ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football at Iowa State

So....down 21-0 we were pass pass pass. Now down 35-0 we are run run run. The ball coach wants to keep that clock running and get out of Ames.

They have not quit, they are getting beat by a much better team. They are still out there fighting, but they don't have the talent of the IS team. Obviously not many do right now. Losing that first game is hurting them bad because they would be in the conversation of the top 4 with the way the play and the players they have

Last I checked ISU doesn't have a roster full of 5 and 4 stars, the budget of its in-state rival, let alone UT or Bama, or in a hotbed of high school talent.

Brown and the DC triumvirate, along with every player who stepped on the field today should walk off it with their heads hung low in shame and embarrassment. They deserve to return to Morgantown to a chorus of boos and jeers.

I'm sure Vic Koennig is laughing.

Last edited:
Here comes the comeback!!!!!!!

FFS, he kicks a FG down 35-0 in the 4th quarter.

What a clown show.

Stupid is as stupid does.

That was completely on Brown for kicking the FG. No doubt in my mind Campbell would have pulled his starters if we'd went for it on 4th.

Reactions: spreadoption
source.gif

HCNB is officially Matt Campbell's bitch.

In the last 6 quarters the head-to-head score is:

Campbell 66, HCNB 6

And HCNB's 6 points are 2 meaningless FGs that no other coach in America would be stupid enough to attempt.

Trust the climb?

Not when the team falls off the cliff!

Worse WVU performance of the decade!

Bring on Huggins Heroes to cheer me up!

I hope the coaching staff has the decency to return their pay checks for this week

Last I checked ISU doesn't have a roster full of 5 and 4 stars, the budget of its in-state rival, let alone UT or Bama, or in a hotbed of high school talent.

Brown and the DC triumvirate, along with every player who stepped on the field today should walk off it with their heads hung low in shame and embarrassment. They deserve to return to Morgantown to a chorus of boos and jeers.

I'm sure Vic Koennig is laughing.

Vic being there would have changed nothing.

He said we got our ass whipped. What did you expect him to say. One thing Brown does is admit mistakes.

Maybe something about the defense. Sure the offense did them no favors, but they gave up TDs on 3 of the first 4 ISU drives and that all but guarantees this squad a loss with how utterly pathetic the offense is and has continued to be as the season rolled on. No turnovers and I don't believe we sacked Purdy once. 2 weeks to game plan and the defense was beat from the word go and that's not to be expected unlike the offensive woes.

Let's face it, this team quit. It came out with no emotion and got punched the mouth, then folded like a cheap suitcase. HCNB proved that he couldn't fire up a grill let alone an entire football team.

Significant upgrades are needed to this program in all areas. Every part of it is sub-standard.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Let's face it, this team quit. It came out with no emotion and got punched the mouth, then folded like a cheap suitcase. HCNB proved that he couldn't fire up a grill let alone an entire football team.

Significant upgrades are needed to this program in all areas. Every part of it is sub-standard.

We have no players. You can hate Neal all you want. I like the guy. But if he doesn't win 8 next year I expect the AD to start looking. I'll let it slip to 7 if we stay in every game and give it 100% and don't get embarrassed like this ever again.

I would show this game film all the way home. Then burn it.

Reactions: spreadoption
We have no players. You can hate Neal all you want. I like the guy. But if he doesn't win 8 next year I expect the AD to start looking. I'll let it slip to 7 if we stay in every game and give it 100% and don't get embarrassed like this ever again.

I would show this game film all the way home. Then burn it.

I'm all for giving Brown the time he needs to prove what he's got, but it definitely shakes the confidence to have arguably the worst display of your tenure in the 9th game of the second season. I agree he's got to show much better growth from season 2-3 because the growth from 1-2 is looking marginal.

I'm all for giving Brown the time he needs to prove what he's got, but it definitely shakes the confidence to have arguably the worst display of your tenure in the 9th game of the second season. I agree he's got to show much better growth from season 2-3 because the growth from 1-2 is looking marginal.

I expected some rust after being 3 weeks since the last game but that was awful. Maybe some practices got cut because of covid issues I don't know but that looked like last years team and not the one we saw this year. In the other 3 losses we still had a shot to win and even gave the game away to TTU. But this was down right gut punch from a blind side. This one was a reality check that we have a really long way to go and Neal Brown might build it but might not get to see the fruits of his labor.

And there you have it. Not remotely competitive against a team that Louisiana Lafayette beat up to start the season.

One more @$$ shellacking to go this year, unless someone puts them in a bowl.

Yeah winning 7, 8, 10 games a year was horrible....oh wait. But, but, WVU is " competitive"....oh wait.... Uh, anyone can step in and immediately do better, ...... Um

And now you see the absolute destruction of a Mountaineer program because a bunch of no nothings thought they knew better than the staff that was here before and worked night and day to destroy WVus program. Now you see ( although im certain some still wont admit it).

Looking right down the barrel at 10-12 over two years going into next season- with five wins only per season ( and two of those against fcs programs, and another two against terrible Kansas----likely the last of this debacle.

And there you have it. Not remotely competitive against a team that Louisiana Lafayette beat up to start the season.

Yeah winning 7, 8, 10 games a year was horrible....oh wait. But, but, WVU is " competitive"....oh wait.... Uh, anyone can step in and immediately do better, ...... Um

And now you see the absolute destruction of a Mountaineer program because a bunch of no nothings thought they knew better than the staff that was here before and worked night and day to destroy WVus program. Now you see ( although im certain some still wont admit it).

Looking right down the barrel at 10-12 over two years going into next season- with five wins only per season ( and two of those against fcs programs, and another two against terrible Kansas----likely the last of this debacle.
Well Wvu wasn't very competitive against Iowa state the last time they visited Ames and that's when your Boy friend was running the show. That Wvu team was supposed to compete for a Big 12 title while Iowa State was a middle of the pack team.

I would say the growth between year 1 and 2 has been more than marginal

Hey dumbass. Don't forget 2 against KSU (your pick of greatness, 2 against TCU your other pick of greatness)

What we see is the left overs of a drunken coke head coach that put this program decades behind by not recruiting but only getting transfers and still couldn't beat Oklahoma or even come close to Big 12 title. WVU only won 7 a year avg with Holcokerson.

Reactions: Tnmounty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT