ADVERTISEMENT

Well, I like the Dana/WVU direction

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Dana has gone from 4-8 in 2013 to 7-6 in 2014 to 8-5 in 2015 to 10-3 in 2016.

I don’t see how anyone can say that Dana and WVU are not going in the right direction. Unless you want to be mean about it.

So, how about 11-2 or 12-1 for 2017? I can live with that. Gloriously.

How about 14-1 and National Champs.

p8fbo8HonapMs.gif

Good point. Ohio State never should have been invited to the Playoffs instead of Oklahoma after last season. It wasn't as if the Buckeyes went into Norman and blasted a team that went 9-0 in the Big 12...oh, wait....

Good point. Ohio State never should have been invited to the Playoffs instead of Oklahoma after last season. It wasn't as if the Buckeyes went into Norman and blasted a team that went 9-0 in the Big 12...oh, wait....

Clemson proved that Ahia State did not deserve a playoff spot. Nine first downs and the only team in the entire bowl season to not score a single point.......seems that the crowning achievement in the Buckeye season was that win over Oklahoma. Thanks for the kudos.

I was referring to tOSU as an example of a "cachet" team that didn't win their conference championship yet got a spot in the playoff. But now that you mention it, 31-0 proves your point.
Using your idiotic Monday morning quarterback "logic," WVU never should have been invited to either the Fiesta Bowl vs. Notre Dame or the Sugar Bowl vs. Florida. That's dumb.

Last edited:
Clemson proved that Ahia State did not deserve a playoff spot. Nine first downs and the only team in the entire bowl season to not score a single point.......seems that the crowning achievement in the Buckeye season was that win over Oklahoma. Thanks for the kudos.
I wouldn't exactly be dissing Ohio State they put a 1st class beat down on Oklahoma in Norman but in retrospect I guess its not that big of a deal considering the majority of big 12 teams get their a$$ handed to them in Out of conference play. Houston didn't win the AAC last year but had no trouble with Oklahoma. The Big 12 champ finally won its Bowl game after a 5 year Hiatus but it beat an Auburn team that finished 8-5 to accomplish that feat. Clap Clap Clap.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
The blowout win over No. 3 Oklahoma was the highlight of the season, other than the win over arch-rival No. 10 Michigan, of course. The road win over No. 9 Wisconsin was solid, too. So, which of WVU wins over unranked opponents was WVU's "crowning achievement?"

Reactions: Spookycat2002

I don’t see how anyone can say that Dana and WVU are not going in the right direction. Unless you want to be mean about it.

It was Tony Gibson's defense that won the majority of those games and if this team played in any other conference it would have been 7-5. The days of 7-5 will return this year.

The blowout win over No. 3 Oklahoma was the highlight of the season, other than the win over arch-rival No. 10 Michigan, of course. The road win over No. 9 Wisconsin was solid, too. So, which of WVU wins over unranked opponents was WVU's "crowning achievement?"

We aren't on the board of a non rival making ourselves look stupid the way you are. Congrats on beating Oklahoma, that puts you on even footing with Houston but doesn't change the fact that you $hit the bed in the playoffs.

Speaking of making one's self look stupid, how did WVU do in its bowl game vs. unranked (at the time) Miami? Even footing with Houston? What does getting boat raced in the snow by 28 points at home to a team that lost to Houston make you? I'll wait for your answer.

Using your idiotic Monday morning quarterback "logic," WVU never should have been invited to either the Fiesta Bowl vs. Notre Dame or the Sugar Bowl vs. Florida. That's dumb.
Apparently "logic" is not taught at tOSU. 25 to 30 year old bowl games have nothing to do with the current state of affairs with the CFP in place. You fail to comprehend the original analogy of the CFP being focused on cachet names rather than solely on performance.
As such, I contend that WVU would have to be undefeated and a conference champion along with the conference overall having a good season as well to be considered rather than riding the skirt hem of name recognition.
Maybe comprehension is just your issue...?

You see a lot of coaching carousels these days in the College Coaching Profession. I had my doubts about DH when he first came in, but I am getting more comfortable with the program under his reign. Keeping the coach in place over many years helps build confidence in recruits when the staff talks with them. Getting into the Big 12 has definitely helped in recruiting (IMO), but DH is starting to show the recent recruiting classes that his program can put players into the NFL. Therefore, I agree with you about DH and the program's direction...

Apparently "logic" is not taught at tOSU. 25 to 30 year old bowl games have nothing to do with the current state of affairs with the CFP in place. You fail to comprehend the original analogy of the CFP being focused on cachet names rather than solely on performance.
As such, I contend that WVU would have to be undefeated and a conference champion along with the conference overall having a good season as well to be considered rather than riding the skirt hem of name recognition.
Maybe comprehension is just your issue...?
I contend that your argument is conspiracy-theory based nonsense. Ohio State also was 11-1 in 2015, but not invited to the Playoffs after that season, notwithstanding its "cachet name." The Buckeyes finished the season ranked No. 4 in both major polls in January 2016, and, according to the after-the-fact nonsense spewed by you and another poster, Ohio State should have been invited to the CFP, as it subsequently proved that it was one of the best four teams in America in 2015. Ohio State didn't change its name after the 2015 season. It was invited to the CFP after the 2016 season because, along with its 11-1 record, it had beaten more Top 10 opponents than anybody else, in addition to having crushed Oklahoma, which had fallen to No. 14, due to the Sooners' previous loss to Houston. Ohio State's inclusion in the CFP was justified by its resume, a fact that nullifies your theory. When WVU has a resume worthy of an invitation, then it will be invited to the CFP, and even a one-loss WVU team with a great resume would be invited, especially after a season like 2016, in which precious few Power 5 schools had no more than one loss.

I have seen a lot of talking heads saying Oklahoma was a better team at the end of the year than Ohio State. Based on the eye test, there is little doubt about that. Somehow the B12 was 4-2 in the bowl games against out of conference opponents yet "got their asses handed to them " in OC games.

As to OP's point, I would expand it the athletic department. Seems like all of our programs are on the upswing.

I have seen a lot of talking heads saying Oklahoma was a better team at the end of the year than Ohio State. Based on the eye test, there is little doubt about that. Somehow the B12 was 4-2 in the bowl games against out of conference opponents yet "got their asses handed to them " in OC games.

As to OP's point, I would expand it the athletic department. Seems like all of our programs are on the upswing.
Oklahoma was a fraud and beat absolutely nobody. Oklahoma would have been 8-4 at best in most of the other Power 5 conferences. Ohio state would have beaten Oklahoma at the end of the season just as easily as they did at the beginning. Ohio state will crush Oklahoma again but this time it will be in Columbus. If Ohio State played Oklahoma's schedule they would have been 12-0 with an average margin of victory of 30 points. Clemson would have beaten Oklahoma by 30 points easily just like they curb stomped them in 2015 and 2014. Stop the nonsense you big 12 homer.

Oklahoma was a fraud and beat absolutely nobody. Oklahoma would have been 8-4 at best in most of the other Power 5 conferences. Ohio state would have beaten Oklahoma at the end of the season just as easily as they did at the beginning. Ohio state will crush Oklahoma again but this time it will be in Columbus. If Ohio State played Oklahoma's schedule they would have been 12-0 with an average margin of victory of 30 points. Clemson would have beaten Oklahoma by 30 points easily just like they curb stomped them in 2015 and 2014. Stop the nonsense you big 12 homer.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. No one here would guess that is what you believe. I was passing on what I have heard many talking heads say. Obviously, you believe your opinion has more merit than the AP pollsters who are paid to write about college football and the college coaches who voted OU above the buckeyes. Thanks for playing.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
It was Tony Gibson's defense that won the majority of those games and if this team played in any other conference it would have been 7-5. The days of 7-5 will return this year.
How many points did the defense score last season?

Thanks for sharing your opinion. No one here would guess that is what you believe. I was passing on what I have heard many talking heads say. Obviously, you believe your opinion has more merit than the AP pollsters who are paid to write about college football and the college coaches who voted OU above the buckeyes. Thanks for playing.
LOL at what the "talking heads" say. There is absolutely no need to consult the "talking heads" about hypothetical scenarios when the two teams played on the field, and Ohio State crushed Oklahoma in Norman. Oklahoma's defense was horrid for most of the season, as you witnessed during its game in Morgantown. The Sooners made Justin Crawford look like Emmitt Smith.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer

I'd like to see things from your point of view but I could never get my head that far up my ass.

So what you're saying is that was the biggest win for Ohio State and one of the main reasons Ohio State got a playoff invite.

Beating a great team.

Not sure you exactly understand how to take a shot at people.

The best part about that epic failure is Colorado liking it because he thought it showed in some way how bad Oklahoma was!
[roll]

The best part about that epic failure is Colorado liking it because he thought it showed in some way how bad Oklahoma was!
[roll]
Well when Ohio state played Oklahoma all they did was make them look bad. Not sure what game you were watching. Another stupid post from you like usual.

So what you're saying is that was the biggest win for Ohio State and one of the main reasons Ohio State got a playoff invite.

Beating a great team.

Not sure if Oklahoma was Ohio states biggest win it sure was one of their easiest wins.

Beating a great team.

Ohio State did finish behind OU in both polls. Someone of note must think OU was better than them at the end of the season.

The trolls are feasting on this one. I'm sure you knew that going in though CFE. Mission accomplished

I'd like to see things from your point of view but I could never get my head that far up my ass.
I wouldn't expect a big 12 homer like you to understand. I live in reality you live in Big 12 homer fantasy land. The big 12's reputation is such a joke that even fans in the MAC are having fantasy's about Oklahoma joining. When it comes to having your head up your a$$ you don't have to worry about trying. for you it is a congenital birth defect.

http://www.hustlebelt.com/2017/5/12...-12-and-joining-the-mac-could-it-happen-texas

How many points did the defense score last season?
If it were not for Tony Gibson defense this team would have lost to Byu, K state, Texas, and Baylor. It was Tony Gibson's defense that saved the day with and interception in the end zone against Byu. It was Tony Gibson's defense that forced K state into a long field goal which was missed. It was Tony Gibson's Defense that saved the day at Texas. Fluffer Holgorsen's offense was atrocious that day against a weak Texas defense. The same could be said for Baylor. Tony Gibson's defense gave us 10 wins if we had to rely on Fluffer Holgorsen's offense we would have been 6-6 at best.

Beating a great team.

Ohio State did finish behind OU in both polls. Someone of note must think OU was better than them at the end of the season.

Who cares what the talking heads say there is no better metric than head to head competition. Ohio State easily beat Oklahoma. Ohio State went 3-1 against teams that finished in the top 10. Oklahoma didn't beat 1 top ten team and only beat 3 ranked teams. 2 that finished lower ranked.There best win was against okie state but okie state got bitch slapped at home by central Michigan. They beat wvu but wvu didn't beat any ranked teams and for a matter of fact wvu hasn't beat a ranked team in almost 3 years. You can tell the world how the talking heads took notice of Oklahoma at the end of the season but these are the same Talking heads who ranked wvu over Miami in the final ap poll. Obviously these people you quote don't pay that much attention but its not like these so called experts pay attention to second rate bowl games like the Russell athletic bowl.

If it were not for Tony Gibson defense this team would have lost to Byu, K state, Texas, and Baylor. It was Tony Gibson's defense that saved the day with and interception in the end zone against Byu. It was Tony Gibson's defense that forced K state into a long field goal which was missed. It was Tony Gibson's Defense that saved the day at Texas. Fluffer Holgorsen's offense was atrocious that day against a weak Texas defense. The same could be said for Baylor. Tony Gibson's defense gave us 10 wins if we had to rely on Fluffer Holgorsen's offense we would have been 6-6 at best.
Wrong it takes a team effort to win a game.

You would think that a 60 year old would be able to state his point without calling our coach names. Don't think you will last long under that handle but I am sure you have been banned under other names as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: lenny4wvu
Wrong it takes a team effort to win a game.
Well that would mean its takes a team coaching effort as well. The play of Tony Gibson's defense was more instrumental in the success of the 2016 season then was Fluffer Holgorsen's inefficient offense.

You would think that a 60 year old would be able to state his point without calling our coach names. Don't think you will last long under that handle but I am sure you have been banned under other names as well.
At least I state points. If you stated a point it would be a first. When it comes to calling names you are one of the kings around here in that department.

Well that would mean its takes a team coaching effort as well. The play of Tony Gibson's defense was more instrumental in the success of the 2016 season then was Fluffer Holgorsen's inefficient offense.
Again wrong, how many points did the defense score?

Again wrong, how many points did the defense score?
You don't like the fact that Tony's Gibson's defense was the real reason for the teams success. Your messiah's offense was ranked 18th in total yards but was 50th in points scored. That is a pathetic yards to points ratio. Gibson is the true brains of this operation.

At least I state points. If you stated a point it would be a first. When it comes to calling names you are one of the kings around here in that department.
Oklahoma finished the season ranked higher than Ohio State in both polls. Point, set and match. Pay attention, you seem to miss a lot of points when they don't agree with your anti-Holgorsen or anti-B12 agenda.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT