ADVERTISEMENT

WOW, Shady McCoy is a POS

One is making a conscious effort to show disrespect. The other is not, but that aside, who said I wouldn't tell you to remove your hat? You assumed that one. Same thing for cell phones, etc.
I didn't assume anything. Neither side are reverently honoring the flag. Intentional or not. Is unthinking actions more palatable than conscious efforts?

because he can. Hellacious speech too. He had all of us hillbillies, gunowners, and rednecks all foamed up. You guys can rationalize the NFL thing all you want.. a significant number of people aren't watching for different reasons and mine are threefold. I don't like the game, I don't like the condenscion of the announcers and pre-game shows, and lastly I don't appreciate the politics that have crept into the game. They can shit on the flag if they want but the owners and even some players can't think its good for business. There are not enough supporters of the kneelers to float the boat.
I'm not defending the players, I am just expressing wonder at how a man who straight-up refused to fight for his country when called to serve is now selling himself as Super Patriot. Cowardice is cowardice, and 50 years doesn't take the sheen off it.

Reactions: bamaEER
I'm not defending the players, I am just expressing wonder at how a man who straight-up refused to fight for his country when called to serve is now selling himself as Super Patriot. Cowardice is cowardice, and 50 years doesn't take the sheen off it.
When was Trump ever called to serve? He was never drafted or "called" to serve ...or......"straight-up refused to fight for his country" I think you need to lay off the Kool-Aid......you are making a fool out of yourself with unfounded claims.

When was Trump ever called to serve? He was never drafted or "called" to serve ...or......"straight-up refused to fight for his country" I think you need to lay off the Kool-Aid......you are making a fool out of yourself with unfounded claims.
He got four student deferments as an undergrad, just like every other male in college. But in 1968 when he graduated from Penn, he was reclassified as 1A -- top of the list for the draft.

Remember, Trump had been the top cadet at his military prep school. He also was a star athlete by his own account.

So what happens when he's in the front of the line for the draft in 1968, when the fighting in Nam is at its worst? He finds a doctor who declares that our star athlete is physically unfit to serve because of heel spurs. And so some other mother's son took his place.

Spin it as much as you want, but he ducked and covered in his country's time of need.

As president, he has the right -- and responsibility -- to tell us where he stands on the issues of the day. But as a man, he forfeited his right to lecture anyone on the meaning of patriotism.

If you don't see that, or if you don't think it matters, I'd say you're awfully gullible. You're being played by a proven coward who doesn't have the decency to just shut up.

NFL is about to take a YUGE step back in popularity.
And our enlightened political activist liberals care not about anything but themselves and their ideology. Owners and corporate leaders in general need to take control of the organizations they own or control. I do not support their current chicken crap approach. They need to step forward and take the necessary steps against all those who are smearing the 'brand' they represent and are paid by. I would support benching ALL those who want to inappropriately exercise their individual rights of expression while representing those paying the bills, writing the salary checks, etc. May find the public would support even a lowered level of play by those interested in loyalty and honor to the owner and the fans to whom they owe such loyalty. Let the activists ride the bench and then find ways to usher them into other lines of work. They can offer their opinions as individuals but not on 'company time'.

Last edited:
He got four student deferments as an undergrad, just like every other male in college. But in 1968 when he graduated from Penn, he was reclassified as 1A -- top of the list for the draft.

Remember, Trump had been the top cadet at his military prep school. He also was a star athlete by his own account.

So what happens when he's in the front of the line for the draft in 1968, when the fighting in Nam is at its worst? He finds a doctor who declares that our star athlete is physically unfit to serve because of heel spurs. And so some other mother's son took his place.

Spin it as much as you want, but he ducked and covered in his country's time of need.

As president, he has the right -- and responsibility -- to tell us where he stands on the issues of the day. But as a man, he forfeited his right to lecture anyone on the meaning of patriotism.

If you don't see that, or if you don't think it matters, I'd say you're awfully gullible. You're being played by a proven coward who doesn't have the decency to just shut up.
You still NEVER backed up your claim. The fact is that he was NEVER drafted. You are the one being played. Did you serve? You can support Kaeperdick and the rest of his ilk all you want. I'll support our Commander in Chief.

You still NEVER backed up your claim. The fact is that he was NEVER drafted. You are the one being played. Did you serve? You can support Kaeperdick and the rest of his ilk all you want. I'll support our Commander in Chief.
His draft records are public record. Anyone can look them up.

Yes, Mr. Trump was never drafted, but I never said he was. I said he was reclassified 1A and then passed the physical given by his draft board. If he'd been the son of a farmer or coal miner, he would have been called. And I can guarantee you, any draft board in West Virginia would have pulled the trigger immediately on a guy who had already gotten four deferments.

With an Ivy League degree and a politically connected father, he likely would not have seen combat unless he requested it. He could have served his time as a general's aide or whatever, and all of us could respect that.

At no point have I defend Kaepernick, who's nothing but another spoiled rich kid. I am merely observing that Trump has not earned the right to question anyone's patriotism. He just needs to STFU.

Have I served? Nope, and since I am a few years younger than Trump, I never faced the hard choice that he did. Had I done exactly what he did, I hope I would have the integrity to let those who did serve make the points about honoring country.

My dad served as a naval officer in WWII, and my youngest son is an Army captain with orders to go to Korea next year. He has a Ranger tab and served two deployments in Afghanistan, one as a platoon leader with the 101st Airborne during the surge of 2010.

I don't think I am any more or less patriotic than any other free-born American. I'd like to think I know patriotism when I see it -- and that I recognize a Sunshine Warrior when I see one.

Yes, Mr. Trump was never drafted, but I never said he was. I said he was reclassified 1A and then passed the physical given by his draft board. If he'd been the son of a farmer or coal miner, he would have been called. And I can guarantee you, any draft board in West Virginia would have pulled the trigger immediately on a guy who had already gotten four deferments.

With an Ivy League degree and a politically connected father, he likely would not have seen combat unless he requested it. He could have served his time as a general's aide or whatever, and all of us could respect that.

At no point have I defend Kaepernick, who's nothing but another spoiled rich kid. I am merely observing that Trump has not earned the right to question anyone's patriotism. He just needs to STFU.

Have I served? Nope, and since I am a few years younger than Trump, I never faced the hard choice that he did. Had I done exactly what he did, I hope I would have the integrity to let those who did serve make the points about honoring country.

My dad served as a naval officer in WWII, and my youngest son is an Army captain with orders to go to Korea next year. He has a Ranger tab and served two deployments in Afghanistan, one as a platoon leader with the 101st Airborne during the surge of 2010.

I don't think I am any more or less patriotic than any other free-born American. I'd like to think I know patriotism when I see it -- and that I recognize a Sunshine Warrior when I see one.

This isn't about Trump.

This is about a group of people disrespecting the country.

This isn't about Trump.

This is about a group of people disrespecting the country.
With all respect, Trump does not have the standing to lecture anyone on patriotism. He forfeited that privilege when he wheedled out of his 1A. Bill Clinton was in the same boat, by the way, but I don't remember him casting himself as the defender of patriotic values.

'Fire the soms of bitches' just made it entirely about Trump. He has the diplomatic prowess of a festered boil.

Did he tell them to kneel?

They were doing that before he said a word.

FWIW, I am fine with him doing so, but it's not about him even if liberals want to try to spin it that way.

With all respect, Trump does not have the standing to lecture anyone on patriotism. He forfeited that privilege when he wheedled out of his 1A. Bill Clinton was in the same boat, by the way, but I don't remember him casting himself as the defender of patriotic values.

Quit being so freaking butthurt over Trump that you can't see they are still wrong.

The bottom line Trump or not is that they are spitting on the country.

Quit being so freaking butthurt over Trump that you can't see they are still wrong.

The bottom line Trump or not is that they are spitting on the country.
Quit being so defensive of Trump that you can't see that 95% of players would have stood today if Trump had just stayed out of it. The flag stands for freedom, and that includes the freedom to be an asswipe.

No it won't. It's still #1 in popularity by far. The highest rated CFB game last night was Penn State-Iowa and that got a 3.1. Every single NFL game on today will surpass that easily.
No question NFL is going to beat a rating for a college game. Especially when there are many college games on regular tv at the same time. What can't be denied is NFL ratings as well as attendance is down. I believe some of it is because people aren't interested in athletes opinions on politics. The same goes for movie stars, the box office for movies are down TREMENDOUSLY, and some of it is because they have big mouths and want to dictate what I should be thinking or doing.

With all due respect he is your president and you need to stop being anti american.

Quit being so defensive of Trump that you can't see that 95% of players would have stood today if Trump had just stayed out of it. The flag stands for freedom, and that includes the freedom to be an asswipe.

Does that give them dispensation?

No.

Get over the Trump connection. It's still wrong.

The fact that players would not disrespect the flag before but now will do so to proteat Trump tells me all I need to know about their respect for the flag and for the country.

I NEVER said a peep about your patriotism.....I simply asked you if you served. You should feel very good about your families service......I salute them for it. I have NEVER spoken a word against anyone that made some different and difficult choices......However.... I do reserve the right to disagree with the likes of Kaeperdick and his ilk while I also will defend the right of their protests even though I feel they are misguided and politically motivated. While agreeing that Trump says and does some stupid shit......he is still our elected President and I will support him just as I supported President Obama while he was POTUS even though I didn't vote for him or agree with a lot of the decisions he made. I always gave him and his family the respect they deserved because he was elected as our President. The majority of the media and liberal establishment has been on a crusade against Trump from the time they realized he had a real shot at beating their anointed one.

I believe some of it is because people aren't interested in athletes opinions on politics. The same goes for movie stars, the box office for movies are down TREMENDOUSLY, and some of it is because they have big mouths and want to dictate what I should be thinking or doing.
Literally both of these things can be explained by "I have a 55" HDTV in my house with a decent cable package and a netflix subscription, all of which is less expensive than going to 1 NFL game."

College attendance is down too. Must be from all those non-existent anthem protests.

If you failed to notice......we were seeing more NFL players protesting THIS year and several NBA players mouthing off against Trump BEFORE his latest tweets.

What's indisputable is that Donald Trump is the best thing that ever happened to Colin Kaepernick.

They're peas in a pod -- spoiled rich guys who like to shoot off their mouths. They both love playing the victim card, too.

What's indisputable is that Donald Trump is the best thing that ever happened to Colin Kaepernick.

They're peas in a pod -- spoiled rich guys who like to shoot off their mouths. They both love playing the victim card, too.
The thing that gave Kaeperdick the most visibility is ESPN and espn.com. No argument from me about Trump shooting off his mouth. That and his ego are a bad combination.

Overall impact, It really didn't do anything one way or another. If Kaep wants to lead this crusade, it will take more than just taking a knee.
He's donated almost $1 million for community outreach and charity. He's been doing more. Everyone seems to just focus on the protest.
Does anyone have an accounting as to what his
Donation was used for? Also, what specifically does he want to see get accomplished because most of this so far is whining with no measurable results

He's donated almost $1 million for community outreach and charity. He's been doing more. Everyone seems to just focus on the protest.

That's nice but is he actually involved?

My opinion. Anyone can donate money. Whether it's 100 bucks or 1,000,000 bucks, they are helping out to the cause. The money is a good gesture. I just want to know what is he actually doing that involves getting out there. For a person to make a huge national protest, I would think he would be doing more than just giving money. That is IF that's what his stance was about. I would respect the guy more if he is out there with Cops (white, black, etc...) and show people what it takes to make change.

Does anyone have an accounting as to what his
Donation was used for? Also, what specifically does he want to see get accomplished because most of this so far is whining with no measurable results
Kaepernick has been 100% clear on why he started his protest. The masses have now turned it into a referendum against Trump, which isn't what CK was protesting. CK started his protest before Trump even won the GOP nomination.

The protest started after a number of black people were killed by police with almost no repercussions, notably the incidents surrounding Eric Garner, Philando Castile and Walter Scott. Kaepernick wanted police reform and fixes to the criminal justice system. It was a clear and concise list of issues.

As for what specifically his donations are going towards, here it is in detail:
http://kaepernick7.com/million-dollar-pledge/

Reactions: popmurtha
Good to see you support that POS.
Do I support reform to certain police practices and the criminal justice system? You bet. If Kaepernick is the vehicle to get that done, so be it.

& boy, what a POS he is. Handing out free suits to people trying to get their lives back together and be productive members of society. Just terrible.

Nary a "peep" from Kaeperdick and his friends about this latest update from Chicago. They are to busy handing out suits.....LMAO.

September to Date
Shot & Killed: 42
Total Shot: 256
Total Homicides: 42
Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 479
Total Shot: 2796
Total Homicides: 516

Do I support reform to certain police practices and the criminal justice system? You bet. If Kaepernick is the vehicle to get that done, so be it.

& boy, what a POS he is. Handing out free suits to people trying to get their lives back together and be productive members of society. Just terrible.
You can be as smug and snarky as you wish. I know plenty of folks like you and you will grow up some day. I sti wont care about you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT