ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball vs. SMU

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Game tips-off at 8:30 p.m. as part of the Fort Myers Tip-Off and will be televised by FS1.

BIG early season game. A win could catapult us forward and keep our heads above water until Kriisa gets back and we know the eligibility status of Battle and others. A loss and it's swimming against the current again.

SMU is no slouch and is better than Monmouth and Jack State.

I'm watching. I think there is a better chance of us going 2-0 or 0-2 than 1-1 during these games.

Reactions: locustwv
Coach E upset on the officials. Called touchy foul there, but allowing it to be very physical on the perimeter on our end. Might be first time I've seen him fired up.

I can only listen tonight, but I like Edwards a lot. Wilson has 7 rebounds lol. Good half of basketball.

Reactions: Euell
SMU physical and dirty with plenty of bodies. They want an ugly war type game. Old school WVU style. WVU just needs to keep their cool and laugh.

Wisconsin likes to play slow. It would be good for WVU.

SMU physical and dirty with plenty of bodies. They want an ugly war type game. Old school WVU style. WVU just needs to keep their cool and laugh.

Wisconsin likes to play slow. It would be good for WVU.
If we don't get this turned around, we will be playing Virginia.

Should I be confident that this coaching staff knows how to get things turned around in the final 8 minutes?

Like I said about 10 days ago, the basketball season was fun while it lasted.

This team stinks. Nothing to see here.

What a mess.

Crazy how the tables have turned
Elementary basketball 101. If you come out of locker room in 2nd half after playing zone almost all of first half and you continue it, the other team is going to pick you to pieces. We needed to switch our defenses up first 5 minutes because SMU had adjusted to our zone. We didn’t. And they destroyed us. I don’t care about only 7 players. They had 20 minutes to rest up. That had little to do with second half.

A horrible display of basketball. Wonder who our new coach will be because this staff ain't it.

Elementary basketball 101. If you come out of locker room in 2nd half after playing zone almost all of first half and you continue it, the other team is going to pick you to pieces. We needed to switch our defenses up first 5 minutes because SMU had adjusted to our zone. We didn’t. And they destroyed us. I don’t care about only 7 players. They had 20 minutes to rest up. That had little to do with second half.
He even called a time out and still stayed in the zone. Not only that the zone didn't even guard the man with the hot hand. He was so wide open he could have missed got the rebound himself and went back to his spot again and try it.

That's how bad a zone they were playing. This is on coaching not a lack of depth.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT