WVU rise to #6 ?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
#5 LSU lost to #22 Florida, 27-19
#7 Oklahoma lost to #19 Texas, 48-45
#8 Auburn lost to Mississippi State, 23-9
#9 West Virginia eased past Kansas, 38-22

So, does WVU replace Oklahoma as the highest-ranked Big 12 team (and the ONLY Big 12 team without a loss)?

Notre Dame probably will move to #5.

Can WVU move to #6 despite Grier's 3 INTs and lost fumble?

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14
O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17
U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence
N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6
T errific, then timid on offense against Texas Tech, 42-34
A ntsy time for fans, vs. Kansas!, 38-22
I ncinerate Iowa State
N ail Baylor
E rectile dysfunction Texas
E lectrify TCU
R eam Oklahoma State
S laughter Oklahoma

Nope, I don't think The Mountaineer will move up much, maybe one spot. What WVU needs to do is beat a good team convincingly. The real challenge will be ISU they are true giant killers.

It should be
Alabama
Ohio St
Clemson
Georgia
ND
WV
Then out of the 1 loss teams
Penn St
Michigan
Texas
Oklahoma

Big XII hopefully gets 3 Top 10 teams

Last edited:
Nope, I don't think The Mountaineer will move up much, maybe one spot. What WVU needs to do is beat a good team convincingly. The real challenge will be ISU they are true giant killers.

ISU is a trap game. Not a terrible team, but not a great record. So at thier place its little to gain, but a lot to lose. Not saying it isn't a tough game, but rather that WVU will not get a lot if credit if they win. Going to Austin and walking away with a win will be the first chance WVU has to really impress.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if your "trolling" but your not off the mark I think. WVU moving up to #8 would be just fine but I wouldn't be shocked if The Mountaineers move up as hight as #6 going into the ISU game.

I was pretty close with the AP poll but UCF finished ahead of Oklahoma.

ISU is a trap game. Not a terrible team, but not a great record. So at thier place its little to gain, but a lot to lose. Not saying it isn't a tough game, but rather that WVU will not get a lot if credit if they win. Going to Austin and walking away with a win will be the first chance WVU has to really impress.

I think ESPN/ABC owns that game so if WV beats Baylor and Iowa St and Texas beats Oklahoma St and Baylor that will be a showcase game for the Big XII.
College Gameday in Austin and the game being on National TV at primetime.

Can WVU handle 100K this year is the question.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT