ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football vs. Kansas

How can they review a play after a delay of penalty was called? Anyone know?

Penalty Enforcement after Replay Review – (Rule 12-3-6-i & j)
Rules language added that codifies penalty enforcement after replay reviews. Fouls that carry 5-
yard and 10-yard penalties are not enforced if the ruling is overturned, and they become dead
ball fouls. Personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct fouls are always enforced, regardless of
the outcome of a replay review.

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
Yet penalty should still stand since play was ruled incomplete. Not that it matters with WVU as we will find a way to mess up somewhere.
That's correct. If the ruling was overturned, then the penalty would likely not be enforced, similar to how they give back a timeout if a coach calls one to try and give time for a review.

I suspect KU will go for it after the delay. Why wouldn't they?

Reactions: WVUALLEN
They have the lead and they haven’t used our kryptonite yet (deep ball or Hail Mary in impossible critical situations)

That's correct. If the ruling was overturned, then the penalty would likely not be enforced, similar to how they give back a timeout if a coach calls one to try and give time for a review.

I suspect KU will go for it after the delay. Why wouldn't they?
4th and 7. Either way it will work. Pin them deep and wait for the usual mistake or go for it and if they don't make it WVU will run the clock out for them. They have 197 yards rushing 5.3 yard average. Passing 148 yards and 6.4 average.

Can I just say, if a team is going to run the option, I would coach the defense to hit the quarterback 100% of the time until they stop. Regardless of the outcome.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Well this is one of the most disappointing starts to a season I can remember

The amount of fans in the stadium now should be the amount in the stadium for the rest of the year. This is awful football.

After 6 years under HCNB, should we be playing this kind of defense?

Six years to build this kind of inept defense?

It's time for the press to start asking Nelly and the admin really tough questions...enough of the powder puff interviews.

We've seen this movie before....

Nelly --to his credit-- is loyal to his players, however, --like with Doege-- that loyalty gets him in trouble.......and we're seeing that play out with GG... GG has a lot of heart and spirit, but that only goes so far...and we've see just how far that goes. It may be time to put the backup in, and see what he can do.

Will Neal eat the clock and go for the tie? Or will we score a TD to early and blow it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT