ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball vs. Kansas State

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Yes, it's early but it's Senior Day with a lot on the line so I'm opening this for discussion. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. Saturday with the game televised by ESPN+

We match up well with them. However, with Wague out and Okonkwo hurt, what will that do for our depth at the 5 spot?

I think win this game, and we stay a solid 10 seed. Lose this game and we may slide or could be sweating with any potential conference championship upsets.

I don't have a problem with Bell playing I don't think he should play 20+ minutes though. More like 10 to 15. You need someone to help push around bigger dudes no matter if he fouls or not. I see us pressing at times come Sarruday and KSU will not expect it. We won't be able to press the entire game as this team isn't that type.

Four guards and Mitchell or Matthews at the 5. Matthews surprised me with his determination and grit. Where has that been all season?

I don't have a problem with Bell playing I don't think he should play 20+ minutes though. More like 10 to 15. You need someone to help push around bigger dudes no matter if he fouls or not. I see us pressing at times come Sarruday and KSU will not expect it. We won't be able to press the entire game as this team isn't that type.

Four guards and Mitchell or Matthews at the 5. Matthews surprised me with his determination and grit. Where has that been all season?
He did have it early on. Then in the UAB game, he got hurt, and then when he came back, he got in a slump, and WVU was losing. Lot of negativity and easy to fall in a funk.

I like Matthews a lot. I still believe he is/could be the main cog for this team to make a run during tourney time. He's not a guy that will drop 30 points on a team, but he has the talents to score 12-16 points, grab 6-10 rebounds, hand out 5-7 assists, and have a few steals. Basically, he's a stat sheet stuffer.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
We match up well with them. However, with Wague out and Okonkwo hurt, what will that do for our depth at the 5 spot?

I think win this game, and we stay a solid 10 seed. Lose this game and we may slide or could be sweating with any potential conference championship upsets.

But you can't watch as we established yesterday. Rules of sports jinxes says so. Also everyone better be wearing the same underwear until we lose again. NO WASHING!

Reactions: WVUALLEN
need to make this game ugly instead of trying to score with them.

Ticket punched. KSU butt kicked.

Stevenson 27
Johnson 23
Matthews 20

WVU 89 KSwho 81

The three seniors showed up today.

Reactions: locustwv
Great game after slow start. Coliseum was electric! I feel like every blown call went one way today, but I’ll take a W anytime Higgins is involved.

Couldn’t watch today. Sounds like I missed a great one!!! I agree with Stevenson, we are in!!

Big win, Big XII tournament on deck with an opportunity to climb higher. Would love another crack at KU with a chance to catch them sleeping.

With 1:52 left in the game, up 10, with the ball, ESPN+ informs me that my event has ended. WTF? Good luck PAC10 with your streaming media deal. PO'd

With 1:52 left in the game, up 10, with the ball, ESPN+ informs me that my event has ended. WTF? Good luck PAC10 with your streaming media deal. PO'd
I had no issues. Did you pay for the ESPN++ package so you can see the final 2 minutes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT