ADVERTISEMENT

Who likes our chances against OU?

I'm taking the Mountaineers.

Here's why:

- WV will make life more difficult for Hield than I-State did & it's unlikely he goes for 39 again in order to win by 3.
- Last night, OU went 4-21 from 3 against I-State, who is not a good defensive team truth be told. Miss 17 3s vs WV & they won't win.
- I-State also out-rebounded OU by 4. Last time in Morgantown, OU dominated the boards & got every 50-50 ball. My gut feeling is they will not tonight.
- With Woodard, OU doesn't know what it'll get and generally needs him to show up. 5 of last 10 games he contributed just 6 points or less. Had 4 pts last night in 30 minutes.
- Thin is the only way to describe their depth.
- Last time vs Sooners: Paige 4-16. Carter 1-10. Daxter DNP. Chances of that happening again are not high.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC

Here's why:

- WV will make life more difficult for Hield than I-State did & it's unlikely he goes for 39 again in order to win by 3.
- Last night, OU went 4-21 from 3 against I-State, who is not a good defensive team truth be told. Miss 17 3s vs WV & they won't win.
- I-State also out-rebounded OU by 4. Last time in Morgantown, OU dominated the boards & got every 50-50 ball. My gut feeling is they will not tonight.
- With Woodard, OU doesn't know what it'll get and generally needs him to show up. 5 of last 10 games he contributed just 6 points or less. Had 4 pts last night in 30 minutes.
- Last time vs Sooners: Paige 4-16. Carter 1-10. Daxter DNP. Chances of that happening again are not high.

We just gotta stay close if not have the lead w 6 minutes left in the game. By then we hopefully wear out our next two opponents.

I know we can beat them. If we can't beat Oklahoma 1 out of 3 times, maybe we aren't national championship caliber. We need this win badly.

Here's why:

can we keep our energy up for several games in a row to run the press? will we lose our legs?..a lot more effort and energy is used playing defense vs offense.....I hope we can do it.

We took them to the end at Norman, and they caught us short-handed and beat up in Morgantown. It's tough to beat any team three times in one season, and I like our chances.

We'll all be experts by midnight.
Beating Oklahoma and Kansas on consecutive nights would get a lot of people's attention.

Checked most of the boxes.

- Hield 6 pts in 37 minutes.
- OU missed 10 3s.
- WV out-rebounded OU by 1.
- Woodard was hot in the 1st half and disappeared in the 2nd.
- Depth: WV bench 22; OU bench 19.
- Paige not much better from last time vs OU, but Carter 8-13 for 26 points. About face improvement for JC.
- Dax prior vs OU: DNP. Friday: took Hield to Miles Island in a shutdown performance.

- OU missed 10 3s.
- Paige not much better from last time vs OU, but Carter 8-13 for 26 points. About face improvement for JC.
- Dax prior vs OU: DNP. Friday: took Hield to Miles Island in a shutdown performance.

What is amazing that, in spite of some of those glaring holes, we still pulled it out. I thought it was a very entertaining game but had me on the edge of my seat in the final 10 minutes. Just tells me my heart is still strong! Our team's heart is just as strong if not stronger. Go! Mountaineers!!

Reactions: pressvirginia

- OU missed 10 3s.
The defense on Buddy was fantastic. Carter's shot is looking good. What a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT