ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball vs. SMU

Well, that was a rough second half. No sugar coating that one. This is going to be a tough season to watch.

Side note: how do we not at least have a walk on body available? Where is Logan Routt when you need him?

Reactions: deedoubleyou
I am still hopeful that this team grows as the year progresses. The bench is just way too short and I’m afraid some of the returning guys haven’t developed as well as we needed them to once bodies started leaving the program.

I am still hopeful that this team grows as the year progresses. The bench is just way too short and I’m afraid some of the returning guys haven’t developed as well as we needed them to once bodies started leaving the program.
Growing for this team will be going .500 when Kerr returns. You can forget Battle and Akok it ain't happening.

Huggins worst record season of 15-21 is in jeopardy. That record could be broken this year and that 2019 team beat Monmouth 71-53.

The difference between an over-the-hill, hungover, grumpy old hall of fame coach and a guy who's never coached is real. There was a lot of hope that Eilert would some how end up being a score, but reality is that he is barely qualified to coach Fairmont St. It was always a long shot. This is a throwaway season. Get used to it. A lot of people are gonna see that Huggs was actually a pretty good coach still, despite his shortcomings in recent years.

We are going to lose some games and more than we are used to this year. Everyone should know that. Are you people going to complain about what transpired to put the team and coaching staff in an unfortunate place all season?

We are going to lose some games and more than we are used to this year. Everyone should know that. Are you people going to complain about what transpired to put the team and coaching staff in an unfortunate place all season?
What unfortunate place? How can the fans put them there?

If anyone didn't realize that this season was going to be a write off, then shame on you. The hoops squad won't be able to move forward until it can free itself of the huggins era.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
If anyone didn't realize that this season was going to be a write off, then shame on you. The hoops squad won't be able to move forward until it can free itself of the huggins era.
Yeah I got reamed for saying that months ago. Although, I was really hoping Eilert would some how end up being awesome. Reality has different plans,...

Fans didn't do anything to the team. I'm not going to judge Eilert on this season after 4 games. I'm going to watch and enjoy WVU play hard knowing they are at a disadvantage and hope we can win several we aren't expected to once the 9 game suspension is over.

We played very well in the first half. They started making shots in the second half and made adjustments on defense. We got beat. Not the end of the world.

Fans didn't do anything to the team. I'm not going to judge Eilert on this season after 4 games. I'm going to watch and enjoy WVU play hard knowing they are at a disadvantage and hope we can win several we aren't expected to once the 9 game suspension is over.

We played very well in the first half. They started making shots in the second half and made adjustments on defense. We got beat. Not the end of the world.
Agreed. We will only get better when Kerr is back, and maybe we all get lucky and Battle gets cleared. The only thing we can do is hope Eilert figures it out. Its a long shot but not out of the question.

The difference between an over-the-hill, hungover, grumpy old hall of fame coach and a guy who's never coached is real. There was a lot of hope that Eilert would some how end up being a score, but reality is that he is barely qualified to coach Fairmont St. It was always a long shot. This is a throwaway season. Get used to it. A lot of people are gonna see that Huggs was actually a pretty good coach still, despite his shortcomings in recent years.
Huggins is mostly to blame for this team and coaches being put in an impossible situation.

Growing for this team will be going .500 when Kerr returns. You can forget Battle and Akok it ain't happening.
Why not Battle? The NCAA just ruled a Cincinnati player eligible on appeal. His situation is on par with Battle. Multiple transfer. No degree. Claiming "mental health". And the NCAA said "you are good to go".

Why not Battle? The NCAA just ruled a Cincinnati player eligible on appeal. His situation is on par with Battle. Multiple transfer. No degree. Claiming "mental health". And the NCAA said "you are good to go".
NCAA ruled a lot of people eligible but twice denied Battle. When do they allow his request to play be approved? February 14th, 2024?

NCAA ruled a lot of people eligible but twice denied Battle. When do they allow his request to play be approved? February 14th, 2024?
My point is that denying Battle while giving OK for the Cincy player just yesterday would get WV Attorney General more power in filing lawsuit against the NCAA. They don't want that.

Huggins is mostly to blame for this team and coaches being put in an impossible situation.
I agree with that he is mostly to blame. However it could have been handled in a more tactful way that could have led to more players staying. But it's water under the bridge now it doesn't even matter anymore. The timing was bad for doing a coaching search. I hope Josh does well I wish him the best I really like that dude but the reality is it's a long shot.

Whoever this anaylst is, he is very irritating.
All I care about is accurate information about WVU, no matter whether it comes from a nice friendly person or an irritating, informative poster like me. As with Rich Rod, I ignore his off-field asshole behavior and appreciate what he did for my beloved alma mater on the field.

once the 9 game suspension is over.

I can't wait for the 10th game! WVU fell apart in the last game. Saw hopeful signs in earlier games despite the short-handed bench. Dec. 16 against UMass can't come soon enough for me with the full roster in uniform. Unfortunately WVU has to play #1 hated rival Pitt before then while still short a full deck.

Alright.......who did it?

63802124e4dc4b53ebdf72e5a9f0d265.gif

He

Eilert will not be the permanent WVU coach. Sorry to bust your bubble. It’s not happening.

He

Eilert will not be the permanent WVU coach. Sorry to bust your bubble. It’s not happening.
Not busting my bubble. I am supporting him and the team this season to achieve as much as they can as a real fan of WVU would do.

I'm going to want to know who the new coach will be. He's called interim for a reason. These guys are just a band aid and surely you can't expect them to survive after this season unless there is some kind of major miracle.

There will not be some losses. There are going to be a lot of losses. Will be lucky if they are 4-5 by the time Kerr returns. Upcoming games...

Right now 2-2

UVA - L
Bellarmine -W (if they lose this one they might as well scrap the team and staff)
St. Johns - L
Pitt - L
Drexel - W (not an automatic W they will need to play their best)

Kerr is back..(possibly WVU is 4-5)
UMass - W
Radford - W
Toledo - W
Ohio State - L

Big 12 starts
Houston - L
KSU - L
Texas - L
Oklahoma - L
Kansas - L
UCF - W
Oklahoma State - W
Cincinnati - L
BYU - L
Texas - L
TCU - L
Baylor - L
UCF - W
ISU - L
Kansas State - L
Texas tech - L
TCU - W
Cincinnati - L

12-19 (4-14) Would like to think we would be closer to .500 but I wouldn't place any bets on it.

If I'm wrong you can re-post at end of season. (I pray I am wrong)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT