ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football at Texas Tech

1. Our QB isn't very good. He's "good", but not what is needed. Cannot hold Geno Smith's jock strap.

2. Is Bryce Ford-Wheaton still on the team? We've targeted #15 more than him it feels like.

Reactions: Tnmounty
Texas Tech is a tough opponent, they came out strong and we weren't able to recover. Our defense has to play f'ing faster and sh'it we have to stop with the stupid penalties. We'll regroup in practice this week, try to get better, and keep climbing.
Have you been drinking?

Winning this game and finally beating a Texas Texh program that shouldn’t be better than us would be the first sign of a climb, if one exists. We have 1 half to make it happen.
We took their best shot but we failed to give our best back. Why do I feel like it will be more of the same in 2nd half.

We blitzed 1 time I think. Dropping 8 into coverage and they pick you apart. What do you have to lose with a few blitzes.

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
Brad Howe sure thought we could beat these guys. Can’t wait to hear how this performance (and every performance against Texas Tech) is not a direct result of our shitty coaching staff.

2766118_web1_gtr-NealBrown-062520.jpg

Our offense and defense is so far behind everyone else early on in games. What does that tell you? Hmmm....
When our defense and offense are this badly overmatched against freaking Texas Tech, the coach needs to be thrown out on his ass

The "throw a jump ball pass to the WR and hope he can beat the DB for it" strategy only works when your WRs are really, really good. That should be an occasional play instead of a staple.

The UFC may or may not be pointless but reporting UFC results as Breaking News during a college football game is definitely pointless.

Reactions: GoWVU
Second half of the season adjustments:

1. Go with a different QB, preferably one that is a slight run threat
2. RUN THE BALL with Donaldson

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
These read option-take-5-seconds-to-hand-off plays with JT as our QB is pointless. Am I the only one that sees it?
A read option where the QB never keeps the ball is indeed pointless. The whole point is to read the D and figure out if it's best for the QB to keep it or hand it off.

A read option where the QB never keeps the ball is indeed pointless. The whole point is to read the D and figure out if it's best for the QB to keep it or hand it off.
Its a new design by Brown, where you fake the read option, and hope for the best. Pretend

We'll be 3-4 with the following schedule remaining. Texas Tech was one of our easier remaining games. The offense comes and goes but the defense is simply consistently bad.

Sat, Oct 29 vs
tcu2_wbgs.png
(8) TCU6-0
Time: TBD
Sat, Nov 5 @
iowa_state_wbg.png
Iowa St.3-4
Sat, Nov 12 vs
Oklahoma_wbg.png
Oklahoma4-3
Sat, Nov 19 vs
kansas_state_wbgs.png
(17) Kansas St.5-1
Sat, Nov 26 @
oklahoma_state_wbg.png
(11) Oklahoma St.5-1

I've come to the conclusion that you have to have either (a) a QB that can run or (b) a QB that can't run but can throw AND really good WRs.

I blame Baylor. If they'd just done what they should have done, after this evening maybe we would be done with this Brown era.

I've come to the conclusion that you have to have either (a) a QB that can run or (b) a QB that can't run but can throw AND really good WRs.
Notice their WR screen plays. QB (making 2nd start) takes snap, immediately gets rid of it. Our QB takes snap, drops back 2-3 steps, then throws it.

Well it's time to watch the original opening to Start Trek and see if I can guess which star turns into the Enterprise

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT