ADVERTISEMENT

Tough schedule, 9 strangers WAS the problem

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
I've posted all season that WVU's W-L record, which many on here attacked, is due in large measure to playing the 7th toughest schedule in America.

The numbers agree with me.

West Virginia is 1 of 7 teams with 5+ Quad 1 wins and no Q2-4 losses.

The others – Alabama, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Purdue & Texas.

Notice that FIVE of the SEVEN teams in that category are BIG 12 teams? Which is EIGHT games WVU plays against such awesome teams.

WVU has beaten SIX teams either in the Top 25 or opponents higher in their conference standings than the 8th place Mountaineers are in the Big 12.

The Mountaineers’ ONLY non-conference losses were to #1 Purdue & #13 Xavier, both 1st in their conferences (Big 10 and Big East)!!!

WVU defeated

Pitt 1st in the ACC
Auburn 4th in SEC
Florida 6th in SEC

Also, beat

#11 Iowa State 2nd in Big 12
#17 TCU 2nd in Big 12

If WVU were in the Big 10, SEC, ACC or Pac-12 the Mountaineers would be at or near the top of the conference standings.

Also, the 9 Strangers transferring from other colleges had never played together so it took time to adjust to each other. 5 W's in the last 7 games proves that WVU has become a close-knit family that just needed time to adjust to each other. Just like marriages it take time to work out the kinks.

Next is Texas, which beat WVU by 8, but 6 games ago while the team was just getting used to each other. Then Baylor, which beat WVU by 5 when the 9 Strangers were in the throes of an 0-4 Big 12 start while still getting acquainted with each other and Big 12 bullyball.

In the last EIGHT games 17 more points would have meant that WVU would have had an 8-game winning streak!

The numbers don't lie. This team has a lot of talented individuals. They just needed to get to know each other.

Now that they have, March Madness could be fun for WVU fans!!!

Last edited:
I've posted all season that WVU's W-L record, which many on here attacked, is due in large measure to playing the 7th toughest schedule in America.

The numbers agree with me.

West Virginia is 1 of 7 teams with 5+ Quad 1 wins and no Q2-4 losses.

The others – Alabama, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Purdue & Texas.

Notice that FIVE of the SEVEN teams in that category are BIG 12 teams? Which is EIGHT games WVU plays against such awesome teams.

WVU has beaten SIX teams either in the Top 25 or opponents higher in their conference standings than the 8th place Mountaineers are in the Big 12.

The Mountaineers’ ONLY non-conference losses were to #1 Purdue & #13 Xavier, both 1st in their conferences (Big 10 and Big East)!!!

WVU defeated

Pitt 1st in the ACC
Auburn 4th in SEC
Florida 6th in SEC

Also, beat

#11 Iowa State 2nd in Big 12
#17 TCU 2nd in Big 12

If WVU were in the Big 10, SEC, ACC or Pac-12 the Mountaineers would be at or near the top of the conference standings.

Also, the 9 Strangers transferring from other colleges had never played together so it took time to adjust to each other. 5 W's in the last 7 games proves that WVU has become a close-knit family that just needed time to adjust to each other. Just like marriages it take time to work out the kinks.

Next is Texas, which beat WVU by 8, but 6 games ago while the team was just getting used to each other. Then Baylor, which beat WVU by 5 when the 9 Strangers were in the throes of an 0-4 Big 12 start while still getting acquainted with each other and Big 12 bullyball.

In the last EIGHT games 17 more points would have meant that WVU would have had an 8-game winning streak!

The numbers don't lie. This team has a lot of talented individuals. They just needed to get to know each other.

Now that they have, March Madness could be fun for WVU fans!!!
Lots of teams have majority transfer players. See Big 12 teams for example, as there are 34 transfer players that came to the Big 12. With 5 of those transferring from a Big 12 team to another Big 12 team. TCU average age for their team is 23.

Time to stop with your bullshit of 9 players being strangers. Its been 24 games now.

I already posted A WHILE BACK that the 9 strangers had learned each other's ways. And then expressed my disappointment that the last 5 minutes comatose performances continued. I know you read it. RM put you up to this? Or are you an RM alias?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT