ADVERTISEMENT

Well, I like the Dana/WVU direction

Oklahoma finished the season ranked higher than Ohio State in both polls. Point, set and match. Pay attention, you seem to miss a lot of points when they don't agree with your anti-Holgorsen or anti-B12 agenda.
Ohio state stomped Oklahoma in norman point set and match and head to head is what matters. Oklahoma didn't beat one elite team all year.

Ohio state stomped Oklahoma in norman point set and match and head to head is what matters. Oklahoma didn't beat one elite team all year.
Yet finished ranked higher. You stated I have never stated a point. I am pointing out a fact that I stated and you are giving us your opinion. So you lied when you said my next point would be my first. Are you sure you got a degree. Based on your posts it is hard to believe you even have a GED.

Dana has gone from 4-8 in 2013 to 7-6 in 2014 to 8-5 in 2015 to 10-3 in 2016.

I don’t see how anyone can say that Dana and WVU are not going in the right direction. Unless you want to be mean about it.

So, how about 11-2 or 12-1 for 2017? I can live with that. Gloriously.
I agree FALLS. I've liked Dana since his hire. Those that didn't were the Old guard who wanted everything status quo. I am surprise with Shane. I thought that he'd come in here and want to screw everything up like most new ADs do when hired. But I am a real fan of his now and the fact that he has given DANA a new contract even makes it better. I think we are on the right direction just like you say.

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels
Spooky should be coaching and not hanging on the mmb bashing a Div 1 coach. spooky is all about the X's and O'and his talent is being wasted away here. I'm sure his coaching resume proves that you only win wth D.

Reactions: WVinUSAF
Spooky should be coaching and not hanging on the mmb bashing a Div 1 coach. spooky is all about the X's and O'and his talent is being wasted away here. I'm sure his coaching resume proves that you only win wth D.
Well for a school that has had 16 players drafted in the NFL since big 12 membership. Wvu is 2nd to only Oklahoma in this category then it would be really easy to make the argument that talent is being wasted here considering wvu hasn't finished any higher than 3rd in conference play.

Yet finished ranked higher. You stated I have never stated a point. I am pointing out a fact that I stated and you are giving us your opinion. So you lied when you said my next point would be my first. Are you sure you got a degree. Based on your posts it is hard to believe you even have a GED.
I have made more points then you have. Head to head is the best metric and Ohio State curb stomped Oklahoma in Norman which is a fact. Ohio state beat 3 teams that finished in the top ten which is another fact. Oklahoma didn't beat 1 top ten team which is a fact. Oklahoma couldn't beat an AAC team that didn't win its conference which is a fact. The same so called experts who rated Oklahoma better than Ohio state also ranked wvu over a Miami team that curbed stomped wvu in a bowl. Its obvious these so called experts don't pay that much attention and that is a fact.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
So what you're saying is that was the biggest win for Ohio State and one of the main reasons Ohio State got a playoff invite.

Beating a great team.

Not sure you exactly understand how to take a shot at people.
No, that's not what I was saying. My point was that Ohio State should've been chosen over Oklahoma, the Big 12 undefeated (in conference play) Champion, because the Buckeyes crushed the Sooners in Norman (and, had a better record at the time, too, by the way). You missed the point. I was responding to those in the black helicopter old gold and blue crowd, who have convinced themselves that a conspiracy favoring name-brand schools would block WVU from the Playoffs, unless WVU were to go undefeated, which is pure nonsense.

It's a team game. Our vaunted defense still gave up 30+ points to BYU.

Defense is not always about points given up. It's about stops in key situations. It's about holding teams to less opportunities of scoring and or getting 1st downs.

Reactions: GoWVU
I have made more points then you have. Head to head is the best metric and Ohio State curb stomped Oklahoma in Norman which is a fact. Ohio state beat 3 teams that finished in the top ten which is another fact. Oklahoma didn't beat 1 top ten team which is a fact. Oklahoma couldn't beat an AAC team that didn't win its conference which is a fact. The same so called experts who rated Oklahoma better than Ohio state also ranked wvu over a Miami team that curbed stomped wvu in a bowl. Its obvious these so called experts don't pay that much attention and that is a fact.
No that is your opinion. GED in 79 maybe.

No that is your opinion. GED in 79 maybe.
Everyone who votes in top 25 polls are stating an opinion but its pretty obvious they don't pay much attention considering they voted for an Oklahoma team that didn't beat one top 10 team over a team that beat 3 including Oklahoma. I doubt these so called experts put much consideration when they voted for wvu over a team that curb stomped them in a bowl. I know this is critical thinking which is way above your head. When it comes to GED's maybe you should get one yourself. In your case it would be a start. We all know the only degree you have is the one you found at the bottom of that cracker jack box.

Everyone who votes in top 25 polls are stating an opinion but its pretty obvious they don't pay much attention considering they voted for an Oklahoma team that didn't beat one top 10 team over a team that beat 3 including Oklahoma. I doubt these so called experts put much consideration when they voted for wvu over a team that curb stomped them in a bowl. I know this is critical thinking which is way above your head. When it comes to GED's maybe you should get one yourself. In your case it would be a start. We all know the only degree you have is the one you found at the bottom of that cracker jack box.
So by your logic Pitt should be ahead of Penn State and Clemson. I could state a dozen of similar examples but it is called body of work. It may require some critical thinking on your part to understand how this works. Oh snap another point.

There are a lot of schools that have more players drafted in the NFL than wvu, if that is your measuring stick. Pitt puts more kids in the NFL than wvu, how have they done since say 2000? Tennessee, ucla, Nebraska, Arkansas, a&m all put more in the NFL than wvu, how have they done the last 10 years? I guess those schools need to shut it down or get a new coach, that will solve everything.

Well for a school that has had 16 players drafted in the NFL since big 12 membership. Wvu is 2nd to only Oklahoma in this category then it would be really easy to make the argument that talent is being wasted here considering wvu hasn't finished any higher than 3rd in conference play.

So by your logic Pitt should be ahead of Penn State and Clemson. I could state a dozen of similar examples but it is called body of work. It may require some critical thinking on your part to understand how this works. Oh snap another point.
Still5, since you drink good beer like myself, I'm going to help you out here, and give you a friendly tip. Spooky is posting at a much higher level of intellect than you're capable of competing against. It would serve you well to just sit and read, and avoid commenting.

Reactions: Spookycat2002
I think we can all agree that Tony Gibson played a major role in WVU's W-L records. Since he's back, and Dana, too, then that bodes well for my alma mater. Right?

Still5, since you drink good beer like myself, I'm going to help you out here, and give you a friendly tip. Spooky is posting at a much higher level of intellect than you're capable of competing against. It would serve you well to just sit and read, and avoid commenting.
Well he is not on par with the likes of you and we all know how you stack up on the intellect meter. Headed to pick my yeast up for Burning Can tonight. Looks like I will be brewing my big hoppy amber for this years compitition. A saison yeast, two English ale yeasts and an American ale yeast were our choices this year.

Well he is not on par with the likes of you and we all know how you stack up on the intellect meter. Headed to pick my yeast up for Burning Can tonight. Looks like I will be brewing my big hoppy amber for this years compitition. A saison yeast, two English ale yeasts and an American ale yeast were our choices this year.
Yum.... Yeasty Boyz Amber? No charge for that one.

You don't like the fact that Tony's Gibson's defense was the real reason for the teams success. Your messiah's offense was ranked 18th in total yards but was 50th in points scored. That is a pathetic yards to points ratio. Gibson is the true brains of this operation.
No I love the fact that Gibson has the defense playing well enough. However, don't act like it is a top notch defense.

I am also smart enough to know that it takes a complete team effort to win ball games.

You don't like the fact that Tony's Gibson's defense was the real reason for the teams success. Your messiah's offense was ranked 18th in total yards but was 50th in points scored. That is a pathetic yards to points ratio. Gibson is the true brains of this operation.
77th in total defense

77th in total defense

Statistics don't show all the times the offense gave away the ball on the wrong side of the field and the defense either prevented a score or held the other team to a field goal despite being in the red zone. Those who saw every WVU game, like me, saw that. The offense put the defense in a hole time after time and, with 3 and outs, back on the field without sufficient rest. This doesn't show up in rankings and stats sheets. An offense with long, time-consuming drives make it easier on the defense. Tony's marauders didn't have that luxury. That made what the defense did even more remarkable. You have to look at the total picture, play by play, game by game. Looking at stats on a sheet of paper don't come close to revealing the full story. Tony saved Dana's butt time after time. But they do need each other. A better offense would make Tony's defense even better. If Grier is as good as we hope for, then the defense will look much better even on paper in the statistics. YetButHeads refuse to see that.

Statistics don't show all the times the offense gave away the ball on the wrong side of the field and the defense either prevented a score or held the other team to a field goal despite being in the red zone. Those who saw every WVU game, like me, saw that. The offense put the defense in a hole time after time and, with 3 and outs, back on the field without sufficient rest. This doesn't show up in rankings and stats sheets. An offense with long, time-consuming drives make it easier on the defense. Tony's marauders didn't have that luxury. That made what the defense did even more remarkable. You have to look at the total picture, play by play, game by game. Looking at stats on a sheet of paper don't come close to revealing the full story. Tony saved Dana's butt time after time. But they do need each other. A better offense would make Tony's defense even better. If Grier is as good as we hope for, then the defense will look much better even on paper in the statistics. YetButHeads refuse to see that.
I am not arguing that the defense did not play well. My point is that it takes both sides of the ball to win the game.

Reactions: hbeacheer
Tony Gibson is developing into a outstanding Defensive Coordinator.

Dana Holgrosen is developing into a very good Head Coach. People just don't keep things in perspective concerning Holgrosen. Remember, this is his first head coaching job. Don Nehlen endorses Holgrosen, this actually matters within the "good 'ol boy" circle at WVU. Holgrosen has keep together a very solid coaching staff with very little turn over throughout his tenure. Holgrosen has demonstrated he can be very loyal even to the point where it can be a negative (e.g. Not liquidating DeForest soon enough). That level of loyalty is on par with Don Nehlen and not a Rich Rod level. Dana Holgrosen adjusts his offense to fit the talent he has available instead of forcing the athlete to change to fit the scheme. The overall recruiting is very good with many student-athletes developing into NFL prospects. The football program is clean with no major NCAA violations or criminal elements hovering over it. Graduation rates are at or above average. The walk-on program is as healthy as it has ever been.

Of course there are some issues as with any Head Coach. A few games where the play calling was questionable. There has been some game management problems. The quarterback recruiting debacle. But all these issues are solvable and Holgrosen has made strides to address theses problems. IMO

The only thing that as a Mountaineer fan I find hard to let go is the loss to Kansas. As bad as that was it will never match Rich Rods betrayal or the loss to Pitt that cost The Mountaineers a chance at the NCAA championship game.

77th in total defense
77th in total defense but 36th is points allowed. That is better than a 2:1 ratio on the positive side. Contrast that with 16th in total yards gained and 50th in points scored. That is a 3:1 ratio on the negative side. that is highly inefficient. So much for this so called offensive genius. Fluffer Holgorsens offense was highly inefficient and it has been for the majority of the time he's been here. If it were not for Tony Gibson's defense this team would have been 6-6. Gibson's defense continually had to clean up the offense mess.

There are a lot of schools that have more players drafted in the NFL than wvu, if that is your measuring stick. Pitt puts more kids in the NFL than wvu, how have they done since say 2000? Tennessee, ucla, Nebraska, Arkansas, a&m all put more in the NFL than wvu, how have they done the last 10 years? I guess those schools need to shut it down or get a new coach, that will solve everything.
The schools you mentioned also play in far superior conferences. We have put more than twice as many players into the nfl as okie state but they have been competing for the conference championship more than we have.

So its called Body of work? Ok lets take a look at Oklahoma body of work in comparison to Ohio state's. Oklahoma beat 3 ranked teams just like Ohio state did. Oklahoma didn't beat 1 team that finished ranked in the top 10. Ohio state beat 3 teams that finished ranked in the top 10. Oklahoma lost 2 games One loss was to an unranked scrub from the AAC and other was at home to Ohio state. Ohio state lost 2 games 1 was to Penn State another was to Clemson both of these teams finished in the top 10. Ohio state didn't lose one game at home unlike Oklahoma. So tell me based on these known facts what is better about Oklahoma,s body of work? Maybe you should use better critical thinking yourself when making statements about body of work. Take the advice of other posters you're not posting at a high level of intellect.

So its called Body of work? Ok lets take a look at Oklahoma body of work in comparison to Ohio state's. Oklahoma beat 3 ranked teams just like Ohio state did. Oklahoma didn't beat 1 team that finished ranked in the top 10. Ohio state beat 3 teams that finished ranked in the top 10. Oklahoma lost 2 games One loss was to an unranked scrub from the AAC and other was at home to Ohio state. Ohio state lost 2 games 1 was to Penn State another was to Clemson both of these teams finished in the top 10. Ohio state didn't lose one game at home unlike Oklahoma. So tell me based on these known facts what is better about Oklahoma,s body of work? Maybe you should use better critical thinking yourself when making statements about body of work. Take the advice of other posters you're not posting at a high level of intellect.
Excellent post. To answer the question you asked of Still5, regarding OU's body of work, if you don't mind, allow me to answer it for my friend, Still5. Oklahoma was better, because he saw where an expert said they were. Expert = Computer Nerd attempting to know something about football. Here's a pic of Still5's expert:

imag05501.jpg

You really don't want to compare intellects based on the overall quality of your posts. The whole Fluffier act makes you look like a low intelligence poster. That said the above post is a well articulated opinion backed up by facts. Congratulations, I did not think you had it in you. However, the discussion is not about my opinion but that of the talking heads, football coaches and AP writers that voted OU ahead of Ohio State based on how they both finished the season, body of work and the eye test. Their inability to score a single point against a team that let Pittsburg score 43 points and V-Tech 35 points weight heavy in the voters opinions. That terrible (your opinion) Auburn team scored 13 points in a 6 point loss to Clemson. Keep in mind that the Big 10 laid an egg in their bowls games going 3-7. Based on how both played at the end of the season, I would agree with the pollsters.

Last edited:
Excellent post. To answer the question you asked of Still5, regarding OU's body of work, if you don't mind, allow me to answer it for my friend, Still5. Oklahoma was better, because he saw where an expert said they were. Expert = Computer Nerd attempting to know something about football. Here's a pic of Still5's expert:

imag05501.jpg
Perhaps you should show a picture of 60 AP writers 60 College football Coaches who voted OU above the Buckeyes. How is that whole new flagship thing working out for this year?

Last edited:
You really don't want to compare intellects based on the overall quality of your posts. The whole Fluffier act makes you look like a low intelligence poster. That said the above post is a well articulated opinion backed up by facts. Congratulations, I did not think you had it in you. However, the discussion is not about my opinion but that of the talking heads, football coaches and AP writers that voted OU ahead of Ohio State based on how they both finished the season, body of work and the eye test. Their inability to score a single point against a team that let Pittsburg score 43 points and V-Tech 35 points weight heavy in the voters opinions. That terrible (your opinion) Auburn team scored 13 points in a 6 point loss to Clemson. Keep in mind that the Big 10 laid an egg in their bowls games going 3-7. Based on how both played at the end of the season, I would agree with the pollsters.
Yet, the horrible B1G had a winning record vs. the Big 12 in both football and basketball this season. Sorry to keep erecting fact barriers to your fairy tale. Carry on...

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Please, far superior. Keep telling yourself that. Better at the top with a bama, osu or USC sure. Throw in the unbalanced schedules of those conferences and the big 12 conference schedule is just as difficult as 95% of power 5 teams. I don't expect you to understand this, or that this staff can take mainly 3 star recruits with a few 4 stars and develop them into NFL draft picks. That's solid coaching.

The schools you mentioned also play in far superior conferences. We have put more than twice as many players into the nfl as okie state but they have been competing for the conference championship more than we have.

We aren't on the board of a non rival making ourselves look stupid the way you are. Congrats on beating Oklahoma, that puts you on even footing with Houston but doesn't change the fact that you $hit the bed in the playoffs.

I'm a big OSU fan but I do have to admit they humiliated themselves in front of the entire nation in the Clemson game. What a mortifying loss!

6-6 and a fill in game at a yet to be named bowl game somewhere in the desert.
I never predict W-L records because it's do pointless, particularly with the opener months away. But it does help us get to the Virginia Tech opener. I can't wait to see Grier in action against the Hokies. After all, he IS undefeated in college football quarterbacking.

When you mentioned body of work you didn't look all that bright with that comment.

I was referring to tOSU as an example of a "cachet" team that didn't win their conference championship yet got a spot in the playoff. But now that you mention it, 31-0 proves your point.

Typical low IQ post!!! I've got no skin in the game. I watched OSU humiliate Oklahoma. Then Oklahoma runs the table in the Big12. I'm thinking the Clemson team that beat OSU 31-0 would have smacked WVU 62-14. Why don't you try explaining away Ohio State walking into Norman and the Butt hurt they left behind. Oops ya can't.

Oklahoma finished the season ranked higher than Ohio State in both polls. Point, set and match. Pay attention, you seem to miss a lot of points when they don't agree with your anti-Holgorsen or anti-B12 agenda.

Ohio State making Norman their whore house ring a bell to ya?

FYI it's game, set and match retard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT