ADVERTISEMENT

When was the last time you feel that we had a team that played with an edge?

When is the last time we had a great RB? McCoy and Pettaway are hard to watch. Low level RBs. We need Sinkfield and Brown healthy.

I agree Pettaway and McCoy are low level RBs. They are both too slow. McCoy flashes sometimes but is no feature RB by any means.

2011 would be about right.

McCoy needs a huge hole to get any yards. He’s an FCS level RB. Skinny, slow. Another N.C. leftover low level recruit that will transfer out after this year. He will be 5th string next year. He almost left in offseason after seeing he was going to be 3-4 string. When Leddie and Sinkfield are both back 100% McCoy is back to bench.

Sad thing is that McCoy is best player we ever recruited from N.C. That shows you how bad N.C. recruiting has been. McCoy is not even a good RB. Low level RB. Grier was transfer not a high school recruit. Florida put him out. WVU should stop wasting time recruiting states like N.C. Nehlen never wasted his time recruiting stiffs from that overhyped state.

Reactions: RAK
I was thinking about the running game lately.
It used to be not if, but who would be the 1000 yard rusher for the season. How many years did we have consecutive seasons with running backs with 1000 yard seasons.Wide receivers who could catch and willing to block hard. I will always remember Ivy’s crack back block back in the bowl
Game against Eli Manning. Wel Lyons destroying that ECU player. And most of all maybe the greatest play I ever saw, when Steadman Bailey caught a pass behind a block from Tavon Auston. Then Tavon blew down field between 2 blockers to slow them down so Bailey could scour. Where are the days when WVU , win or lose pounded on its opponent. I wish we had a player who would say , as Darrell Talley said years back “I refuse to be beat on a play, I will not be beat. If I am beat on a play I will come back twice as hard the next play, and beat you”.
That’s the football attitude Dana and the staff have never instilled, and unfortunately Ferns from Ohio does have that attitude, was a beast in high school. But has had a major injury every year. Not his fault, but the type of leadership we are sorely lacking.
We need that “ I will not be beat, and do whatever you have to , to make every play the best it can be.
Not half arse effort ,at times from every player.
And how about being where you should be on s play. Our secondary just doesn’t know their positions . It’s painful to watch them out there way out of where they should be. I understand blown coverages happe even with the best DBs. But we are out there under coached and really don’t understand their assignments well.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT