ADVERTISEMENT

WOW, Shady McCoy is a POS

And contracts? These are grown men playing a game. Again- WHO CARES?
Love the people who say "they're playing a GAME" like they just set up a Monopoly board.

It's 300lb behemoths running into each other like battering rams and getting injuries that will have an effect for the rest of their lives for a multi-billion dollar industry. It's the highest rated content on TV - pretty easy to see why they're paid the way they're paid.

And I'm willing to bet a lot of folks that think kneeling is just fine don't care about the country.
Are people unAmerican if they forget to take their hats off during the anthem. What about being on their cellphones,going to the restroom or standing in line at the concession stand? You are selective in your outrage.

I’m willing to bet that the Venn diagram of those that are upset about “disgracing the flag by kneeling” and those that are “fine with flying the confederate flag” overlaps quite a bit.
Stretching during the National Anthem. Dude should be made an example of, thats not a protest. Im afraid this stuff its about to go to another level.
In my book you don't disrespect the flag or the national anthem. I do agree they have the right to free speech but they are completely wrong in this instance. IMHO. There are lots of employers would tell them not to involve there name in this not wearing the name of their business, mine would. The owners and the commissioner are cowards should have stopped this long ago. But the true problem ls with the American people who will not stop watching or going to games.

And contracts? These are grown men playing a game. Again- WHO CARES?
Are people unAmerican if they forget to take their hats off during the anthem. What about being on their cellphones,going to the restroom or standing in line at the concession stand? You are selective in your outrage.

One is making a conscious effort to show disrespect. The other is not, but that aside, who said I wouldn't tell you to remove your hat? You assumed that one. Same thing for cell phones, etc.

Reactions: HuntEER
Standing in line at the concession stand doesnt mean you cannot stand and honor america. Same with going to the restroom.

Reactions: HuntEER
What I find funny is the people who are arguing that these players should be allowed to exercise their freedom of speech are upset that the president exercised his. #doublestandard
No, they're upset he called them "sons of bitches" and called for their firing.

lol no one is kneeling because Trump "exercised his free speech"

The protest has been going on for almost 2 years now. It has divided people far more than it did to bring awareness and change to an issue. If anything it has set back race relations 10 years. Thanks Kaep! Thanks Ollie!

People are easily duped.
lit_brown.0.gif

The protest has been going on for almost 2 years now. It has divided people far more than it did to bring awareness and change to an issue. If anything it has set back race relations 10 years. Thanks Kaep! Thanks Ollie!

Overall impact, It really didn't do anything one way or another. If Kaep wants to lead this crusade, it will take more than just taking a knee.

Football players have the right to peacefully protest by kneeling. As the son of a combat veteran, i find it repugnant, but they have the right to peaceful protest.

People who don’t like the kneeling during the anthem have the right to not attend or watch NFL games, and to boycott the advertisers if they so choose.

People who advocate violence do not have the right to free speech promoting such violence.

I would like to see the POTUS concentrate his time on formulating a solution to North Korea, defang Iran and keep them from going nuclear, work with Congress to accomplish tax reform, and work with Congress for a reasonable and fair healthcare plan. And both sides of Congress need to work with POTUS on these issues. The constant demonizing and belittling of each other only serves the goals of our enemies.

Overall impact, It really didn't do anything one way or another. If Kaep wants to lead this crusade, it will take more than just taking a knee.
He's donated almost $1 million for community outreach and charity. He's been doing more. Everyone seems to just focus on the protest.

Reactions: indyrckstar
No, but the ones that get bent out of shape over minorities voicing their concerns likely are.

Maybe they are just more patriotic than you are.

Just as valid a statement as the tripe you are spewing.

More patriotic ??

Is that like the tallest midget ??

Rednecks gonna redneck, I guess....

Most patriotism comes out every four years when people watch the Olympics....

#mikeeruzzione

lmao. y'all are ridiculous.

the whole anthem thing is a farce anyway. NFL didn't even have players out for the anthem until the ****ing government PAID them to start doing it.

everyone loves free speech until someone does something they don't like. everyone love democracy unless something happens they don't agree with. what easily triggered snowflakes.
I believe totally in free speech. I don't patronize those that disrespect my patronage....NFL, restaurants that suck, TV shows with assholes acting in them, or musicians who disrespect an entire gender. It is that simple.

I was at Trump's speech in Huntsville on Friday night. He said something to the effect - "one of these owners needs to pull the "sonofabitch" off the field and tell him "You're Fired.". (POTUS" words in quotations)
Why would a draft dodger, who refused to serve his country when called 50 years ago, presume to lecture his fellow Americans about patriotism?

Standing in line at the concession stand doesnt mean you cannot stand and honor america. Same with going to the restroom.
What if you are dropping a deuce when the anthem begins. Should you stand? Do you wipe first? These damn imponderables.....

Why would a draft dodger, who refused to serve his country when called 50 years ago, presume to lecture his fellow Americans about patriotism?
because he can. Hellacious speech too. He had all of us hillbillies, gunowners, and rednecks all foamed up. You guys can rationalize the NFL thing all you want.. a significant number of people aren't watching for different reasons and mine are threefold. I don't like the game, I don't like the condenscion of the announcers and pre-game shows, and lastly I don't appreciate the politics that have crept into the game. They can shit on the flag if they want but the owners and even some players can't think its good for business. There are not enough supporters of the kneelers to float the boat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT