ADVERTISEMENT

WVU AD Shane Lyons on hiring Neal Brown

Very good hire in my opinion. I don't care what that Texas fan on this board has to say. We hired the right guy so TVZ can go jump off a bridge.

Reactions: locustwv
Never said it wasn't.

I actually have said Neal Brown might be better at getting WV fans, boosters and the media to trust the process.
Dana couldn't.

But it is a process. Might even have some bad years.

"He (Neal Brown) had been on our (WVU) radar for a couple of years."

There is a lot being said in that throw away line by AD Lyons.
what it says is this particular athletic director stays prepared for the occasion when he has a head coaching opening in any of his sports. He has his staff doing constant homework so he has a "go to" list available whenever he has a head coaching opening. This is why he was able to hire Brown in what seemed like such a short period of time.
Lyons has stated he and his staff are constantly updating these lists of potential WVU coaches for all the sports. This enables him to be constantly ready to speak with quality candidates whenever the need arises. He doesn't have to begin a last second search when a coach leaves...............similar to what you saw Tennessee do a couple of years ago. That type of unpreparedness leads to all kinds of problems...again, as we saw with the Tennessee situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT