ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football vs. Texas Tech

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Game kicks off at 3:30 p.m. Saturday and will be televised by ESPN+. Big 12 Conference opener for the Mountaineers.

The uniforms shouldnt exist.

Dang I cant touch this game with prediction. I felt confident we would beat the Dukes and Pitt but now that we are facing a team who runs lots of plays and pushes the ball downfield, it kind of feels like this is the first real game of the season and I literally have no idea what to expect. I just hope our front 7 hits their QB early and often. Throw a spoke in their wheels. If they do that and Nicco shows the arm that got him 4 stars, it could be a really fun game.

The uniforms shouldnt exist.

Dang I cant touch this game with prediction. I felt confident we would beat the Dukes and Pitt but now that we are facing a team who runs lots of plays and pushes the ball downfield, it kind of feels like this is the first real game of the season and I literally have no idea what to expect. I just hope our front 7 hits their QB early and often. Throw a spoke in their wheels. If they do that and Nicco shows the arm that got him 4 stars, it could be a really fun game.
TTU defense is not great, but neither is our offense. If our front 7 can make it impossible for TTU to have time and force their offense to misfire, maybe it can snow ball the way Holgorsen's aggressive offense with crap defense once did. But we would need to score early, keep their defense on the field as much as possible to wear them down, and hope the pressure to score forces TTU to make mistakes.

We lose a shoot out. We also likely lose if TOP is even or in their favor.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
TTU turns the ball over a lot. WVU needs to take advantage of turnovers. WVU will not win a shootout. They will need to slow the game down.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
I don’t have a feeling either way in this game. That may be good because when I have a good feeling we always lose.

• Haha
Reactions: WVUALLEN
This game will be the deciding point in what type of season we will have. A win, and possibly 7-8 wins. A loss, and possibly downward spiral.

We don't have to worry about anyone seeing this one as god himself, Deion Sanders, Colorado team is playing Oregon at 3:30 pm.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike WVU
805xfl.jpg

I really don't have a feeling for this game either, because the first three games really haven't shown any trends. We lost to a good team, beat a lower tier team, and won ugly against a mediocre rival at home. This one had just as well be the first game in the season, and will tell us just how good or bad we are. If it's any comfort, our buddy SVP is picking us.

The defensive front is playing really well. Keep it up. Now run it right down their throat and score.

This is a strong start to a game. Best start we have had in a while. It feels like Neal is going to beat his nemesis. Keep it up

Defense is playing really well but we can’t keep going three and out with a Donaldson sitting on the bench inexplicably.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT