ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football vs. Virginia Tech

Those are the plays where Greene should be in. It gives us a big advantage in that situation,
Even before the ball was snapped you knew there was little threat of getting the first down. Doege is only serviceable throwing it beyond 8 yards when it's 1st/2nd and 10. 3rd and long lets the D fall back and they know he's not reliable downfield and certainly not to run for the 1st.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Even before the ball was snapped you knew there was little threat of getting the first down. Doege is only serviceable throwing it beyond 8 yards when it's 1st/2nd and 10. 3rd and long lets the D fall back and they know he's not reliable downfield and certainly not to run for the 1st.
Agreed.

This game rests solely on the shoulders of Leddie Brown. Doege will remain for every snap. The D will know that every play will go through Brown and put all its focus on him. If he does his job, WVU should win. But it's all on him. 1st and 2nd down? Handoff to Brown. 3rd and 11? Throw to the flats to Brown. VT's D coordinator should have the easiest quarter of play calls in his career.

ShNeal is going to just keep running it. Thats fine, as long as the OL doesnt blow it. I would prefer to stay fast and aggressive. This isnt 1985

Feels like the energy was purposely taken out of the offense after the half. Wait until the 4th Q for that. Let the natural fire burn hot. Don't sit on the lead... yet.

"Garrett! Get in there! My golden child's helmet came off!"
"Sure thing, Coach!" 7 yard rush.
"Now get the fvck out of there!"

"Doege, my dear, you may go back in there to hand it off to Leddie."

Stupid. We have a group of capable runners. Let's get pretty and cute though.

Brown needs to learn how to close a game out strong.

Reactions: spreadoption
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT