ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball vs. Monmouth

Nah, the drunks in jail are usually bad, malicious people. Regular DUI's dont get much jail time. Huggins is not a bad person at all and who thinks otherwise, are just being over-emotional. This is just the Jerry Spring effect is what it is. People thrive on drama and seeing others lives destroyed these days, prove me wrong. Compassion is gone. Drama, hate and ill-will are in full effect. Its everywhere. Is anyone happy Huggs is sober now, after being an alcoholic for 40+ years?
If you choose to drink WHILE driving along with either being too stupid to recognize your drunkenness at .21 BAL or not caring about it, you are a bad person. Unless you recognize the seriousness of your error and make recompense. Huggins is downplaying this as a "boys will be boys" minor screw up and it is obvious that any effort at recompense is solely for selfish attempt to salvage his coaching contract.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
If you choose to drink WHILE driving along with either being too stupid to recognize your drunkenness at .21 BAL or not caring about it, you are a bad person. Unless you recognize the seriousness of your error and make recompense. Huggins is downplaying this as a "boys will be boys" minor screw up and it is obvious that any effort at recompense is solely for selfish attempt to salvage his coaching contract.
Dude no way I can think that way. A bad person? No man lol. A person with an addiction is more like it. Bob Huggins is not a bad person, and anyone who can think about what all he has done with logic and not emotion knows it. There are a lot of people out there with drinking problems who arent bad people. This line of thinking doesnt jive with me and I will never support it.

You know how bad it was? If the media didnt report it, no one would even know it happened at all. That is how big of an impact Huggins DUI had on the world. Bad person? Pretty fkn dramatic if you ask me lol....

Dude no way I can think that way. A bad person? No man lol. A person with an addiction is more like it. Bob Huggins is not a bad person, and anyone who can think about what all he has done with logic and not emotion knows it. There are a lot of people out there with drinking problems who arent bad people. This line of thinking doesnt jive with me and I will never support it.

You know how bad it was? If the media didnt report it, no one would even know it happened at all. That is how big of an impact Huggins DUI had on the world. Bad person? Pretty fkn dramatic if you ask me lol....
I’m tired of hearing this “addiction” crap as much as I am with the “mental health” bullsh!t. A person, especially an adult, can choose to do or not do whatever they want. Nobody put the thousands of alcoholic drinks in his hands. He chose to live that lifestyle. Just like anyone else who picks up alcohol, tobacco, narcotics, etc. it was a CHOICE. Knowing that for most it leads to dependency at some point. Addiction is just like the mental health thing….an excuse to get out of punishment or blame. Sorry if that offends anyone…..actually, no I’m not.

Last edited:
Just watched the game. Poor individual and team defense. Several players playing too many minutes due to no depth. Unfortunately, that is the state of this team but I believe there will be good moments during the season in addition to egg laying like last night. No need to over react but that is what you people do.

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
there's only seven players....the eighth is just a body to practice against..calling him a project is a complement

there's only seven players....the eighth is just a body to practice against..calling him a project is a complement
I personally think 4 of the 8 are projects. The other 4 are adequate. Slyzinski and Edwards are the only two that are legitimate starters but they also have weaknesses. But these games are going to be invaluable to all of their growth and things will improve. But there will be rough moments and games all year. If you can't stomach that, better you not watch.

some of our shooters wow..you just can't shoot a basketball or play golf with tension in your arms..maybe they look good in practice and tighten up in the games..all of the great shooters have a fluid relaxed stroke..Jerry West, Reggie Miller, Steph Curry etc....Bubba Watson's arms are like wet spaghetti noodles.. he just whips through a golf ball

There was a time in America when a formal apology and a rehab stint would have been enough to keep a high profile job like that. Those were better days....
There was a time when alcoholics who truly wanted to get better went to rehab, AA meetings and admitted they have a problem. Huggins caused this problem with a radio interview and DUI in 3 short months. Now he's just making excuses and blaming others just like he did in his post game interviews.

The difference between a Hall of Fame coach even one who is out of date, is a big difference than what we see here. Wowsa...
Yeah it's called majority of team would not have transferred out if the hall of fame drunk coach had not gotten busted for DUI or kept his mouth shut on the radio.

There will be a lot to learn from tonight’s game film
What I learned was it's going to be a long season and the worst losing season record will be broken. Bob is smiling as he takes another shot and hit's the mark then ask the bartender for another.

Fy2OLnsWIAgWSMV.jpg:large
At least he's walking and not driving.

There was a time when alcoholics who truly wanted to get better went to rehab, AA meetings and admitted they have a problem. Huggins caused this problem with a radio interview and DUI in 3 short months. Now he's just making excuses and blaming others just like he did in his post game interviews.
Huggins finally went to rehab and apparently has quit drinking. Nobody seems happy about that part of course. The radio incident wasn't an incident. He should have never been on any kind of probation for that. It's a problem in our culture, not with Huggins. The DUI is different but this whole idea that he must be fired. They had to fire him there was no choice, is absolute bullshit. There were plenty of options but emotion overtakes logic most of the time now. It is what it is.

Nah, the drunks in jail are usually bad, malicious people. Regular DUI's dont get much jail time. Huggins is not a bad person at all and who thinks otherwise, are just being over-emotional. This is just the Jerry Spring effect is what it is. People thrive on drama and seeing others lives destroyed these days, prove me wrong. Compassion is gone. Drama, hate and ill-will are in full effect. Its everywhere. Is anyone happy Huggs is sober now, after being an alcoholic for 40+ years?
You know he's sober how? Just because he said so? An alcoholic is an alcoholic for life. No such thing as I quit so therefore I am no longer a drunk.

Not being a bad person doesn't mean you are not still a drunk.

You know he's sober how? Just because he said so? An alcoholic is an alcoholic for life. No such thing as I quit so therefore I am no longer a drunk.

Not being a bad person doesn't mean you are not still a drunk.
He said he hasn't had a drink since that day. I have no reason not to believe him. If there is one thing about Huggs, he tells it like it is and is honest. It's part of why he offends so many ppl. It is what it is. If you dont believe him, its your choice. The damage has been done. He messed up but the admin took it to another level it never had to go to, and there is no going back.

Just watched the game. Poor individual and team defense. Several players playing too many minutes due to no depth. Unfortunately, that is the state of this team but I believe there will be good moments during the season in addition to egg laying like last night. No need to over react but that is what you people do.
This team is horrid. They do not play as a team. And thanks to NCAA of not allowing certain players to play it has caused issues with depth and 2 guys who would rarely see the floor are now starting.

That was not egg laying last night that was bullshit. Even with Battle and Kriisa this team is probably only .500

I don't subscribe to the idea of addiction being a disease nor a mental health disorder in the same way as schizophrenia or Bipolar 1 disorder (Bipolar 2 is not a real disease). However even if I did, that does not excuse this. Someone could have a legit medical disorder that causes say seizures which happen at random times. Well if that person chooses to drive even though they have a decent chance of going unresponsive while behind the wheel, then they are a bad person. Not for having the medical condition, but for knowingly allowing that condition to put other people in danger.

You are a bad person if you knowingly do something that has a high chance of harming others and you do not acknowledge the reckless stupidity of that action.

I don't subscribe to the idea of addiction being a disease nor a mental health disorder in the same way as schizophrenia or Bipolar 1 disorder (Bipolar 2 is not a real disease). However even if I did, that does not excuse this. Someone could have a legit medical disorder that causes say seizures which happen at random times. Well if that person chooses to drive even though they have a decent chance of going unresponsive while behind the wheel, then they are a bad person. Not for having the medical condition, but for knowingly allowing that condition to put other people in danger.

You are a bad person if you knowingly do something that has a high chance of harming others and you do not acknowledge the reckless stupidity of that action.
Using this logic it literally blows my mind how many bad people there are out there lol. We are totally screwed as a society. Hang on because we're going to hell lol...

Using this logic it literally blows my mind how many bad people there are out there lol. We are totally screwed as a society. Hang on because we're going to hell lol...
There are plenty of bad people at there. Explain to me why knowingly engaging in an activity with a high chance of killing or permanently disabling another person and then downplaying it as a minor issue does not make you a bad person?

There are plenty of bad people at there. Explain to me why knowingly engaging in an activity with a high chance of killing or permanently disabling another person and then downplaying it as a minor issue does not make you a bad person?
Actually I think High chances stretching it a lot. I think there are a lot more drunk people driving around then some people realize, and most of them are incident free. A totally sober person can also kill someone. But it is what it is. You have your opinion I respect it. I have my opinion, you won't change it. It is what it is. And for the record I don't like drunk drivers. I've seen some stupid stuff

Problems with WVU basketball

#1 No depth
#2 Lack of talent at guard position, two starters that would normally be role players off the bench
#3 lack of experience with coaching staff

Josh Eilert 16 years as assistant coach (no HC experience)

Da'Sean Butler:
served as an assistant coach of the College Park Skyhawks in the NBA G League and as an assistant at Wheeling University. Butler served as an NBA Summer League coach for the Utah Jazz and Boston Celtics. He also served as an NBA G League Elite Camp head and assistant coach.

Alex Ruoff:
1 year as graduate assistant under Huggins 2022-2023 season

Jordan McCabe:
Just finished his college playing days in 2022-2023 season and is now an assistant coach. (he was also on the Huggins team that set the season record for most losses ever by a WVU team. I guess he's going to try and break that record)

DerMarr Johnson:
In May 2021, Johnson returned to his alma mater to serve as the director of player development for the men's basketball program under coach Wes Miller. Midway through the 2022–23 season on January 16, 2023, Johnson was announced as an assistant coach under his former college coach Bob Huggins at West Virginia.

James Dickey (senior advisor):
Dickey has 30 years of Division I coaching experience, including stops at Arkansas, Kentucky, Texas Tech and Houston, as well as Oklahoma State. (Career HC mark of 228–186 (.551) )

This team lacks leadership skills on the floor and off the floor

If this team finishes anywhere near .500 it will be a miracle.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Actually I think High chances stretching it a lot. I think there are a lot more drunk people driving around then some people realize, and most of them are incident free. A totally sober person can also kill someone. But it is what it is. You have your opinion I respect it. I have my opinion, you won't change it. It is what it is. And for the record I don't like drunk drivers. I've seen some stupid stuff
Reads more like you support drinking and driving with excuses included. Perhaps bob should have told the officers "everybody else is doing it".

Reads more like you support drinking and driving with excuses included. Perhaps bob should have told the officers "everybody else is doing it".
It's just a fact. The fact of the matter is, a lot lot of people drive home from the bar on Saturday night incident free. Most of them actually. On Any Given Saturday night in morgantown, the parking lots of those bars are packed. Most of them don't have designated drivers. Most of them make it home incident free it's just a fact. I don't trust drunk drivers but that doesn't nullify fact. The conversation about drunk drivers should include how many drunk drivers there actually are versus how many get caught

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT