WVU rise to #6 ?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
#5 LSU lost to #22 Florida, 27-19
#7 Oklahoma lost to #19 Texas, 48-45
#8 Auburn lost to Mississippi State, 23-9
#9 West Virginia eased past Kansas, 38-22

So, does WVU replace Oklahoma as the highest-ranked Big 12 team (and the ONLY Big 12 team without a loss)?

Notre Dame probably will move to #5.

Can WVU move to #6 despite Grier's 3 INTs and lost fumble?

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14
O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17
U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence
N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6
T errific, then timid on offense against Texas Tech, 42-34
A ntsy time for fans, vs. Kansas!, 38-22
I ncinerate Iowa State
N ail Baylor
E rectile dysfunction Texas
E lectrify TCU
R eam Oklahoma State
S laughter Oklahoma

Nope, I don't think The Mountaineer will move up much, maybe one spot. What WVU needs to do is beat a good team convincingly. The real challenge will be ISU they are true giant killers.

It should be
Alabama
Ohio St
Clemson
Georgia
ND
WV
Then out of the 1 loss teams
Penn St
Michigan
Texas
Oklahoma

Big XII hopefully gets 3 Top 10 teams

Last edited:
Nope, I don't think The Mountaineer will move up much, maybe one spot. What WVU needs to do is beat a good team convincingly. The real challenge will be ISU they are true giant killers.

ISU is a trap game. Not a terrible team, but not a great record. So at thier place its little to gain, but a lot to lose. Not saying it isn't a tough game, but rather that WVU will not get a lot if credit if they win. Going to Austin and walking away with a win will be the first chance WVU has to really impress.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if your "trolling" but your not off the mark I think. WVU moving up to #8 would be just fine but I wouldn't be shocked if The Mountaineers move up as hight as #6 going into the ISU game.

I was pretty close with the AP poll but UCF finished ahead of Oklahoma.

ISU is a trap game. Not a terrible team, but not a great record. So at thier place its little to gain, but a lot to lose. Not saying it isn't a tough game, but rather that WVU will not get a lot if credit if they win. Going to Austin and walking away with a win will be the first chance WVU has to really impress.

I think ESPN/ABC owns that game so if WV beats Baylor and Iowa St and Texas beats Oklahoma St and Baylor that will be a showcase game for the Big XII.
College Gameday in Austin and the game being on National TV at primetime.

Can WVU handle 100K this year is the question.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT