ADVERTISEMENT

A SAINT came to the rescue when it counted the most!

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
SAINT Joe TousSAINT did it!

His best last 5 minutes of any game this season. His pass to open teammate for unguarded layup was a masterpiece! Joe learned that passing works better than dribbling . . . finally. Joe and I are both ecstatic about it.

Joe had NINETEEN points, ONE turnover, 8-8 in free throws, SEVEN rebounds, 3-5 on 3’s, much better than 3-point King Erik’s 4-10 in percentages.
Awesome job!!!!

Erik had 23 points, which certainly helped keep WVU in the game till Saint Joe came through at the end. Matthews had 13 points, also good to see late in the season.

WVU won rebounding, 29-26, with TWENTY TWO defensive rebounds, which kept Iowa State from scoring the same as blocking a shot.

WVU is 17-13 and March Madness bound with a bottom 4 opponent in 1st round of Big 12 tournament.

WVU had ONLY 12 turnovers, one more than I suggested, but that’s 8 FEWER than their season average which accounts for the points that won the game and then some.

I am happier than a dog rolling in his own poop!

Kansas State in Morgantown Saturday then Big 12 opener against a NOT-Top 25 team.

WVU is on fire at the PERFECT time in the season.

March Madness, here we come! And might surprise some people, at least till the Sweet Sixteen!

Whew! I’ll be awake till 5 a.m. instead of my usual 3 a.m. replaying this glorious game in my brain!

Hate to burst your bubble but need 1 more win.

SO? 1ST BIG 12 TOURNAMENT GAME IS AGAINST A BOTTOM 4 TEAM. THIS TEAM IS ON FIRE. NO PROBLEM. YOU DO ... REPEAT DO ... WANT WVU TO WIN THE BIG 12 OPENER AND ADVANCE TO THE SWEET SIXTEEN IN MARCH MADNESS, DON'T YOU? OR WOULD YOU RATHER THEY DIDN'T SO YOU CAN PISS ON MY HAPPINESS. THAT DOESN'T MAKE YOU A LOYAL WVU FAN, AS I AM. IT IS MY ALMA MATER THAT CATAPAULTED ME TO A SUCCESSFUL NEWSPAPER CAREER AND FINANCIAL ASSETS BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS WHEN I WAS A COAL MINER'S SON IN MONONGAH! IS IT WRONG FOR ME TO BE HAPPY AT 9O? AND DELERIOUS ABOUT MY BELOVED ALMA MATER'S RESURRECTION!

SO? 1ST BIG 12 TOURNAMENT GAME IS AGAINST A BOTTOM 4 TEAM. THIS TEAM IS ON FIRE. NO PROBLEM. YOU DO ... REPEAT DO ... WANT WVU TO WIN THE BIG 12 OPENER AND ADVANCE TO THE SWEET SIXTEEN IN MARCH MADNESS, DON'T YOU? OR WOULD YOU RATHER THEY DIDN'T SO YOU CAN PISS ON MY HAPPINESS. THAT DOESN'T MAKE YOU A LOYAL WVU FAN, AS I AM. IT IS MY ALMA MATER THAT CATAPAULTED ME TO A SUCCESSFUL NEWSPAPER CAREER AND FINANCIAL ASSETS BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS WHEN I WAS A COAL MINER'S SON IN MONONGAH! IS IT WRONG FOR ME TO BE HAPPY AT 9O? AND DELERIOUS ABOUT MY BELOVED ALMA MATER'S RESURRECTION!
NCAA looks less at conference tournaments and more at regular season than you think unless someone off the cuff makes a run like an Oklahoma State or a Texas Tech to make Big 12 title game. This is why KSU is more important to get as it will be win 18 and makes a better chance at not being last 4 in. You don't want to go to Dayton.

catapulted
delirious
Alma mater
coal miners

For a so called sports writer you can't spell.

As far as you, Mr Biden, you were never a coal miners son or daughter.

You picked ISU to win Big 12 and failed.

Last edited:

His best last 5 minutes of any game this season. His pass to open teammate for unguarded layup was a masterpiece! Joe learned that passing works better than dribbling . . . finally. Joe and I are both ecstatic about it.

Joe had NINETEEN points, ONE turnover, 8-8 in free throws, SEVEN rebounds, 3-5 on 3’s, much better than 3-point King Erik’s 4-10 in percentages.
Awesome job!!!!

Erik had 23 points, which certainly helped keep WVU in the game till Saint Joe came through at the end. Matthews had 13 points, also good to see late in the season.

WVU had ONLY 12 turnovers,
Yes. By your numbers and hard facts, the Saint really cut down his turnovers from (2 per minute which given his average minutes per game of 21.8 = )43.6 down to one. That’s quite an improvement.

Awesome job!!!!

WVU won rebounding, 29-26, with TWENTY TWO defensive rebounds, which kept Iowa State from scoring the same as blocking a shot.

WVU is 17-13 and March Madness bound with a bottom 4 opponent in 1st round of Big 12 tournament.

WVU had ONLY 12 turnovers, one more than I suggested, but that’s 8 FEWER than their season average which accounts for the points that won the game and then some.

I am happier than a dog rolling in his own poop!

Kansas State in Morgantown Saturday then Big 12 opener against a NOT-Top 25 team.

WVU is on fire at the PERFECT time in the season.

March Madness, here we come! And might surprise some people, at least till the Sweet Sixteen!

Whew! I’ll be awake till 5 a.m. instead of my usual 3 a.m. replaying this glorious game in my brain!
you mean one fewer turnover..WVU averages 13 to's a game not 20

NO NO

According to the per minute stats per player, WVU should be over 350 some per game.

His numbers don’t lie, being such a a longtime sports reporter.

• Haha
Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT