ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football at TCU

Brown seat is getting cooler but I'm still not sold completely on him.
Im not sold on him at all but I love this team. I honestly think we have more potential than what we are seeing on offense big time, but as long as we keep winning its all good. These are games we should win so he doesnt get no pat on the back from me lol. I love the physical play of the defense though. We havent seen this since Vic's defenses showed flashes.

I know one guy on the Gameday crew that will have a loud laugh next week after picking WVU and being told he’s being foolish.
qWswDZG.jpg

Great win, tremendous effort. Missed out on dang near 7 turnovers and would not be denied….now do we have any one healthy for next week? Can we find some kids on campus who want to catch the ball?

Reactions: deedoubleyou
A penalty can not be called off of a reply unless they are looking at targeting.
But if intentional groundings isn’t called because the QB was ruled down, it can be called when he replay shows that he wasn’t down and threw a pass.

Brown seat is getting cooler but I'm still not sold completely on him.
Nor should you be. This win helps his case that he is not a complete boob, but it certainly doesn't do much to help his case that he is capable of bringing WVU back to the level it was from 1983-2007. It is year 5 and struggling for a 3 point win against an above average TCU shouldn't be arguably your greatest accomplishment to date.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
But if intentional groundings isn’t called because the QB was ruled down, it can be called when he replay shows that he wasn’t down and threw a pass.
This is from the NCAA coaches replay manuel.

Reviewable Fouls
ARTICLE 8. The following plays are reviewable, and the replay official may create a foul when there is no
call by the on-field officials:
a. Player making a forward pass or forward handoff when the player’s entire body and the ball is or has
been beyond the neutral zone or after a change of possession (Rule 12-3-2-c and -d).
b. Player beyond the neutral zone when kicking the ball (Rule 12-3-4-b).
c. Blocking by players of the kicking team before they are eligible to touch the ball on an onside kick (Rule
12-3-4-e).
d. The number of players on the field for either team during a live ball (Rule 12-3-6-a).
e. Illegal touching of a forward pass by an originally eligible receiver who has gone out of bounds or
touching of a forward pass by an originally ineligible player (Rules 12-3-2-b and 12-3-3-h).
f. A player touching or recovering a kick or loose ball who is or has been out of bounds during the kick.
(Rule 12-3-4-f).
g. Forward pass that becomes illegal as a second pass after an on-field ruling of a backward pass is
reversed (Rule 12-3-2-e).
h. A clear and obvious targeting foul (Rule 12-3-5-b)

If you are talking about that 3rd down play at the end of the game, the QB was out of the pocket, the ball went past the line of scrimmage, thus there is no intentional grounding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT