ADVERTISEMENT

Well, I like the Dana/WVU direction

And yet OSU butt hurt OU. Boom!!! Point, game, set, match, title, thank my parents, have a drink!!!!!
Try to keep up Greg. We are talking about the end of the season and how the teams finished. It really is not difficult. OU finished 4th.

I'm a big OSU fan but I do have to admit they humiliated themselves in front of the entire nation in the Clemson game. What a mortifying loss!
Epic failure post. If you're a big Ohio State fan, then I'm Urban Meyer. If getting blown out by the ACC Champion and eventual National Champion in the CFP was "mortifying" to you, then you must have stuck a loaded gun to your head after having watched the fifth best ACC team take your real favorite school behind the woodshed in a December mid-week meaningless bowl game.

You think with all the talent and top 5 recruiting classes they have they could at least be competitive against Clemson. To throw up a donut is bad.

I'm a big OSU fan but I do have to admit they humiliated themselves in front of the entire nation in the Clemson game. What a mortifying loss!

Ohio State 45, Big 12 Undefeated Champion Oklahoma 24 (in Norman)
Oklahoma 56, WVU 28 (in Morgantown)

The End.

almost.........
Pitt 28 Miami 51
Pitt 43 Clemson 42
Clemson 31 Osu donut

You didn't watch the Pitt/Miami game obviously. Game was very competitive going into the 4th quarter. Some turnovers and a couple of interference penalties turn the game upside down in second half.

Yes they did. Can't argue with that. Just my opinion.
The computers strongly disagree, as Ohio State finished ranked higher than Oklahoma in Massey, Sagarin, RPI, etc. The computers don't overreact to a bad loss to the eventual National Champion like many humans do.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Typical low IQ post!!! I've got no skin in the game. I watched OSU humiliate Oklahoma. Then Oklahoma runs the table in the Big12. I'm thinking the Clemson team that beat OSU 31-0 would have smacked WVU 62-14. Why don't you try explaining away Ohio State walking into Norman and the Butt hurt they left behind. Oops ya can't.

All the tap-dancing and pretzel-like twisting in the world can't change this fact: The THIRD place team in the Big 10 got into the national playoffs that had only 4 teams. That's so absurd. I said it when it was announced. I repeated it when Ohio State laid a goose-egg in the playoffs, which was no surprise to me. Why bother playing the season if the committee is just going to put in the schools they want, regardless of whether the school finished THIRD in its own conference? Why not just pick the 3rd place team in the SEC over Alabama, the 3rd place team in the ACC over Clemson? Idiotic decision. Eggs on their entire body over that one, playoff committee.

You posted virtually the same thing about Ohio State after the 2014 season, and were humiliated by the Buckeyes. Even a broken clock is right twice per day.

All the tap-dancing and pretzel-like twisting in the world can't change this fact: The THIRD place team in the Big 10 got into the national playoffs that had only 4 teams. That's so absurd. I said it when it was announced. I repeated it when Ohio State laid a goose-egg in the playoffs, which was no surprise to me. Why bother playing the season if the committee is just going to put in the schools they want, regardless of whether the school finished THIRD in its own conference? Why not just pick the 3rd place team in the SEC over Alabama, the 3rd place team in the ACC over Clemson? Idiotic decision. Eggs on their entire body over that one, playoff committee.

Either Michigan or OSU was best team in Big Ten. OSU beat Michigan. Then Oklahoma had a run through the Big 12 that put them back into consideration. The PAC12 top team had no chance for playoff but of course beat Penn State so why would it be outrageous that the Committee chose an OSU that whacked Oklahoma in Norman? I mean Michigan and Pitt proved Penn State wasn't a top 4 team. That 2 loss team would never get in and shouldn't. Third place teams in SEC and ACC getting playoff spot is silly talk.

Ohio State getting in was the obvious choice.

Either Michigan or OSU was best team in Big Ten. OSU beat Michigan. Then Oklahoma had a run through the Big 12 that put them back into consideration. The PAC12 top team had no chance for playoff but of course beat Penn State so why would it be outrageous that the Committee chose an OSU that whacked Oklahoma in Norman? I mean Michigan and Pitt proved Penn State wasn't a top 4 team. That 2 loss team would never get in and shouldn't. Third place teams in SEC and ACC getting playoff spot is silly talk.

Ohio State getting in was the obvious choice.
The "obvious" choice (NOT!) didn't even score in the national playoffs! Think about that one. 3rd place team got into 4-team national playoffs. No one but Ohio State Kool-Aid drinker thinks that makes sense.

Reactions: hbeacheer
Cuyohoga continues to post the same lie about Ohio State being a "3rd place team." No real sportswriter/reporter would continue to perpetuate this lie. Ohio State tied for FIRST PLACE in the B1G's Eastern Division. No Urban Meyer coached Ohio State team has ever finished in third place. This is the FACT that Cuyohoga wants everybody to ignore: Ohio State crushed Oklahoma, the Big 12's undefeated (in conference play) Champion, the same Sooners team that boat raced WVU in Morgantown.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
The "obvious" choice (NOT!) didn't even score in the national playoffs! Think about that one. 3rd place team got into 4-team national playoffs. No one but Ohio State Kool-Aid drinker thinks that makes sense.

Who should have gotten into playoff if OSU didn't get in?

There is no future in the past and it's never 'over'. The teams keep playing again every year and previous years have nothing to do with upcoming results. Some seemingly promising teams will disappoint and others will surprise.

The only thing that remains constant is your heart pounding and the butterflies in your stomach right before kick-off to start another season or even just the next game. Also there is the sh!t eating grin you can't get rid of when your team wins and the gloomy pissed off attitude you get when they lose.

Such is the life of college football fans across the country. Reading this thread on this board alone it's hard to believe some folks call it a game. College football is not just a game, it's a freakin' obsession. They call us 'fans' but we all know the word is short for fanatics! Ain't nothin' wrong with that.

The problem is that a school like WVU has to go undefeated and win their conference, which also has to be having a "good year", to be in the mix. Otherwise an 11-1 tOSU, without a conference championship gets one of the 4 slots for the NC just like last year.
That's exactly right.

The current system is rigged in favor of marquee programs that drive TV ratings.

The media is loaded with Herbstreit types who, down deep, believe in superiority of the traditional powers.

Until the playoff system guarantees a berth to the Big 12 champion, don't hold your breath.

Penn State, the Big 10 champ, for one, was more qualified, and beat 3rd place Ohio State. The Nittany Lions would not have been shut out in the national playoffs game.

LOL at a Dumbasss!!! Penn State got beat by Pitt and then took a humiliating beating by Michigan. That is two losses pal. Name a playoff team or BCS team that has had two losses and played for the National Title? Then name the second team that did? You are now arguing that a team that lost 3 games should have played for the National Title. So of course Ohio State was their signature win. Let's say OSU didn't puke on themselves in the 4th quarter and the Committee didn't see that. What other wins did Penn State have that makes a good argument that the Pitt and Michigan games should have been ignored? Or was it all about beating Wisconsin when it was obvious that Ohio State and Michigan was probably the true Big Ten Title game. The Committee and most would say Ohio State was the best Big Ten team with Michigan #2.

LOL at a Dumbasss!!! Penn State got beat by Pitt and then took a humiliating beating by Michigan. That is two losses pal. Name a playoff team or BCS team that has had two losses and played for the National Title? Then name the second team that did? You are now arguing that a team that lost 3 games should have played for the National Title. So of course Ohio State was their signature win. Let's say OSU didn't puke on themselves in the 4th quarter and the Committee didn't see that. What other wins did Penn State have that makes a good argument that the Pitt and Michigan games should have been ignored? Or was it all about beating Wisconsin when it was obvious that Ohio State and Michigan was probably the true Big Ten Title game. The Committee and most would say Ohio State was the best Big Ten team with Michigan #2.
LSU and they beat an undefeated Ohio State team. Perhaps you of all people should not call others dumb Greg.

LSU and they beat an undefeated Ohio State team. Perhaps you of all people should not call others dumb Greg.

So Penn State would beat that LSU team last year? Enter dumbasss #2. Welcome and can't wait for future retard post from you. Name the second team please.

Last edited:

I can't wait any longer!!! Can't resist! So the LSU team that won the SEC and then the National Title is in the same discussion with a Penn State team that lost to Pitt and got blasted by Michigan? Yooz a dummy.

LOL at the guy that actually looked it up!!! Figures it's you!!!

So Penn State would beat that LSU team last year? Enter dumbasss #2. Welcome and can't wait for future retard post from you. Name the second team please.
You said name a team with two losses who played for a national championship. I did just that and I am a dumbass. You just need to crawl back under the bridge before you embarrass yourself any more. But thanks for the laughs and once again removing all doubt. I am still laughing at how bad you look on that one.

Reactions: CAK125
I can't wait any longer!!! Can't resist! So the LSU team that won the SEC and then the National Title is in the same discussion with a Penn State team that lost to Pitt and got blasted by Michigan? Yooz a dummy.

LOL at the guy that actually looked it up!!! Figures it's you!!!
You must really be embarrassed by that blunder. LOL really that is up there. No where did I compare LSU and Penn State but I would try to deflect if I was as foolish as you. I did not have to look it up. Even grade school kids know that one. Thanks for playing the fool once again Greg. You pull it off with such ease.

Reactions: CAK125
You must really be embarrassed by that blunder. LOL really that is up there. No where did I compare LSU and Penn State but I would try to deflect if I was as foolish as you. I did not have to look it up. Even grade school kids know that one. Thanks for playing the fool once again Greg. You pull it off with such ease.

Get an avatar please

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT