ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Fan and Grad

JGogo

Sophomore
Aug 31, 2002
I have been a WVU fan since 1955 and I attended and graduated from WVU in 71 and stayed and received my MS Degree in 1974. I can't even recall many of the games that I seen over the years. I cherish many of the memories of our biggest sport achievements. I will always cheer on the Eer's knowing that I will probably never see a championship in BBall or Football because WVU just can't seem to attract the five star athletes needed to win championships. So I never get too excited over big wins or losses. I am just happy to be a Mountaineer and cheer on our student athletes who every now or then provide a joyous memory with a great athletic performance.

I have been a WVU fan since 1955 and I attended and graduated from WVU in 71 and stayed and received my MS Degree in 1974. I can't even recall many of the games that I seen over the years. I cherish many of the memories of our biggest sport achievements. I will always cheer on the Eer's knowing that I will probably never see a championship in BBall or Football because WVU just can't seem to attract the five star athletes needed to win championships. So I never get too excited over big wins or losses. I am just happy to be a Mountaineer and cheer on our student athletes who every now or then provide a joyous memory with a great athletic performance.
And that is the way it should be, but we seem to get carried away and....

Don't give up on an NC just yet, especially Basketball. I think we have seen this year that it is an up and down season for many teams, not just WVU. Let's hang in a little longer until the fat lady at least warms up!

The older I get the better I take losses. When I was in my 20's a big loss was a good 24 hrs of misery and a week of what ifs. The tyranny of expectations. The less of those you put on the value of being a Mountaineer fan the more you will enjoy being one. There are bigger tragedies in the world than WVU not winning titles.

It's much easier to win a NC in basketball so I am hopeful that we can pull one off some day ala UCONN 2014.

Football will probably never happen, especially with the playoff.

To me, WVU basketball and football is the greatest sports bargain in the world. Sitting in Mountaineer Field for more than 20 years for every game and singing "Country Roads" after a WVU victory still raises goose bumps on my skin. Even when it's not below freezing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT