ADVERTISEMENT

Tyson Bagent form Shepherd and state player of the year.

Blackledge couldn’t hold Hosteler’s jock. Period.

And why don’t one of you other geniuses explain to me why a 6’3” QB who’s runs a 4.7 40 and is the West Virginia Player of the Year was NOT getting interest from schools.

You simply say they weren’t interested. But in today’s world of mobile QBs that makes NO sense.

Please tell me what the hell was/is wrong with him??? There has to be something not right.

Does he only have one arm, one leg, one eye??? What is it???

And why don’t one of you other geniuses explain to me why a 6’3” QB who’s runs a 4.7 40 and is the West Virginia Player of the Year was NOT getting interest from schools.

You simply say they weren’t interested. But in today’s world of mobile QBs that makes NO sense.

Please tell me what the hell was/is wrong with him??? There has to be something not right.

My opinion, Tyson's dad shocked everyone by holding his cards close to his vest knowing he had zero problems with Tyson ending up at Shepherd. I do think the family had hoped for something from WVU and a walkon spot as a linebacker was a slap in the face to many(I think WVU was shocked by not taking the walk on). So at the end of the day my feeling is it was WVU or Shepherd all along. Several D1 schools wanted him to go to prep school and at that point I think his recruitment blows up, but again the family was ok with Shepherd. I know several D-1AA schools offered.

At the end of the day I think Doc Holliday is one the that screwed up the most but the word around Martinsburg football is Doc and the head coach at Martinsburg don't get along over an oline recruit a number of years ago.

I think if Neal was the coach he would have got that PWO as a QB but it didn't happen everyone will just wait see how it turns out

Never seen the kid play. Some D2 QBs slip through the cracks but not many.

Can't say if he is a legit FCS or even FBS QB.

But he isn't better than Allison. Allison has NFL potential if he puts it together.
Not a very experienced QB for his age. Has all the talent but his experience hasn't created enough football IQ to make a difference.

Dana brought him in because he is what you look for in a QB
Allison is now transferring. I wonder if he goes D2 and can he put up 3,000 yards in a season? Its not easy

Last edited:

Joe Paterno played Blackledge over Hoss and won a National Title. Period.

My understanding is he received no FBS offers. So I guess you should present your question to every single major D1 football program in America, not just WVU.

Joe Paterno played Blackledge over Hoss and won a National Title. Period.

My understanding is he received no FBS offers. So I guess you should present your question to every single major D1 football program in America, not just WVU.
Kids get missed all the time and this "he had no other offers" saying does not mean he cant play at a high level but just may mean he got looked over.

Kids get missed all the time and this "he had no other offers" saying does not mean he cant play at a high level but just may mean he got looked over.

What it means is not a single FBS school in the nation thought he was worth a scholarship.

What it means is not a single FBS school in the nation thought he was worth a scholarship.
and it happens all the time...University of Charleston had a kid drafted last season. All it means is a kid fell in between the cracks. It happens

Allison is now transferring. I wonder if he goes D2 and can he put up 3,000 yards in a season? Its not easy

Never seen him play. Don't know enough about that offense.

Dana brought in Allison because he has an arm. Could make throws most QBs can't but Allison didn't play enough QB and was raw.
Miami had big plans for him but their OLine has been horrible and needed a QB with mobility.

Allison fit what Dana wants to do. He is trying to attack you at all levels.
Dana's blueprint along with Jake Spavital could generate an offense but at what cost.

and he was terrible, any offers he got were because of Dana's buds helping him out

North Texas and ??? I can’t remember. I’ve stood next to Logan, he’s not athletically impressive and certainly not the winner Bagent is.

Logan throws a good deep ball from what I have seen.

What does this have to do with WVU?

It wasn't like Dana tried to get his coach on the team here

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT