ADVERTISEMENT

8 W's in a row gift-wrapped for WVU?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
All season WVU fans, including me and Huggins, have complained about the Mountaineers’ slipshod, careless ballhandling, missed 5-footers, tons of missed 3s, etc.

Well, #10 Texas beat #11 Baylor tonight despite 18 turnovers, 16-48 in 3’s (!), and missed layups or near-layups by both teams, 76-71.

If WVU comes up with its TCU performance against Texas and Baylor playing as carelessly as both did tonight, and as #13 Iowa State did in blowing a 23-point lead to lose 80-77 in overtime for first W in Big 12 by Texas Tech, then WVU – which beat Texas Tech and Auburn in its 2 latest games -- could have an 8-game winning streak by beating TCU again, bottom 4 Oklahoma, Iowa State, Texas, Baylor and last place Texas Tech in that order.

BUT ONLY IF WVU will play the smart pass-pass-pass and don't over-dribble basketball it displayed against the Horny Frogs!

I can’t believe how the #1 conference in America is displaying so much unorganized, streetfight basketball lately. Thuggery has replaced finesse and the famous long-ago North Carolina four-corner offense these days.

Play smart, WVU, and make the rest of the Big 12 smart from the pain!

WVU basketball players need to be in an Unsinkable By Golly Town mood from here on out.

They need to think of possibilities rather than improbabilities.

From “The Unsinkable Molly Brown” movie:

“I ain’t down yet.”
“Nobody wants to see me down like I want to see me up.”
“That’s dignity! And we’re gonna get us some.”
“I mean more to me than I mean to anybody else.”

If the players adopt that attitude, then
“You’ll see me carried shoulder high.”

Molly Brown survived the sinking of the Titanic and led the way for others to do the same.

If WVU takes on a Molly Brown defiance and plays smart basketball then it can avoid L icebergs and make March Madness!

2-6 can be transformed into 12-6 or at least more W’s than L’s.

We ain’t down yet!!!!

Any word on how many layups TCU shot last night? Been searching threads, and can't seem to find it anywhere.
They made 6 of 12 shots from outside the paint and 2 were 3 pointers, 2-10 from 3. They were 30 of 53 on fg. they made 24 of 41 FG inside the lines. WVU made 15 inside the lines.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT