take additional formalized action, but when it all starts happening, it could all happen extremely fast, like a progressive game of musical chairs. So until then forums abound with debates, conspiracies, & theories about close door conversations, and data nerds geeking out over formulas, analytics, & program evaluations. :)

If WVU does join the ACC, I hope current leadership is extremely aggressive and expands to 20 by adding ND, WVU, OkieSt, TCU, Baylor, & (UCF, Cinci, KState, TTU, Kansas - whichever brings most value). Diversification of footprint will help offset any potential future losses if a couple of ACC's larger brands leave. Whatever conference we join, we want it to be as strong & secure as possible, so we dont run into this issue again, at least anytime soon. Good news I suppose, is I heard ACC's new President is more business minded, so hopefully that translates into a deployment of a M&A mentality.

Therein lies the problem with many within your fanbase. Constantly comparing yourself against Marshall. Should aim higher, and strive to be Ohio State or even Michigan, as both schools make 2X WVU's revenue. That's where you want to be, as opposed to besting a school like Marshall or Central Michigan.
who was comparing them? I threw out the bait and you bit.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
The story is correct. Unfortunately WVU brings no money to the table.

Do you really believe the thousands and thousands of displaced Mountaineers up and down the East will not subscribe to the ACCN? The same ones who pack 73,000 seat Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte to watch a beatdown of an SEC dreg like Tennessee?

Do you think the $3 million gross for filling a rival's stadium does nothing for ACC schools? Where in the world do you get that WVU brings no money to the table? They bring much more than 3/4 of the current ACC schools.

Reactions: HotInEER
Do you really believe the thousands and thousands of displaced Mountaineers up and down the East will not subscribe to the ACCN? The same ones who pack 73,000 seat Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte to watch a beatdown of an SEC dreg like Tennessee?

Do you think the $3 million gross for filling a rival's stadium does nothing for ACC schools? Where in the world do you get that WVU brings no money to the table? They bring much more than 3/4 of the current ACC schools.
yes, negative nancy absolutely does

Perfect example of when the author of the article thinks they are an expert or an ‘insider’ on a topic they truthfully have no clue about.

The average person/fan 99.99% of time would probably assume because WV is a small state WVU's revenue potential, viewership, & Brand value reflect the population ranking(39th), which still isnt that bad considering a 64 P5/P4 team scenario.. Before the realignment talk, even though I know WVU's fans are extremely passionate & loyal, I would include myself in that assumption too.

However, after spending some time and actually diving into WVU's revenue/value data( TV Market, Streaming, Merch Licensing, Brand Equity Value, Game Attendance, viewership, fan engagement):

secondary program outcome categories - (recruiting, facilities, accomplishments, wins, recent academic improvements, etc)

secondary side effects( Media Footprint diversification, Opposition Fan engagement increases, Culture, Fit, rivalries, etc)

The average public sentiment follows the simple-minded and inaccurate "state population = value narrative", which if enough people think or feel something, the masses accept as factual/reality, tho that doesnt make it true. However, I would imagine conference leaders look at this data more closely then a state's population, and that puts WVU in a very strong position now.

A lot of things have changed since the last realignment, the world is a very different place. Streaming wasnt even a major revenue source back then, they were also less data points to measure fan engagement & passion.

Frankly, we dont know who is knocking on Lyons door.... We could have already been extended an informal invite, but waiting on a few dominoes to fall before the rest of the dust settles.

A few "bow-tie" types kept us out of the ACC last time, but those people are gone, and both ACC, its universities, & WVU all have new leadership now, along with improvements in the area that had a negative perception last go around. If conferences want to remain competitive & strong, they cant apply a weight to factors that would inhibit prosperity.

Im actually far more confident in WVU's future path than I was when the OU/UT news first broke. Literally every data point justifies WVU will add to any conference's revenue. The data is far more bullish than I thought it would be, it was a pleasant surprise.

I think conferences will wait till they take additional formalized action, but when it all starts happening, it could all happen extremely fast, like a progressive game of musical chairs. So until then forums abound with debates, conspiracies, & theories about close door conversations, and data nerds geeking out over formulas, analytics, & program evaluations. :)

If WVU does join the ACC, I hope current leadership is extremely aggressive and expands to 20 by adding ND, WVU, OkieSt, TCU, Baylor, & (UCF, Cinci, KState, TTU, Kansas - whichever brings most value). Diversification of footprint will help offset any potential future losses if a couple of ACC's larger brands leave. Whatever conference we join, we want it to be as strong & secure as possible, so we dont run into this issue again, at least anytime soon. Good news I suppose, is I heard ACC's new President is more business minded, so hopefully that translates into a deployment of a M&A mentality.
Stop trying to sound like an expert. You aren't.

• Haha

Your perspective is honest and I know you believe it. We’ll see out it all shakes out and bump back.

I WANT WVU IN ACC

There are quite a few more legitimate insiders that disagree with you. Allen actually created this thread linking one of them. I would love to see ACC go to 18 in football. WVU, Oklahoma St and TCU would be my picks. If ND, they won’t, ever joins add a 20th. The other option I would consider if I’m new ACC Commissioner is adding USC, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon, Washington, Oklahoma State, TCU, Arizona/or A State and save a spot for ND in some form a true Mega Conference. Find a way to include WVU.

The ACC Commissioner is a BigTen guy. I would think he’s on the ball and forward thinking. even though the new BigTen guy appeared to butcher things last year so who knows.

People, please do your Homework. This is a Google search away. This is the ONLY thing that matters concerning WVU's appeal to a conference like the ACC offering an invite.

This is generated revenue reported by USA Today according to tax records in 2020. Yes it's probably a little different today but look where we are compared to everyone else.

This is also gonna look different if say WVU is in the ACC but this Data is what matters when convincing the ACC WVU is worthy.

65. West Virginia ($24.7 million)

64. Rutgers ($26.7 million)

63. Wake Forest ($26.7 million)

62. Vanderbilt ($32.1 million)

61. Boston College ($32.3 million)

60. California ($33.5 million)

59. Virginia ($33.7 million)

58. Oregon State ($35.8 million)

57. Mississippi State ($38.0 million)

56. Kansas ($38.1 million) This is why the Big10 is interested over WVU

55. Missouri ($38.5 million)

54. Arizona State ($39.0 million)

53. Pittsburgh ($39.2 million)

52. North Carolina ($39.3 million)

51. Duke ($40.3 million)

50. UCLA ($41.3 million)

49. Kentucky ($41.4 million)

48. Georgia Tech ($42.6 million)

47. Arizona ($43.3 million)

46. Colorado ($43.5 million)

45. Syracuse ($43.8 million)

44. Stanford ($44.5 million) This is why the ACC loves Syracuse

43. Washington State ($45.3 million)

42. Baylor ($45.6 million)

41. N.C. State ($45.7 million)

40. Kansas State ($46.2 million)

39. Maryland ($46.6 million)

38. Louisville ($47.3 million)

37. Mississippi ($48.2 million)

36. USC ($50 million)

35. Texas Tech ($51.1 million)

34. Iowa State ($51.9 million) This is why they are a fit for the Big10

33. Oklahoma State ($52.2 million) This program must look good to the Pac

32. Indiana ($52.6 million)

31. Purdue ($54.8 million)

30. Virginia Tech ($56.2 million)

29. Miami ($56.3 million)

28. Illinois ($58.2 million)

27. Clemson ($61.4 million)

26. Minnesota ($63.0 million)

25. Utah ($63.2 million)

24. Northwestern ($63.2 million)

23. South Carolina ($65.0 million)

22. TCU ($65.4 million) This program is a true expansion candidate, someone will swoop in and grab them.

21. Florida State ($68.9 million)

20. Oregon ($72.1 million)

19. Texas A&M ($73.5 million)

18. Michigan State ($75.6 million)

17. Arkansas ($76.5 million)

16. Iowa ($81.0 million)

15. Washington ($84.0 million)

14. Florida ($84.8 million)

13. Wisconsin ($89.9 million)

12. Tennessee ($91.0 million)

11. LSU ($92.0 million)

10. Nebraska Huskers ($94.3 million)

9. Alabama Crimson Tide ($94.6 million)

8. Oklahoma Sooners ($94.8 million)

7. Auburn Tigers ($95.2 million)

6. Penn State Nittany Lions ($100.1 million)

5. Ohio State Buckeyes ($115.1 million)

4. Notre Dame Fighting Irish ($115.5 million)

3. Michigan Wolverines ($122.3 million)

2. Georgia Bulldogs ($123.1 million)

1. Texas Longhorns ($156.1 million)

Last edited:
Stop trying to sound like an expert. You aren't.
Im a highly regarded data scientist / Quantitative Strategist, whos been a guest speaker at multiple Quant Finance/Trading, Hedge Fund/Alternative Investment, & Risk Management conferences, also guest speaker on multiple podcasts & radio shows, so I am an expert when it comes to analysis & evaluations... Its literally what I do for a living, idiot. Im very good at what I do, which is reflected in my work's outcome.

You should spend some time researching "Added Value", and apply those foundations to what you offer here on the board. Maybe you'll bring more then inaccurate individual criticisms.

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
Your perspective is honest and I know you believe it. We’ll see out it all shakes out and bump back.

I WANT WVU IN ACC

There are quite a few more legitimate insiders that disagree with you. Allen actually created this thread linking one of them. I would love to see ACC go to 18 in football. WVU, Oklahoma St and TCU would be my picks. If ND, they won’t, ever joins add a 20th. The other option I would consider if I’m new ACC Commissioner is adding USC, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon, Washington, Oklahoma State, TCU, Arizona/or A State and save a spot for ND in some form a true Mega Conference. Find a way to include WVU.

The ACC Commissioner is a BigTen guy. I would think he’s on the ball and forward thinking. even though the new BigTen guy appeared to butcher things last year so who knows.
Ahh, if everything "insiders" ( ie writers), posted was true the world would be a strange place. They have biases & agendas too, frankly from what he said in the article, not a single data point supports his opinion, esp those that are revenue/value based, not one. Which tells me its lazy boy writing, probably needed to submit 20 lines before Ytime. :)

The one line I did agree with however, it doesnt make sense for the ACC to just add WVU. If they add WVU, they need to add at least 1 more team, whether its ND or someone else. Tho in reality, that would be reversed with ND being the priority. Thats why I believe things wont progress forward(publicly), until a few more triggers occur. Much will depend on ND, but maybe they are aggressive and expand to 16 or 20 no matter what ND does, who knows.

We def both agree that is the best path for security, after-all we also both realize the benefits of diversification, and if WVU does join the ACC, we also both want it to be as strong & secure as possible. This will go on for longer then what I thought most folks initially thought it would. When the OU + UT announcement hit, I think most people thought everything would change & progress quickly, but as so in life, timing is a critical factor in business too.. Either way, its surely to be entertaining.

Enjoy your weekend Folks!

tcu a true expansion candidate? lol
Everything depends on how aggressive ACC will be... If they go for 20... If they do expand to 20, then I could see TCU as a possible add.

ND 15
WVU 16
OkieSt 17
Baylor 18

(19 & 20 - take whoever brings the largest pot)
TCU
UCF
Cinci
KState
KU

Out of the remaining BIg12 schools, IowaSt is the only one I can see them not pursuing, simply from a geography perspective. Tho who knows, they may have new data that shows adding new geographic footprints improves their media/marketing negotiating value. At this point, everything is conjecture.

ND isn’t joining…

Put that rumor away
They have no reason to join.

What to watch right now is USC
That is the next piece. Doesn’t look like they are leaving
Turning down the B1G. They are just weird

Elliott: "Within the ACC, they're not going to add somebody just to add somebody. West Virginia, from their internal calculations, would reduce the amount made per school -- not increase it. They view West Virginia as a bottom-half product in the ACC in terms of viewership, and you're not going to add somebody to the league that is going to reduce your per school payout, in addition to the fact that under the current structure, it means you've got to split the bowl pot 15 ways and not 14 and the playoff pot 15 ways and not 14.

For them, it's essentially Notre Dame and whoever Notre Dame wants to bring."

This story from a rival site so I will not leave a link.
It only matters if ESPN wants WVU in the ACC, The schools will not have a say only a vote

Reactions: TownesVanZandt
Exactly
That is also who supposedly laughed at mention of WVU in the ACC at their media days

Ahh, if everything "insiders" ( ie writers), posted was true the world would be a strange place. They have biases & agendas too, frankly from what he said in the article, not a single data point supports his opinion, esp those that are revenue/value based, not one. Which tells me its lazy boy writing, probably needed to submit 20 lines before Ytime. :)

The one line I did agree with however, it doesnt make sense for the ACC to just add WVU. If they add WVU, they need to add at least 1 more team, whether its ND or someone else. Tho in reality, that would be reversed with ND being the priority. Thats why I believe things wont progress forward(publicly), until a few more triggers occur. Much will depend on ND, but maybe they are aggressive and expand to 16 or 20 no matter what ND does, who knows.

We def both agree that is the best path for security, after-all we also both realize the benefits of diversification, and if WVU does join the ACC, we also both want it to be as strong & secure as possible. This will go on for longer then what I thought most folks initially thought it would. When the OU + UT announcement hit, I think most people thought everything would change & progress quickly, but as so in life, timing is a critical factor in business too.. Either way, its surely to be entertaining.

Enjoy your weekend Folks!

Homers are adorable. They think they no more than the next guy 😂. Have a great yourself.

There was a time when VT literally spent every waking moment copying WVU (same font for their logo...even the same stadium style) because they weren't shit until the 90s. They then got Vick and they pulled ahead for about a decade. Their move to the ACC fixed that.

No one in their right mind would EVER say sPitt is a better program than WVU in FBall or Basketball. Pitt gave the ACC a cream puff with good academics. Pitt hasn't been in WVU's class as a football program since Rich Rod turned WVU around. WVU has been the vastly superior basketball program shortly after Beilein saved us. Again a non-debated fact.

If you want to wax the dolphin to pictures of Dan Marino from SI in 1980 then be my guest, but don't pretend Pitt is even remotely close to WVU's caliber as an athletic program, and definitely don't try that shit on a WVU board. I'm pretty sure you could find a Pitt message board somewhere where they will buy that crap. It might be 6 months before someone would read it though.

• Haha
Reactions: SeronimusPratt
There was a time when VT literally spent every waking moment copying WVU (same font for their logo...even the same stadium style) because they weren't shit until the 90s. They then got Vick and they pulled ahead for about a decade. Their move to the ACC fixed that.

No one in their right mind would EVER say sPitt is a better program than WVU in FBall or Basketball. Pitt gave the ACC a cream puff with good academics. Pitt hasn't been in WVU's class as a football program since Rich Rod turned WVU around. WVU has been the vastly superior basketball program shortly after Beilein saved us. Again a non-debated fact.

If you want to wax the dolphin to pictures of Dan Marino from SI in 1980 then be my guest, but don't pretend Pitt is even remotely close to WVU's caliber as an athletic program, and definitely don't try that shit on a WVU board. I'm pretty sure you could find a Pitt message board somewhere where they will buy that crap. It might be 6 months before someone would read it though.

Dude Pitt and WVU are two middle of the pack programs. Only the lamest of all WVU homers would actually believe WVU is respected nationally as anything more than a middle of the pack Big12 program. Dude the hoops has out performed the Pitt program over the last 6 or 7 years but acting like the entire athletic departments are considerably different is makes you a massive homer fanboy.

Greg, do you know how many networks are included in the ACC's contracts? Which networks distributes the ACC games?

Doesn‘t matter pal. Your take is irrelevant and a waste of time discussing. I recommend you take your own advice and have a good weekend.

Im a highly regarded data scientist / Quantitative Strategist, whos been a guest speaker at multiple Quant Finance/Trading, Hedge Fund/Alternative Investment, & Risk Management conferences, also guest speaker on multiple podcasts & radio shows, so I am an expert when it comes to analysis & evaluations... Its literally what I do for a living, idiot. Im very good at what I do, which is reflected in my work's outcome.

You should spend some time researching "Added Value", and apply those foundations to what you offer here on the board. Maybe you'll bring more then inaccurate individual criticisms.
Fauci describes himself as highly regarded too lol. Usually when someone resorts to self importance it means they are not...important.

Fauci describes himself as highly regarded too lol. Usually when someone resorts to self importance it means they are not...important.
When someone says something thats blatantly false about me, Ill correct them. Stating facts is not bragging. Im not one who typically flaunts/shows/discusses his resume or success, but for a forum troll basement dweller making inaccurate statements, Ill make an exception.. I come from humble means, self-made, everything Ive achieved has been through hard work, 80+ hour weeks, dedication to my craft & professional perfectionism, and im proud of it and the adversities Ive overcome throughout my career on my path of obtainment.

When I was growing up, as a poor kid in a small coal camp town, there was nothing more nauseating then people who measured individual value by monetary means, esp of those they did not earn themselves. As I was raised you value a man by the their character, how they treat other people, and moral fiber, and not their job title, their bank account, or the logos on their cars or clothes. Im not a silverspoon trust-fund kid, and never will be, no matter my professional trajectory. That said, considering my starting point, yeah im both proud & confident in my specific area of expertise, which is data analytics & strategy/model design. You can be proud and humble too, its not an OR statement.

Last edited:
Ha, damn who pissed in your beer, everyone's take is irrelevant bro...

Typical 😂! No emotions brah. Leave that for the wounded WVU homers. You’re just full of irrelevant research BS that has nothing to do with what’s about to go down. Thought you were off to a good weekend.

When someone says something thats blatantly false about me, Ill correct them. STATING FACTS IS NOT BRAGGING. Im not one who typically flaunts/shows/discusses his resume or success, but for a forum troll basement dweller making inaccurate statements, Ill make an exception.. I come from humble means, self-made, everything Ive achieved has been through hard work, 80+ hour weeks, dedication to my craft & professional perfectionism, and im proud of it and the adversities Ive overcome throughout my career on my path of obtainment.

When I was growing up, as a poor kid in a small coal camp town, there was nothing more nauseating then people who measured individual value by monetary means, esp of those they did not earn themselves. As I was raised you value a man by the their character, how they treat other people, and moral fiber, and not their job title, their bank account, or the logos on their cars or clothes. Im not a silverspoon trust-fund kid, and never will be, no matter my professional trajectory. That said, considering my starting point, yeah im both proud & confident in my specific area of expertise, which is data analytics & strategy/model design. You can be proud and humble too, its not an OR statement.

@TownesVanZandt @WVUFanForever and @lameasshomersrus ^^^^^^^^READ ABOVE ^^^^^^^^^HE‘S RIGHT 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT