ADVERTISEMENT

WVU at VT

Buckaineer

All-Conference
Sep 3, 2001
Another big game upcoming Thursday night. How will the Mountaineers do?

According to the ESPN FPI, West Virginia has a 63% chance to win the game while Virginia Tech has just a 37% chance. Kickoff between the Mountaineers and Hokies is slated for 7:30 p.m. EST on Thursday and will be televised on ESPN.

Another big game upcoming Thursday night. How will the Mountaineers do?

According to the ESPN FPI, West Virginia has a 63% chance to win the game while Virginia Tech has just a 37% chance. Kickoff between the Mountaineers and Hokies is slated for 7:30 p.m. EST on Thursday and will be televised on ESPN.

They won't do any worse then your messiah Holgorsen did on Saturday against Kansas

Va. Tech is horrible. Which makes it a must win for Brown and WVU.

West Virginia is currently a 2.5-point favorite, and the over/under has been set at 52.5 points.

WVU is 1-2 but they are 2-1 against the spread. WVU has done the over in every game.

This game could prove pivotal. Its one of just a few likely wins the rest of the way.

Lose and getting even 3 wins this season may not happen.

Reactions: pressvirginia
3 wins is what Bucky is praying for. He hates WVU and refuses to support them.

WVU favored by 2.5 and over/under is 52.5.

Tech is last in most all Offensive stats. They average 23 points a game.

5 wins is what trollAllen is praying for. Then he will claim Brown earned another couple of years.

He said this team would have 9 or 10 wins Prior to the season.

If you can’t beat Kansas, where are the wins?

VT should be a win but Brown has a terrible road record at WVU and VT damn near came back and beat him last year.

Texas Tech looked bad and was vulnerable against Gibson’s D at NC State, but Lesley gave up 55 to Kansas and Brown has never beaten them and it Is on the road so……

Texas is playing better- nearly beat Alabama and its there.

OU is OU

OK State has Browns #—are undefeated

KSU- lost (again) to a lower level team. Possibility there in Mo-town.

ISU- beat Iowa, looking better this year, it’s there.

Baylor - last year was a 25 pt blowout to Baylor. Has WVU improved by 26 pts against them?

TCU-dominant in two wins so far against a P5 and fcs.

If They win at VT the rest of the way won’t be easier. There isn’t a sure win in the bunch.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUALLEN
Gotta side with Bucky here. Kneel has literally driven the joy out of this season for me. I'll watch Thursday but if we get housed that might be it for me until he gets canned. I value my time and my blood pressure and emotionally investing into a shit product does nothing for either.

Reactions: pressvirginia
5 wins is what trollAllen is praying for. Then he will claim Brown earned another couple of years.

He said this team would have 9 or 10 wins Prior to the season.

If you can’t beat Kansas, where are the wins?

VT should be a win but Brown has a terrible road record at WVU and VT damn near came back and beat him last year.

Texas Tech looked vulnerable against Gibson at Texas Tech, but Lesley gave up 55 to Kansas and Brown has never beaten them and it Is on the road so……

Texas is playing better- nearly beat Alabama and its there.

OU is OU

OK State has Browns #—are undefeated

KSU- lost (again) to a lower level team. Possibility there in Mo-town.

ISU- beat Iowa, looking better this year, it’s there.

Baylor - last year was a 25 pt blowout to Baylor. Has WVU improved by 26 pts against them?

TCU-dominant in two wins so far against a P5 and fcs.

If They win at VT the rest of the way won’t be easier. There isn’t a sure win in the bunch.
By your analysis, should Dana expect 1-11 this year? If you can’t beat Kansas, where are the wins? Right?

By your analysis, should Dana expect 1-11 this year? If you can’t beat Kansas, where are the wins? Right?
I don’t follow Houston football so could care less. WVU- the school I root for, is in trouble though, but guess you were too busy trolling and desperately seeking a scapegoat to notice.

I don’t follow Houston football so could care less. WVU- the school I root for, is in trouble though, but guess you were too busy trolling and desperately seeking a scapegoat to notice.
The point is, no matter how much you say it, Dana is really no better than Brown. That’s been my point.

That's a lie. Is this Biden?

Gotta side with Bucky here. Kneel has literally driven the joy out of this season for me. I'll watch Thursday but if we get housed that might be it for me until he gets canned. I value my time and my blood pressure and emotionally investing into a shit product does nothing for either.
I support WVU football. I'll watch their games no matter and cheer for a victory. Might also have to pray to get one.

The point is, no matter how much you say it, Dana is really no better than Brown. That’s been my point.
Holgorsen was far superior to Brown at WVU. It cant be disputed. You saying the opposite doesn’t make it so. There are indisputable facts in the record. You can see the wins, the rankings, however it’s sliced, Holgorsen was better. You trying to divert that issue to what a G5 school does currently is just deflecting the issue so you can avoid the actual issue- WVU football is bad under Brown.

Holgorsen was far superior to Brown at WVU. It cant be disputed. You saying the opposite doesn’t make it so. There are indisputable facts in the record. You can see the wins, the rankings, however it’s sliced, Holgorsen was better. You trying to divert that issue to what a G5 school does currently is just deflecting the issue so you can avoid the actual issue- WVU football is bad under Brown.
You do remember, last Saturday wasn’t the first time Kansas beat a Dana team? A very bad Kansas team beat Dana at WVU in 2013. 3-9 Kansas to be specific. I also remember Syracuse beating us in bowls under Dana. You’re simply diverting the real issue, Dana is not the great coach you believe he is. He’s an elite P5 OC posing as a P5 HC. Nothing wrong with that. Many would envy being in his shoes. Let’s just not act like he’s superior to Brown. Truthfully, they’re both lacking.

Let me know when your lover gets a top P5 job again.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Let me know when your lover gets a top P5 job again.
He will…as an OC. If he was a great HC, he wouldn’t have demoted himself from a P5 school to a G5 school. Nobody would’ve done that. Truth is, WVU made it clear to Dana he wouldn’t be back after the following season if he didn’t win. He knew it was a no win season losing Grier and Sills. He wanted out. He was good buddies with the largest booster at Houston and he gave him the job. If he was a great coach he would’ve had opportunities for another P5 program. He didn’t.

Again, there is no disputing facts. Holgorsen--one of the best ever coaches at WVU bringing WVU the second most wins next to Nehlen. Brown one of the worst coaches to coach at WVU with one of the worst win loss records to date and a losing %.

Just facts. Some people don't like facts. Doesn't matter. They still are facts.

For WVU right now, the fact is Brown is failing and WVU football is not doing well at all.

Again, there is no disputing facts. Holgorsen--one of the best ever coaches at WVU bringing WVU the second most wins next to Nehlen. Brown one of the worst coaches to coach at WVU with one of the worst win loss records to date and a losing %.

For WVU right now, the fact is Brown is failing and WVU football is not doing well at all.
Holgorsen was soo great he didn’t even believe it and demoted himself to the G5 ranks. Just facts.

Reactions: Jason Voorhees

Fact Holgorsen never beat an Iowa State team that finished in the top 15 like you claim. This is a lie you continually tell.
Fact the majority of Holgorsens wins came against teams with losing records.
Fact Holgorsen was 2-5 in bowl games and only won one bowl game with a team he recruited.
Fact some of Holgorsens bowl losses were some of the most embarrassing.
Fact Holgorsen got curb stomped by Syracuse, Miami in bowl games and lost to a Virginia Teach team to start the 2017 season. You keep telling us how superior the Big 12 is to the Acc but Holgorsen couldn't beat these teams with a big 12 roster.
Fact Neal Brown performed better against Kansas then your messiah Holgorsen did.
Fact Holgorsen only beat 1 team that finished in the top 25 at wvu with a team that he recruited.
Fact Holgorsen is the 2nd losingest coach at wvu.

Last edited:
More disinformation, deflection and derailing from the trolls. Here’s just one example of the disinformation and outright lies as some try to deflect from Browns failure at WVU:

1.Holgorsen never beat a top 15 ISU. That was a LIE.

November 4 3:30 p.m. No. 15 Iowa State
  • Mountaineer Field
  • Morgantown, WV
ESPN2 W 20–16

so yes Holgorsen did beat a top 15 ISU- the above is from Wikipedia, but it’s on ESPN and other sites. Just goes to show how dishonest the trolls are.

Other ignorant disinformation to clean up.
A. Holgorsen just won 2 bowls. Holgorsen won and tied for the second most number of bowls won at WVU by any coach but Nehlen who won 2 more but coached in more than any other coach by a long shot.
B. Holgorsen didn’t recruit players that played in the bowls he won. Yes he did. Holgorsen recruited some of the players that played for him his first year. Just like every coach he also inherited players. And then he coached them to more wins than the previous coach could including a historical Orange Bowl victory over favored Clemson.
C. DH won mostly against losing teams. Pretty much true for every winning coach around the country. Brown has beaten far fewer winning teams.
D. Brown performed better against Kansas. No. Holgorsen won many games at WVU vs. Kansas except one year for which he was vilified while some try to give Brown a pass. 2018/38-17, 2017/56-34, 2016/48-21, 2015/ 49-0, 2014/33-14, 2013 (L) 19-31, 2012/59-10.
Brown on the other hand vs. KU: 2022 (L) 42-55, 2021/34-28,2020/38-17,2019/29-24. So Brown has one sound win during COVID over KU, two close calls and a loss while at WVU, DH has 6 beat downs and 1 loss. Comparing this year is meaningless as Houston is in the G5.

could go on and on but we have been through this before. No matter how you try to twist it DH was one of the best coaches ever at WVU, bringing WVU the second most wins, two ten win seasons, a conference championship and historical crushing of Clemson.

Brown has been one of the worst and their records are not close.

The Virginia Tech game is a must win for Brown.

Last edited:

Nobody is disputing Brown good or bad. They just know Holgosen was another Bill Stewart with an offense and no defense. Holgorsen did nothing in Big 12 except beat the bottom and lose to the top 4 or 5.

More disinformation, deflection and derailing from the trolls. Here’s just one example of the disinformation and outright lies as some try to deflect from Browns failure at WVU:

1.Holgorsen never beat a top 15 ISU. That was a LIE.

November 4 3:30 p.m. No. 15 Iowa State
  • Mountaineer Field
  • Morgantown, WV
ESPN2 W 20–16

so yes Holgorsen did beat a top 15 ISU- the above is from Wikipedia, but it’s on ESPN and other sites. Just goes to show how dishonest the trolls are.

Other ignorant disinformation to clean up.
A. Holgorsen just won 2 bowls. Holgorsen won and tied for the second most number of bowls won at WVU by any coach but Nehlen who won 2 more but coached in more tha any other coach by a long shot.
B. Holgorsen didn’t recruit players that played in the bowls he won. Yes he did. Holgorsen recruited some of the players that played for him his first year. Just like every coach he also inherited players. And then he coached them to more wins than the previous coach could including a historical Orange Bowl victory over favored Clemson.
C. DH won mostly against losing teams. Pretty much true for every winning coach around the country. Brown has beaten far fewer winning teams.
D. Brown performed better against Kansas. No. Holgorsen won many games at WVU vs. Kansas except one year for which he was vilified while some try to give Brown a pass. 2018/38-17, 2017/56-34, 2016/48-21, 2015/ 49-0, 2014/33-14, 2013 (L) 19-31, 2012/59-10.
Brown on the other hand vs. KU: 2022 (L) 42-55, 2021/34-28,2020/38-17,2019/29-24. So Brown has one sound win during COVID over KU, two close calls and a loss while at WVU, DH has 6 beat downs and 1 loss. Comparing this year is meaningless as Houston is in the G5.

could go on and on but we have been through this before. No matter how you try to twist it DH was one of the best coaches ever at WVU, bringing WVU the second most wins, two ten win seasons, a conference championship and historical crushing of Clemson.

Brown has been one of the worst and their records are not close.

The Virginia Tech game is a must win for Brown.
Where was that Iowa state team ranked at the end of the season? Holgorsen only beat one team that finished in the top 25 with a team he recruited. Holgorsen only won one bowl with a team he fully recruited

Where was that Iowa state team ranked at the end of the season? Holgorsen only beat one team that finished in the top 25 with a team he recruited. Holgorsen only won one bowl with a team he fully recruited
No coach can control where an opponent is ranked at the end of the season. That’s absurd. Doesn’t mean the coach didn’t beat a ranked team. Obviously after Holgorsen beat them they dropped. If you wanted to apply your nonsensical double standard then probably 3/4 ranked wins by every coach wouldn’t count.

Fact is DH did beat a top 15 ranked ISU and you lied in order to deflect from Browns record and make Up bs to diminish his predecessor.

Brown can’t touch DHs record of success at WVU. He is more in line with the late Frank Cignetti.

Got to agree with the a-hole on this one. ISU was ranked when he beat them it counts as beating a ranked.

Brown beat #15 Va.Tech, #22 ISU, #16 Kansas State.

Neither coach beat Oklahoma. Hold a seven game losing streak to Oklahoma State which was started Dana. Texas Tech was dominated by Dana after 2012 and 2013. Neal Brown has yet to beat Texas Tech. Dana lost to a terrible Kansas team and Brown lost to a 3-0 Kansas.

Dana also has the 2nd most losses WVU history. Brown probably won't be here long enough to challenge that.

Who has the most losses at WVU? Don Nehlen- a HOF coach. Far more losses than DH. Wins are what matter.

If Brown is at WVU for eight seasons then he will double up on DHs losses But never approach the number of wins.

Holgorsen won at or above WVUs historical average the entire time he was at WVU. He also improved, going from a 7 win average to 8 last five to above 8 the last 4. Final year had WVU a top 10 offense and pts away against OU from playing in the BIG 12 CCG. Even had a heisman candidate most of the season until his hand was injured.

It doesn’t make Brown better pretending the former coach had a less positive impact for WVU football than he did. WVU was in the CFP poll and ranked under DH. Under Brown WVU isn’t even an afterthought and has never been ranked.

Last edited:
comparable records of two WVU coaches:

Frank Cignetti 4 years 44 games 17W 27L 0 T

Neal Brown 4 years 38 games. 18W 20L 0 T with 9 games left

comparable records of two WVU coaches:

Frank Cignetti 4 years 44 games 17W 27L 0 T

Neal Brown 4 years 38 games. 18W 20L 0 T with 9 games left
This is rare, but I agree with this comparison. Again, nobody is arguing with you about Neal Brown. Nobody. The only points of debate is your love fest with Holgorsen. He’s not what you perceive. If he was, we would be hearing his name mentioned with open P5 HC vacancies. We’re not hearing this. Nobody wants him.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Who has the most losses at WVU? Don Nehlen- a HOF coach. Far more losses than DH. Wins are what matter.

If Brown is at WVU for eight seasons then he will double up on DHs losses But never approach the number of wins.

Holgorsen won at or above WVUs historical average the entire time he was at WVU. He also improved, going from a 7 win average to 8 last five to above 8 the last 4. Final year had WVU a top 10 offense and pts away against OU from playing in the BIG 12 CCG. Even had a heisman candidate most of the season until his hand was injured.

It doesn’t make Brown better pretending the former coach had a less positive impact for WVU football than he did. WVU was in the CFP poll and ranked under DH. Under Brown WVU isn’t even an afterthought and has never been ranked.
How hard are now?

This is rare, but I agree with this comparison. Again, nobody is arguing with you about Neal Brown. Nobody. The only points of debate is your love fest with Holgorsen. He’s not what you perceive. If he was, we would be hearing his name mentioned with open P5 HC vacancies. We’re not hearing this. Nobody wants him.
Chatting with Bucky is like banging your head on the wall.

Chatting with Bucky is like banging your head on the wall.
He desperately wants someone to argue with him that Neal Brown is the best coach and we need to keep him. The only debate regarding Brown I see is when to make a decision. Buckaineer wants it now. Others, like myself, think we need to let the season play out and see what this team does and how they respond. For all we know, Kansas and Pitt may be playing in big bowl games after the season. Those losses may look better at the end. And what if WVU finishes the final 9 games 7-2? Their record would be 8-4. Firing Brown now is a knee jerk decision that would cost us 20 million in buyout.

Brown is in his fourth year at WVU and has failed to win at a school with great support and facilities.

Liepold came into a far worse situation at Kansas and in two seasons has already kicked Borwn‘s arse and has KU undefeated so far.

How much time does anyone need? Two five win seasons one with an added asterisk bowl win ( barely), a six win season, and a 1-2 start. Losing record everywhere it matters. Literally trying to get to .500 overall years in.

VT will be a huge test. Many feel Lyons should go with him after putting WVU in such a bind for?

Last edited:
Brown is in his fourth year at WVU and has failed to win at a school with great support and facilities.

Liepold came into a far worse situation at Kansas and in two season has already kicked Borwn‘s arse and has KU undefeated so far.

How much time does anyone need? Two five win seasons one with an added asterisk bowl win ( barely), a six win season, and a 1-2 start. Losing record everywhere it matters. Literally trying to get to .500 overall years in.

VT will be a huge test. Many feel Lyons should go with him after putting WVU in such a bind for?
Liepold sure kicked Dana’s a$$. Dana’s also in his 4th year.

ADVERTISEMENT