ADVERTISEMENT

"He'll never leave": Why Trump's dynasty, built on corruption and violence, won't end with him

moe

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Fayetteville, WV
True dat. Preach it sister.

"He'll never leave": Why Trump's dynasty, built on corruption and violence, won't end with him

No, you’re not being hyperbolic if you say MAGA is a fascist movement. You're just being accurate. That was one of the biggest points made by NYU historian Ruth Ben-Ghiat, author of the book "Strongmen: Mussolini to the Present," during our recent "Salon Talks" conversation.

Ben-Ghiat explained that Donald Trump is leading a “right-wing counterrevolution against the loss of white male privilege,” aimed at taking America back to the time when women, nonwhite people and non-Christians “knew their place.”

But what truly defines MAGA as fascist, Ben-Ghiat said — rather than just right-wing — is its use of violence. “Fascists believe that violence is the way to change history,” she told me. We saw that clearly enough on Jan. 6, 2021, with the attack on the Capitol mean to keep Trump in power despite his loss in the 2020 election.

What is most worrisome going forward, Ben-Ghiat suggested, is Trump’s defense of the Jan. 6 attackers as “hostages” and his promises to pardon them, which seek to change "the perception of violence." Trump’s message to his loyal followers, she said, is that “violence is sometimes morally necessary and even righteous, and even patriotic.” That, she added, is “what we call sacralizing violence, giving violence a kind of ritual, religious tone.”

Ben-Ghiat sees Trump’s promise to pardon the Jan. 6 insurrectionists as intended to inspire his supporters to commit future acts of violence if that can help him win. The implied promise is that if they commit violent acts and Trump regains the White House, he'll pardon them too. That's straight out of the autocrat's playbook, Ben-Ghiat says: "All authoritarians use pardons” and manipulate the justice system to maintain power.

Ben-Ghiat says she's not trying to scare us, only to prepare us for what we're likely to see between now and November — and for a good while after that if Trump wins. Too many Americans still don't believe, Ben-Ghiat warns, that "it can happen here" — "it" being a fascist takeover. History tells us those people are wrong.

I think MAGAfest ends with him. I just don’t see another charismatic nut job like biff to lead bifftards to carryon. Especially when biff heads to jail. In the end the truth will prevail. It always does.

Reactions: sammyk
I think MAGAfest ends with him. I just don’t see another charismatic nut job like biff to lead bifftards to carryon. Especially when biff heads to jail. In the end the truth will prevail. It always does.
Give up Tard. You’ve had egg on your face nonstop with your dumbass predictions. I’d put more faith into the National Enquirer than I would you.

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Brennaneer
Isn't it interesting that while you've constantly dismissed Trump and his MAGA movement your side has been the one consistently losing to him while his support grows exponentially? It's also quite revealing that despite all the lengths you losers have attempted to try and defeat him (illegal spying, smear campaigns, 2 impeachments, illegal ballot harvesting Lawfare, financial bankruptcy, ballot removal) he's actually stronger and more popular with his MAGA movement now than when you TDS zombies first started panicking over him when he came down that golden escalator in '15?

Why can't you beat him or put him away once and for all if he's so inept?

Banks and other lending companies want to do business with Trump. I don;t remember hearing that he has killer/murdered anybody yet you Libbies are constantly here ranting of your admiration for Trump..... Red man gives you stiffies is all we hear... Excuse me , I meant orange mangives you sti......see I told you about getting stiff, Quit listening...

Last edited:
I very much hope he goes scorched earth win or "lose". Break The System and the lefts collective minds.

Reactions: atlkvb
Banks and other lending companies want to do business with Trump. I don;t remember hearing that he has killer/murdered anybody yet you Libbies are constantly here ranting of your admiration for Trump..... Red man gives you stiffies is all we hear...
They're as terrified of DJT as they are
obsessed with him. He defines their very reason of political existence. Without him to oppose, most of them are as lost as a sailor at sea without a compass.

Get your mask and run along Adam Schiff is talking about Trump again.

They're as terrified of DJT as they are
obsessed with him. He defines their very reason of political existence. Without him to oppose, most of them are as lost as a sailor at sea without a compass.
Shame we don’t have an honest media. Be nice to hear someone say “Ok. You don’t like Trump. Tell us your policies”

Reactions: atlkvb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT