ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football vs. BYU

F-IzyKEXIAAQTqv

Best WVU game in over 5 years. This is how WVU football looks, at least to me. The players were hyped before the game. They were fired up. That is Mountaineer football, and what we havent seen in way too long. Keep it up!!!!

Finally a game with mostly positives. Every game has some negatives and WVU did squander some redzone trips, but luckily BYU is so bad that it did not affect the outcome much. I still think OU after 2 losses and at home will "get right" against us, but hopefully we won't make it easy. That said, even with a loss to OU, both Baylor and Cincy are there for the picking so a 7 win season is minimum expectation. 8 very attainable. Either way, finishing strong is important as 7 wins, 8 wins, or 9 wins are not the big picture. The big picture is the program using this season to hopefully feed into a 10, 11, or 12 win season in the next 3 years. At leas that should be the goal of the program.

just too many penalties..those pre-snap false starts at home this late in the season were a not so pleasant surprise.

they keep saying we played a complete game, but it really wasn't when the air is filled with yellow flags.

Last edited:
just too many penalties..those pre-snap false starts at home this late in the season were a not so pleasant surprise.

they keep saying we played a complete game, but it really wasn't when the air is filled with yellow flags.
I agree but that crew was flag happy. 2 of the false starts I didn’t see anyone move.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
I agree but that crew was flag happy. 2 of the false starts I didn’t see anyone move.
Those refs were annoying for sure! Ticky tack calls. The game was sloppy at times but the dominance in our running game was the best thing I've seen in a minute despite the flag fest. And the players hyped before the game. Previous teams under brown didn't show much emotion and fired up to play. This team is different and is showing signs of what has been lacking. Just keep it up, getting better each week.

Reactions: locustwv
Best WVU game in over 5 years. This is how WVU football looks, at least to me. The players were hyped before the game. They were fired up. That is Mountaineer football, and what we havent seen in way too long. Keep it up!!!!
Not taking anything away, we did play very well. But this was BYU's "JV" team. They have a bunch of injuries and DNP's last night.

That crew throws the MOST FLAGS in the Big 12. When you see them on the field, be prepared for 15-20 accepted penalties. Guaranteed.

The one that has me scratching my head is the "illegal man downfield". Milum was downfield, so should have been flagged. However, the flag did not come until the had spotted the ball, and we had lined up, and then there was a whistle from the side judge on BYU's side and he threw the flag then. It has me wondering did the review people get in their ear and tell them to throw the flag? Which is not allowed. Or were they so incompetent that they waited until the BYU coaching staff said "throw the flag".

Not taking anything away, we did play very well. But this was BYU's "JV" team. They have a bunch of injuries and DNP's last night.
Yeah they were thin for sure. We will know more about WVU next week when we play a good but beatable OU team.

Yeah they were thin for sure. We will know more about WVU next week when we play a good but beatable OU team.
Better clean up the pre-snap penalties. Going to be very loud Saturday in Norman. Cannot afford to get in negative yard situations. Got to be able to match them offensively.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT