ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball at Houston

I think it will be a miracle if we win 10 games total this year. I’m thinking we win 1 or 2 more if we are lucky.
I agree. Said we wouldn't win 10 games a while back, then got a little optimistic until today. Now I know where we are at........the bottom of the barrel.

rag tag pickup game mindset on one side. well coached team on the other.

and dammit, they’ve stopped playing hard. that was the one redeeming quality

who’s going to be coach next year? any rumors out there?

rag tag pickup game mindset on one side. well coached team on the other.

and dammit, they’ve stopped playing hard. that was the one redeeming quality

who’s going to be coach next year? any rumors out there?
I think the talent level is another big factor you are leaving out. If Sampson is coaching WVU, we are still getting blown out.

Sure am glad we paid out that wad of cash to our PG.

Don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, but McCabe was a better PG.

The largest margin of defeat in Mountaineer basketball history came in 1978 against Louisville, when the Cardinals beat the Mountaineers 106–60.
Is that margin of defeat in danger of being broken today?

The largest margin of defeat in Mountaineer basketball history came in 1978 against Louisville, when the Cardinals beat the Mountaineers 106–60.
Is that margin of defeat in danger of being broken today?

I think Samson will let up. But that record most definitely will be broken this year.

Team doesn’t know when to help, how to take anything away, who try the shooters are, which side to cheat on… They basically play everything like it’s a pickup game.

Talent is there, coach isn’t

still not fixed
The guy who was supposed to do that drank over a dozen beers while driving and wound up 180 miles from where he thought he was supposed to be. A minor mistake by some folks' standards, but one that got him tossed off the "fix it" detail nonetheless.

Just a weekly reminder that this is a throwaway season. Huggins being fired is saving the world and helping a lot people learn lessons of morality, or something lol. Enjoy the high horse....

Thanks Gee and Asslop!

Last edited:
Just a weekly reminder that this is a throwaway season. Huggins being fired is saving the world and helping a lot people learn lessons of morality, or something lol. Enjoy the high horse....

Thanks Gee and Asslop!
Huggins lost all rights to try and be a power broker of college basketball.

The guy who was supposed to do that drank over a dozen beers while driving and wound up 180 miles from where he thought he was supposed to be. A minor mistake by some folks' standards, but one that got him tossed off the "fix it" detail nonetheless.
Not only that, the DUI was also during a suspension and a contract that was renegotiated and stated he would be gone if he got in any more trouble. He signed it and then didn't hold up his end. Those 'some folks' seem to have forgotten that agreement.

Huggins lost all rights to try and be a power broker of college basketball.
Doesnt matter. The only thing that does, is the moral high ground. Throwaway season, just sit back and enjoy the players while they are here....

Doesnt matter. The only thing that does, is the moral high ground. Throwaway season, just sit back and enjoy the players while they are here....
Really? A guy destroys his reputation as a hall of fame coach, the school that he's coaching and it doesn't matter.

Interesting.

I'll be looking forward to the new staff next season.

If Neal doesn't match or improve on what he did this year then he should be gone as well.

Really? A guy destroys his reputation as a hall of fame coach, the school that he's coaching and it doesn't matter.

Interesting.

I'll be looking forward to the new staff next season.

If Neal doesn't match or improve on what he did this year then he should be gone as well.
He didnt destroy his reputation to everyone. WVU fans are hurt more than anyone else. Lots of people love Huggins and always will because of what he did as a HC, and he is a dying breed in general. Its only going to suck until we find a good coach. Hopefully Baker nails like he did for the womans team.

He didnt destroy his reputation to everyone. WVU fans are hurt more than anyone else. Lots of people love Huggins and always will because of what he did as a HC, and he is a dying breed in general. Its only going to suck until we find a good coach. Hopefully Baker nails like he did for the womans team.
Huggins to Louisville in 2024-25?

Reactions: deedoubleyou

Thanks Gee and Asslop!

Serious question. Do you hold Huggins as less culpable in his firing than WVU admin? Your posts certainly seem that way. It appears to me that not getting smashed to a BAL of over .2 by drinking several beers whiles driving and ending up 180 miles from where you think you are is a small ask. And that small ask is all a 69 year old man had to do to avoid this whole situation.

Serious question. Do you hold Huggins as less culpable in his firing than WVU admin? Your posts certainly seem that way. It appears to me that not getting smashed to a BAL of over .2 by drinking several beers whiles driving and ending up 180 miles from where you think you are is a small ask. And that small ask is all a 69 year old man had to do to avoid this whole situation.
You cant even admit the truth of the real story. Thankfully you're not a judge. Your emotions would not allow you to be a good one. You seem to keep forgetting he went through the justice sytem, and the judge obviously knew he was just joking when he said Columbus. He didnt think he was 150 miles from where he was that was an internet rumor based on a scribbled police report. As far as him getting fired, he didnt fire himself. He was in fact fired by the people who fired him. The idea that they had to is just a personal opinion. They can do whatever they want, which is why there are other staff and faculty working at WVU with DUI's that they got while at WVU. You can sit there and scream 'they had to' right into your screen, but that doesnt make it true. Its just an opinion, and you share the one of Gordon Gee and it is what it is. Why do you keep wanting to beat this dead horse? If they didnt fire him, he would be coaching right now. He will most likely end up coaching somewhere next year. He is in fact a basketball coach and a pretty decent one.

Last edited:
You cant even admit the truth of the real story. Thankfully you're not a judge. Your emotions would not allow you to be a good one. You seem to keep forgetting he went through the justice sytem, and the judge obviously knew he was just joking when he said Columbus. He didnt think he was 150 miles from where he was that was an internet rumor based on a scribbled police report. As far as him getting fired, he didnt fire himself. He was in fact fired by the people who fired him. The idea that they had to is just a personal opinion. They can do whatever they want, which is why there are other staff and faculty working at WVU with DUI's that they got while at WVU. You can sit there and scream 'they had to' right into your screen, but that doesnt make it true. Its just an opinion, and you share the one of Gordon Gee and it is what it is. Why do you keep wanting to beat this dead horse? If they didnt fire him, he would be coaching right now. He will most likely end up coaching somewhere next year. He is in fact a basketball coach and a pretty decent one.
1. Huggins and police admit he said Columbus. You are the one buying Huggins report it was a joke which he said days after the fact. Which is more likely? A guy at .21 BAL who couldn't even pull his car to the side of the road was actually confused about where he was or he couldn't accomplish the most basic task, but was still able to make a joke? You can go with your preferred narrative if you wish.

2. Regardless of point 1, he was still .21 BAL and clearly was drinking while driving.

3. You still do not answer the question. Who is the most responsible for Huggins not being coach anymore? Bob for making a very avoidable mistake that all but the most degenerate people manage to not make daily or those in admin?

1. Huggins and police admit he said Columbus. You are the one buying Huggins report it was a joke which he said days after the fact. Which is more likely? A guy at .21 BAL who couldn't even pull his car to the side of the road was actually confused about where he was or he couldn't accomplish the most basic task, but was still able to make a joke? You can go with your preferred narrative if you wish.

2. Regardless of point 1, he was still .21 BAL and clearly was drinking while driving.

3. You still do not answer the question. Who is the most responsible for Huggins not being coach anymore? Bob for making a very avoidable mistake that all but the most degenerate people manage to not make daily or those in admin?
Seriously why dont you just go read the 100,000 posts about this exact same topic with people posting the exact same garbage. I have answered your question 100 times already in other threads, probably directly to you, responding to almost the exact same post as above lol. What is really the point? If you are burning to know the answer to that question, go read my post history.

The thing is, he's fired. You should be happy about that. He got what he deserved in your mind, so you win. I personally may not have fired him, and if I did it wouldn't have been at 3am before his court date was even set and the ink was drying on his police report. But God forbid, I have forgiveness in my heart and mind -oh wait. God wants us to have that, nevermind, bad point. "But disgruntled WVU fan forbid" that I like to forgive, and may have actually let him keep his job provided he cleaned up his act. I know that wouldve ruffled your feathers, but I can live with that. The thing is, it didnt happen. WVU nation gets to live through your way. Its awesome too, yay. Everyone wants to be the face when an authoritarian cuts his nose off to spite his face. Its fun being the face.

Last edited:
You seem to forget Huggins was on probation and instructed to not cause anymore problems or embarrassments to the University. Even signed a contract he would do so. Plus a million dollar cut in salary.

You seem to forget Huggins was on probation and instructed to not cause anymore problems or embarrassments to the University. Even signed a contract he would do so. Plus a million dollar cut in salary.
I dont forget that. I just dont care. How about lets give this topic a rest....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT