ADVERTISEMENT

Tyson Bagent form Shepherd and state player of the year.

When you look at his recruiting page this is what it says under college list:

There are no interests

So that means out of 130 schools in D1 FBS, NOT ONE had any interest in this player, yet some want to bash WVUs former coach for also not tossing him an offer at QB?

Let it go.
We are talking a walkon offer. Not a full ride! The reason it comes up is Tyson better then Allison(could Allison be a top D2 football in passing yards per game?? Its all up for debate for now.

We are talking a walkon offer. Not a full ride! The reason it comes up is Tyson better then Allison(could Allison be a top D2 football in passing yards per game?? Its all up for debate for now.

Tyson is NOT better than Allison. What would make anyone believe that nonsense?

Jack Allison from the Gazette when he moved from Miami to WVU:

"Allison was deemed a four-star recruit by Rivals, Scout and 247Sports. He was rated No. 68 in ESPN’s ranking of the top 300 overall prospects, and 247Sports ranked Allison No. 8 among all quarterbacks. A 6-foot-5, 200-pounder from Parrish, Florida, he chose the Hurricanes over scholarship offers from Alabama, Baylor, Florida, Florida State, Tennessee and others."

Tyson Bagent?

0 stars, 0 national rankings and 0 offers from any FBS school

Glad the kid is doing well at D2 Shepard, but to claim WVUs former coach made a mistake or that he is better than any QB at WVU is simply nonsense and wishful thinking.

Tyson is NOT better than Allison. What would make anyone believe that nonsense?

Jack Allison from the Gazette when he moved from Miami to WVU:

"Allison was deemed a four-star recruit by Rivals, Scout and 247Sports. He was rated No. 68 in ESPN’s ranking of the top 300 overall prospects, and 247Sports ranked Allison No. 8 among all quarterbacks. A 6-foot-5, 200-pounder from Parrish, Florida, he chose the Hurricanes over scholarship offers from Alabama, Baylor, Florida, Florida State, Tennessee and others."

Tyson Bagent?

0 stars, 0 national rankings and 0 offers from any FBS school
Like I have said, We will find out in a few years. Tyson will get his shot at the pros.

Will Allison?

Reactions: 5150
Like I have said, We will find out in a few years. Tyson will get his shot at the pros

I don't know that he will get any shot at the pros at all.

Such perceptions--that winning at a small D2 school against D2 competition equates to playing Texas, Oklahoma and all the programs at the top of major college football that West Virginia Universities football team has to face, explains alot about the misguided hatred of WVUs previous coach.

People are not in touch with reality. Its a different level of football, requiring different levels of skills to compete. WVU is not going to be competitive very often just using players that played h.s. ball in WV generally against a lower level of competition than the players recruited to the school are facing in h.s. Its a completely different level.

I don't know that he will get any shot at the pros at all.

Such perceptions--that winning at a small D2 school against D2 competition equates to playing Texas, Oklahoma and all the programs at the top of major college football that West Virginia Universities football team has to face, explains alot about the misguided hatred of WVUs previous coach.

People are not in touch with reality. Its a different level of football, requiring different levels of skills to compete. WVU is not going to be competitive very often just using players that played h.s. ball in WV generally against a lower level of competition than the players recruited to the school are facing in h.s. Its a completely different level.
If you have read in this thread Shepherd has a pro day and the NFL guys were asking about him last year. I was there. I saw it and he will get his shot.

If you have read in this thread Shepherd has a pro day and the NFL guys were asking about him last year. I was there. I saw it and he will get his shot.

Doubt it but if he does it has absolutely nothing to do with any staff at WVU, and it certainly wasn't a mistake on anyone's part.

WVU has limited time and resources to recruit and can seldom just take a chance on someone that has 0 ranking interest at the national level because he happened to play in the state. No coach would have tossed a scholarship that way. No coach did toss a walk on offer at QB his way.

We see what happens with even top 30 classes of players and WVU due to the incredible competition they must face, and some want to berate a coach because he didn't risk his program on a completely unheralded player that hasn't competed one down in major college athletics?

Last edited:
Doubt it but if he does it has absolutely nothing to do with any staff at WVU, and it certainly wasn't a mistake on anyone's part.

WVU has limited time and resources to recruit and can seldom just take a chance on someone that has 0 ranking interest at the national level because he happened to play in the state. No coach would have tossed a scholarship that way.

We see what happens with even top 30 classes of players and WVU due to the incredible competition they must face, and some want to berate a coach because he didn't risk his program on a completely unheralded player that hasn't competed one down in major college athletics?
Have you read this thread, I didn't say offer him a scholarship? I said offer him a walkon slot as a QB

WVU has limited time and resources to recruit and can seldom just take a chance on someone that has 0 ranking interest at the national level because he happened to play in the state. No coach would have tossed a scholarship that way.

Buck, the kid is good and he is already on the radar of the NFL guys.

Have you read this thread, I didn't say offer him a scholarship? I said offer him a walkon slot as a QB

Again 0 D1 interest, 0 D1 offers. You like the kid, that's great.

No coach in all of major college football liked him that much, but some people have said he was given a walk on offer at WVU. They evaluated him and didn't feel he warranted an offer at QB. So they didn't offer him at QB and neither did 130 other schools, most of whom have to play a much less challenging schedule than does WVU.

What exactly do you not understand about this? Just because you personally think he is great doesn't mean he is, doesn't mean you know better than all the people making judgements about QBs at 130 institutions including WVU.

Buck, the kid is good and he is already on the radar of the NFL guys.

Great. I don't believe NFL scouts are drooling over him like you do, but wonderful if he ever actually gets a tryout shot. Doubt it, but you never know.

He was not and is not P5, BIG 12 good, and he is not regarded by anyone as better than the QBs at WVU now.

Two completely separate things. Everything in the world that happens doesn't need to involve your misguided hatred of WVUs former coach.

Great. I don't believe NFL scouts are drooling over him like you do, but wonderful if he ever actually gets a tryout shot. Doubt it, but you never know.

He was not and is not P5, BIG 12 good, and he is not regarded by anyone as better than the QBs at WVU now.

Two completely separate things. Everything in the world that happens doesn't need to involve your misguided hatred of WVUs former coach.
Dana offered his son a walkon slot as a QB, and I didn't say the NFL scouts are drooling. I just said he will get his shot and it will be interesting

Again 0 D1 interest, 0 D1 offers. You like the kid, that's great.

No coach in all of major college football liked him that much, but some people have said he was given a walk on offer at WVU. They evaluated him and didn't feel he warranted an offer at QB. So they didn't offer him at QB and neither did 130 other schools, most of whom have to play a much less challenging schedule than does WVU.

What exactly do you not understand about this? Just because you personally think he is great doesn't mean he is, doesn't mean you know better than all the people making judgements about QBs at 130 institutions including WVU.
I have already mentioned in this thread. I spoke to a Mountain East coach that used to be in the Sun Belt and he said last year Tyson would have started for at least half of those schools last year. He slipped in between the cracks

I have already mentioned in this thread. I spoke to a Mountain East coach that used to be in the Sun Belt and he said last year Tyson would have started for at least half of those schools last year. He slipped in between the cracks

A coach that has moved DOWN from the sunbelt into the Mountain East thinks he could have started at some sunbelt schools.

WVU is not a sunbelt school and that coach you are saying said something, isn't even coaching at the sunbelt level.

AND the bigger picture, not ONE sunbelt school offered him, despite what some Mountain East coach told you he thought.

Again, reality, and perception of reality. Some coach you talked to with an opinion doesn't mean the previous staff of WVU made some horrible mistake as you want to state matter of factly when its just a baseless opinion out of nowhere.

Facts show the kid had no interest on the national stage.

A coach that has moved DOWN from the sunbelt into the Mountain East thinks he could have started at some sunbelt schools.

WVU is not a sunbelt school and that coach you are saying said something, isn't even coaching at the sunbelt level.

AND the bigger picture, not ONE sunbelt school offered him, despite what some Mountain East coach told you he thought.

Again, reality, and perception of reality. Some coach you talked to with an opinion doesn't mean the previous staff of WVU made some horrible mistake as you want to state matter of factly when its just a baseless opinion out of nowhere.

Facts show the kid had no interest on the national stage.
and Im not saying should have been offered a scholarship but he should have been at least offered a walkon slot as a QB

Costs zero money. He offered his son a slot and Tyson is years ahead of him playing the position

When your starting a someone at QB like Allison I think offering a kids like Tyson would have been smart

and Im not saying should have been offered a scholarship but he should have been at least offered a walkon slot as a QB

Costs zero money. He offered his son a slot and Tyson is years ahead of him playing the position

When your starting a someone at QB like Allison I think offering a kids like Tyson would have been smart
Has I stated early in this thread I spoke to someone close to the recruiting guys in the program they wished they had handled it differently.

Has I stated early in this thread I spoke to someone close to the recruiting guys in the program they wished they had handled it differently.

Yeah, a friend of a guy who knew some people said that someone thought.....

So that means WVUs former coach is a jerk idiot failure....... got it.

In the REAL world what you think you know amounts to a pile of $.......t

Costs WVU money. Travel money. Food money. Equipment money.

Takes coaches away from players likely to play.

Maybe takes away a roster spot from someone with better cache coming in.

Takes away coaches working with players that were going to play and recruiting.

Its just not the way things work in the real world. Not one coaching staff in ALL of major college football was willing to give this guy a roster spot.

Your evaluations and the former coaches are not on the same plane.

Yeah, a friend of a guy who knew some people said that someone thought.....

So that means WVUs former coach is a jerk idiot failure....... got it.

In the REAL world what you think you know amounts to a pile of $.......t
yep pretty much when he left with Allison as a QB

Costs WVU money. Travel money. Food money. Equipment money.

Takes coaches away from players likely to play.

Maybe takes away a roster spot from someone with better cache coming in.

Takes away coaches working with players that were going to play and recruiting.

Its just not the way things work in the real world. Not one coaching staff in ALL of major college football was willing to give this guy a roster spot.

Your evaluations and the former coaches are not on the same plane.
look, im done debating the issue

We all will find out in three years if he can play or not

He had a very average career at Morgantown and University. the best he ever did was second team all state

They look at the total package on a QB.
He received FBS scholarship offers.

This is proof.
Your claims are based on unsubstantiated statements made by people.
Including that NFL scouts were interested in a D2 freshman QB.
I already showed you one D2 QB who ended up on a NFL practice squad roster last year but Luis Perez was the best QB at that level and led his school to a NC.
He wasn't even good enough for the NFL and is now playing in the XFL

This is proof.
I already showed you one D2 QB who ended up on a NFL practice squad roster last year but Luis Perez was the best QB at that level and led his school to a NC.
We will see

;)

This is proof.
You guys do realize the last senior QB at Shepherd ended up in the Redskins training camp. Now playing arena ball. It is possible

And Hostetler has a Super Bowl ring Douche.

Paterno made the wrong call.

How?

He won a national championship with Blackledge.

Its the best possible outcome imaginable.

Blackledge was a 7th Overall pick in NFL draft. Hoss went late 3rd round.

Its awesome Hoss got a super bowl ring, but implying Paterno screwed up by keeping Blackledge over Hoss is ridiculously silly. Blackledge was a Top 10 pick and lead PSU to a National Title.

Hoss had a nice pro career but that isn't meaningful in this debate.

Last edited:
No.

Its just an invalid point.
what is invalid about Shepherd having a kid in the Redskins camp? Shepherd also had Billie Bean and Tre Sullivan make the Eagles, Shanell Jenkins on the Seahawks , and Howard Jones with Tampa Bay in 2017. I think this was the year Sheherd had more guys in the NFL then Marshall.

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2017/6/29/football-former-rams-battling-in-the-nfl.aspx

In 2018 4 additional players signed contracts or got invited to mini camps which led to training camp.

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2018/5/1/football-four-former-rams-get-nfl-shot.aspx

what is invalid about Shepherd having a kid in the Redskins camp? Shepherd also had Billie Bean and Tre Sullivan make the Eagles, Shanell Jenkins on the Seahawks , and Howard Jones with Tampa Bay in 2017. I think this was the year Sheherd had more guys in the NFL then Marshall.

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2017/6/29/football-former-rams-battling-in-the-nfl.aspx

In 2018 4 additional players signed contracts or got invited to mini camps which led to training camp.

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2018/5/1/football-four-former-rams-get-nfl-shot.aspx

All this is meaningless.

His arm strength. Ability to make all the throws with zip.

This was why he was a highly regarded recruit out of HS. Everyone saw the potential.

But playing QB is more than just the arm and these other areas Allison lacks. But Allison can be developed into a QB at the FBS level.

Just because someone puts up numbers at the D2 level doesn't mean they could play at the FBS level
Never seen him play so I have no idea but since FBS and FCS schools passed on him I will have to say that he cannot until I actually see him.
He may or may not be a D1 QB but offered as a linebacker which is joke. Instate kid that lite it the heck up in high school and you could not tell he was a linebacker or QB(and he never played linebacker). If he stays healthy Tyson will throw for almost 15,000 yards with around a 70% completion rate and get a real shot in the NFL. So get your popcorn and wait about three years because we will all find out if he can play in the on sundays.

Omg this reeks of a wvpride304 post. Welcome back UDER

@WVUALLEN

Yes. I know the Bagent situation very well. Many of his coaches recommended him to go small school. Expect Malakai Brown to join him. He’s doing well but this doesn’t translate to D1 success. There is a huge talent gap
What coaches were recommending him to go small school?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT