ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's tariff move shows he flunked economics

Even today Trump is crying like a little girl about mean ol' BO.
What was he talking about? BO ignoring the Russians giving Bill and Hilliary 150 million and him getting some of the kickback?

1380595359_The%20Wire%20-%20Bunk%20Moreland%20Shaking%20Head.gif
That’s not a post you’re allowed to “Bunk” or LOL me. There were some legit points in there.

That’s not a post you’re allowed to “Bunk” or LOL me. There were some legit points in there.
Agree to disagree. You seem to have bought in to this Trump is a super genius nonsense. He's been for tariffs for years. It is who he is. His base MAGAers are for it.

And now you trot his trade "deals" from his Asia trip. How many of those are binding agreements? He's a master at PR. I'm sure they will spin the inevitable pull back as a trade win.

Agree to disagree. You seem to have bought in to this Trump is a super genius nonsense. He's been for tariffs for years. It is who he is. His base MAGAers are for it.

And now you trot his trade "deals" from his Asia trip. How many of those are binding agreements? He's a master at PR. I'm sure they will spin the inevitable pull back as a trade win.
How did we win when BO gave the 1.5 billion to Iran? How did we win on Fast an Furious? Ask the border agent's widow about that one. How did we win when BO told the Russian ambassador to tell Putin he's have more leeway after the elections?

How did we win when BO gave the 1.5 billion to Iran? How did we win on Fast an Furious? Ask the border agent's widow about that one. How did we win when BO told the Russian ambassador to tell Putin he's have more leeway after the elections?
Who is arguing about BO? Your obsession seems unhealthy. BO is not threatening tariffs, right now.

Asia is a win until it isn’t, feel free to LOL me if it shits the bed. NATO was a win.

I haven’t bought into him being a super genius but I also don’t think he and his staff are bumbling idiots like you do. There are points we can both make to support each of those, but at the end of the day, we’re doing well as a nation on the economic, jobs, and defense side.

You people suck at history and economics. Tariffs work, American history proves it. "Free Trade" only exists in the minds of the deluded, so you have to do what you can to ensure "fair trade".

Asia is a win until it isn’t, feel free to LOL me if it shits the bed. NATO was a win.

I haven’t bought into him being a super genius but I also don’t think he and his staff are bumbling idiots like you do. There are points we can both make to support each of those, but at the end of the day, we’re doing well as a nation on the economic, jobs, and defense side.
I did say agree to disagree, instead of just telling you I was right. But NEVER forbid my usage of Bunk, Hitler.

The economy is going well. Minus a hiccup here and there, it generally has done well in the post WWII, free trade era. Logies I get a little antsy when a powerful man-child with a public history of misleading trade rants lashes out against free trade instead of seeing it as some wizardly 4d chess move. We shall see what happens

I did say agree to disagree, instead of just telling you I was right. But NEVER forbid my usage of Bunk, Hitler.

The economy is going well. Minus a hiccup here and there, it generally has done well in the post WWII, free trade era. Logies I get a little antsy when a powerful man-child with a public history of misleading trade rants lashes out against free trade instead of seeing it as some wizardly 4d chess move. We shall see what happens
I don’t like being Bunk’d. Arguably one of my favorite all time characters in a show. Just feels wrong to have him used against me.

Now about those pesky, Jews and what to do about them...

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
And yet it thrived under him. Odd.
Nope, it did not thrive and you are ignoring the slow growth, limited hours and lost wages. Ignoring the uptick on police assassinations directly in response to his attitude to police.

Nope, it did not thrive and you are ignoring the slow growth, limited hours and lost wages. Ignoring the uptick on police assassinations directly in response to his attitude to police.
Keyword is growth. We had sustained growth, higher employment, higher earnings, higher wages, etc, etc. Nearly every conceivable measure improved under him. Not saying it was gangbusters or that it couldn't have been better, but you look ridiculous with your nonsense.

Last edited:
Try to keep up, BO was the first Anti American president I know about in my lifetime.

This is ridiculous. How exactly was BO anti-American? He wasn't. This is a major problem in this country, namely people can't criticize others views or actions without simultaneously demonizing them as people.

This is ridiculous. How exactly was BO anti-American? He wasn't. This is a major problem in this country, namely people can't criticize others views or actions without simultaneously demonizing them as people.
I’ll attempt it.

The belief and view of his prioritizing minority cultures, beliefs, religions, and politics over that of established majority and predominantly Christian values based ideals, attacked what a majority of Americans consider the identify and fabric of our nation. Hence, trying to fundamentally change us, it by definition would be anti-American. I’m almost certain he was quoted as saying he was going to fundamentally transform us, but I’m not looking it up. Fvcker is gone and thankfully I don’t have to think about him anymore beyond using him as a tool to fvck with librulz.

Reactions: Airport
lol I guess you don't know much. He broke you.
He never broke me and trump isn't going to break you. The fact that we can debate is more than many countries in the world have.

This is ridiculous. How exactly was BO anti-American? He wasn't. This is a major problem in this country, namely people can't criticize others views or actions without simultanewously demonizing them as people.
Police acted stupidly, this led to police assassinations. Wife said his election was the first time she was proud and if you think they aren't the same in their beliefs, I have a bridge in Arizona I will sell you. He apologized to everyone he could bow to. Said we didn't pay our fair share. I personally liked him as far as his demeanor, but hated his politics.

Keyword is growth. We had sustained growth, higher employment, higher earnings, higher wages, etc, etc. Nearly every conceivable measure improved under him. Not saying it was gangbusters or that it couldn't have been better, but you look ridiculous with your nonsense.
Going from 0 to 1 is growth. It is more a testament of our entrepreneurs that we continued to grow in spite of the negative weight put on them.

Police acted stupidly, this led to police assassinations. Wife said his election was the first time she was proud and if you think they aren't the same in their beliefs, I have a bridge in Arizona I will sell you. He apologized to everyone he could bow to. Said we didn't pay our fair share. I personally liked him as far as his demeanor, but hated his politics.
I have a hard time saying negative things about black people when they criticize our country because I've never been a black person in America, have you? I don't think that white Americans can truly understand the experience that black people have in our country and her experience is probably better than most black peoples'. Her comments might not have been politically correct but I respect her right to make them. Then of course you smear him with your views on her remarks. [eyeroll] Your track record in this area precedes you.

I have a hard time saying negative things about black people when they criticize our country because I've never been a black person in America, have you? I don't think that white Americans can truly understand the experience that black people have in our country and her experience is probably better than most black peoples'. Her comments might not have been politically correct but I respect her right to make them. Then of course you smear him with your views on her remarks. [eyeroll] Your track record in this area precedes you.
How are black people treated in Africa in other "black" countries? Far worse than they are treated here. A lot of liberals seem to think that the conditions for "blacks" are so much better elsewhere. The facts do not bear that out.She became a lawyer because of affirmative action, her own words. She and her husband are very rich and have been treated very well. She, like OJ, are not black people who have been treated unfairly.

How are black people treated in Africa in other "black" countries? Far worse than they are treated here. A lot of liberals seem to think that the conditions for "blacks" are so much better elsewhere. The facts do not bear that out.She became a lawyer because of affirmative action, her own words. She and her husband are very rich and have been treated very well. She, like OJ, are not black people who have been treated unfairly.
How do you know what she has experienced in her life? Of course you don't have any idea what she has experienced. How do you know how black people are treated in other predominantly countries? Have you spend a lot of time visiting countries in Africa? spent time with African families there? Were your ancestors held as slaves in America? You are very judgmental towards those who you have no idea how they have been treated in their lives.

How do you know what she has experienced in her life? Of course you don't have any idea what she has experienced. How do you know how black people are treated in other predominantly countries? Have you spend a lot of time visiting countries in Africa? spent time with African families there? Were your ancestors held as slaves in America? You are very judgmental towards those who you have no idea how they have been treated in their lives.
How she is treated today is far different than how slaves were treated. She is highly educated, thanks to affirmative action, again her own words. Shew should be proud that the US changed it's behavior toward blacks that allowed her and her husband to obtain the highest office in the land. I guess you only watch news channels that don't show what is going on in Africa. By the way, blacks are still sold into slavery over there #bringbackourgirls, #pathetic.

How she is treated today is far different than how slaves were treated. She is highly educated, thanks to affirmative action, again her own words. Shew should be proud that the US changed it's behavior toward blacks that allowed her and her husband to obtain the highest office in the land. I guess you only watch news channels that don't show what is going on in Africa. By the way, blacks are still sold into slavery over there #bringbackourgirls, #pathetic.
Again, you know nothing of the African American experience unless you have experienced it for yourself and you haven't and neither have I so I don't know why you continue with this. She's highly educated because she studied hard and applied herself though Affirmative Action gave her the opportunity if you are to be believed and I say so what to that. If I want information regarding the black experience in any country, you would be the last one I'd inquire with. You've demonstrated to me that you know nothing of it. How could you know the put downs and discrimination that American blacks have experienced as they grew up and in their adult lives? Read the linked article and you might better understand her remarks that she made before the 2008 primary about voter turnout.

Michelle Obama's 'Proud' Remarks
http://www.newsweek.com/michelle-obamas-proud-remarks-83559

Though she came from a black working-class neighborhood in Chicago, she writes that "my experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my 'blackness' than ever before. I have found that at Princeton no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my White professors and classmates try to be towards me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don't belong. Regardless of the circumstances under which I interact with Whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be Black first and a student second." She further suggests that even if she assimilates into white society after Princeton, she will "remain on the periphery of society: never becoming a full participant."

Again, you know nothing of the African American experience unless you have experienced it for yourself and you haven't and neither have I so I don't know why you continue with this. She's highly educated because she studied hard and applied herself though Affirmative Action gave her the opportunity if you are to be believed and I say so what to that. If I want information regarding the black experience in any country, you would be the last one I'd inquire with. You've demonstrated to me that you know nothing of it. How could you know the put downs and discrimination that American blacks have experienced as they grew up and in their adult lives? Read the linked article and you might better understand her remarks that she made before the 2008 primary about voter turnout.

Michelle Obama's 'Proud' Remarks
http://www.newsweek.com/michelle-obamas-proud-remarks-83559

Though she came from a black working-class neighborhood in Chicago, she writes that "my experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my 'blackness' than ever before. I have found that at Princeton no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my White professors and classmates try to be towards me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don't belong. Regardless of the circumstances under which I interact with Whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be Black first and a student second." She further suggests that even if she assimilates into white society after Princeton, she will "remain on the periphery of society: never becoming a full participant."
Maybe she should have gone to college at the University of Niger. I will say this, whites prefer the company of other whites and blacks prefer the company of other blacks. That's not racist, it's a fact. Coming from McDowell, I was given a hard time about my accent and the way I said a lot of words. Didn't stop me from achieving and her blackness didn't stop her. she is part of the United States of the Offended. Plenty of blacks were treated poorly and discriminated against, not her.

I’m of the belief the tariffs don’t come to fruition and he’s using them as a bargaining chip. No one wins in a trade war. It’s like MAD, but if Trump is showing his willingness to do it, it’ll likely strengthen his position on his ultimate strategy.

This is where we depart obvi. You don’t think he has one, I actually do. I think Brushy might be on target with this as a mere decoy in NAFTA negotiations. Goes back to Art of the Deal, this is his guiding playbook. He’s successfully implemented the strategy a couple of different times on various items and the credit is given to his “advisors (Rex/Mattis) thankfully winning the argument”. NATO defense commitments is a big one to point to off the top of my head. The wall, DACA, and immigration reform will be another. Ditto with gun control.

I disagree with your premise that he is wreaking havoc on trade. The fvcker secured almost a $trillion dollar trade deal with China on his Asia trip. IMO, he isn’t doing that bad of a job. If he actually enacts the tariffs, then you can shove that back in my face, but I almost guarantee it’s a feint for his ultimate goal. I’m just not sure yet what it is but I suspect NAFTA and possibly some trade deals with the EU and/or bilateral deal on the heals of Brexit.

Reuters: Germany to increase defense spending
Link

Reuters: Germany to increase defense spending
Link
They promised more under Obama:

Merkel told representatives from her Christian Democratic Union's youth organizations that Germany would be increasing its military spending to 2 percent of GDP, in line with an agreement that NATO states reached in 2014. The country currently spends around 1.2 percent of GDP on the Bundeswehr.

"In the 21st century, we won't be getting as much help as we got in the 20th," Merkel said. "We need to greatly increase the Bundeswehr budget to get from 1.2 to 2 percent."

To meet that target, Germany's defense spending would have to rise to some 60 billion euros ($65.8 billion). The current planned military budget for the year 2020 is 39.2 billion euros.

Merkel cited pressure from US president Barack Obama.

They promised more under Obama:

Merkel told representatives from her Christian Democratic Union's youth organizations that Germany would be increasing its military spending to 2 percent of GDP, in line with an agreement that NATO states reached in 2014. The country currently spends around 1.2 percent of GDP on the Bundeswehr.

"In the 21st century, we won't be getting as much help as we got in the 20th," Merkel said. "We need to greatly increase the Bundeswehr budget to get from 1.2 to 2 percent."

To meet that target, Germany's defense spending would have to rise to some 60 billion euros ($65.8 billion). The current planned military budget for the year 2020 is 39.2 billion euros.

Merkel cited pressure from US president Barack Obama.

That included payouts in the form of foreign aid. This is military spending.

Why would China, Mexico and Canada agree to anything? The US just made themselves noncompetitive globally in steel and steel reliant industries. on the backs of the American consumer. I think they'll wait it out.

LMAO!

Why would China, Mexico and Canada agree to anything? The US just made themselves noncompetitive globally in steel and steel reliant industries. on the backs of the American consumer. I think they'll wait it out.

Or both Mexico and Canada could agree to a new deal with the US.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT