ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football vs. Iowa State

I can't help the feeling that we blow another opportunity and give up the lead in 4th quarter and lose 35-31

Please prove me wrong WVU and Neal.

Reactions: locustwv
This is the most emotional day of my life. Late last Sunday night/early Monday morning, I lost my dad. The funeral is today. But seeing the video of the planned "Coal Rush" sent me in to an emotional whirlwind. My father was a coal miner in West Virginia and Eastern Kentucky for over 20 years. It was a job that he loved, even though he suffered greatly from it by being injured multiple times, almost killed once, and suffering black lung. He was my hero, who I took to a few WVU games, including the Backyard Brawl where he got to experience for the first time the "Eat Sh!t Pitt" chant, which he continued talking about all the time. So regardless of the outcome, I am thankful that the university continues to honor the hard working coal miners in this great state. My dad would have been happy.

WVU 30
Iowa State 20
If the neers score 30 it will probably be a win for the home team. It means they were very efficient running the ball and converted in the redzone. ISU has several injuries on defense so it is very possible. If WVU is forced to throw a bunch, the Clones will walk out winners imo.

Reactions: locustwv
This is the most emotional day of my life. Late last Sunday night/early Monday morning, I lost my dad. The funeral is today. But seeing the video of the planned "Coal Rush" sent me in to an emotional whirlwind. My father was a coal miner in West Virginia and Eastern Kentucky for over 20 years. It was a job that he loved, even though he suffered greatly from it by being injured multiple times, almost killed once, and suffering black lung. He was my hero, who I took to a few WVU games, including the Backyard Brawl where he got to experience for the first time the "Eat Sh!t Pitt" chant, which he continued talking about all the time. So regardless of the outcome, I am thankful that the university continues to honor the hard working coal miners in this great state. My dad would have been happy.
I’ve been a coal miner for just over 20 years and it’s amazing the bond you develop with all the guys underground. Probably the one thing that is talked about the most is Mountaineer football and basketball. Coal miners in West Virginia love their Mountaineers!!! I’m sorry for your loss, and hope the Coal rush makes you proud of your dad and the work he did all those years. A win would probably help too!!!

Reactions: WESTBGVA
I’ve been a coal miner for just over 20 years and it’s amazing the bond you develop with all the guys underground. Probably the one thing that is talked about the most is Mountaineer football and basketball. Coal miners in West Virginia love their Mountaineers!!! I’m sorry for your loss, and hope the Coal rush makes you proud of your dad and the work he did all those years. A win would probably help too!!!
I'm pleased you are proud of being a miner. I lost a grandfather to black lung and an uncle that was blown up in the Farmington #9 mine in 1968. My family has a different take on the industry as there was great suffering due to those deaths.

Regardless how one feels about what WVU is attempting to do about the heritage of the mines, I just want a win out of the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT