ADVERTISEMENT

POLL Trump has cheated on Melania since the beginning of the election and I...

If he did I....

• Don’t care at all

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Care, but only because I’m supposed to

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Care a little, because he lies about his faith

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Care a lot, because he’s not the man I think he is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Care a lot, because he’s exactly the man I think he is

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Then why do you have such a had time understanding Trump's or Christian's perspectives?

I'm still struggling with why you're so upset with Trump if you don't think he's sincere in what he says he believes, or Christians who upset you for not holding him to what they claim they believe, especially and particularly if you don't believe anything of what either of them believe for yourself?

Why not just blow them all off instead of complaining about what they should follow of what they claim to believe and don't follow that you don't really care if they really believe it or not but always strive to understand and accept?

You were talking about hypocrisy... is that not the classic definition of it?
I don’t see Trump’s perspective and the Christian perspective as the same.

Didn’t you literally say that you would absolutely hold it against Trump, if it’s proven that he cheated after the start of the campaign?

I think as a Historian it would be pretty foolish to deny Christ actually existed. Yet today, many still reject his claims of deity. Wouldn't you include yourself in that category?

So why is it such a stretch to understand that one can confess Christianity yet still choose to Sin?

Atheists reject Christ as a deity fully aware of his claims to be God do they not? So why is the same not possible for those who accept Christ as God, yet still reject his calls to live without Sin?
Did Troy exist? Did Agamemnon? Does that mean Achillies was real? Was he born of a goddess mother?

I think as a Historian it would be pretty foolish to deny Christ actually existed. Yet today, many still reject his claims of deity. Wouldn't you include yourself in that category?

So why is it such a stretch to understand that one can confess Christianity yet still choose to Sin?

Atheists reject Christ as a deity fully aware of his claims to be God do they not? So why is the same not possible for those who accept Christ as God, yet still reject his calls to live without Sin?
Atheists do not reject God, atheists do not believe God exists.

Reactions: atlkvb
Boom it's not crazy it's called not being hypocritical, I believe the best way is God's way , I believe in the holy bible , I believe in the holy ghost , but I'm a sinner & I like to chase whores & drink & do things that should be unacceptable in a Christians life , & I don't judge other's for there sins , I don't judge what I don't understand .
We all have our own walk with Christ, Trump will walk his , I think he is a necessary evil, I like somethings he is doing , I don't get democrats getting all worked up on his sexual habits , I mean look at all the big donars in that parry ...hell look at Clinton...its very hypocritical what they are bitching about

When someone says they believe in a doctrine, then act in direct opposition to that doctrine, that’s fake to me. When a priest hails as a man of god, then molests young boys under the guise of spiritual guidance, that’s a good example.

I’ve been fake before in my life. Charging hard to attach myself to groups that made me feel accepted. Then I turned 15, and realized that I need to be true to myself and let the cards fall as they may.

It's possible to understand this if you understand the struggle we have with our Sinful natures. What you describe here is the result of Sin. It doesn't matter if you accept Christ or not. You are not free from Sin if you do, you are forgiven from it.

Christ allows you to overcome that nature, but he doesn't remove your struggle from it. That's why his offer of Salvation is so powerful. Without it, you'd never make it to Heaven...none of us would!

Why not?

Because we are by nature Sinful. Trump is. I am. You are too. The Bible says there is not one who does good...not one. There was only Christ, so he's the only way to get past it.

Romans 3:10-12 English Standard Version (ESV)

“None is righteous, no, not one;
no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one.”

When someone says they believe in a doctrine, then act in direct opposition to that doctrine, that’s fake to me. When a priest hails as a man of god, then molests young boys under the guise of spiritual guidance, that’s a good example.

I’ve been fake before in my life. Charging hard to attach myself to groups that made me feel accepted. Then I turned 15, and realized that I need to be true to myself and let the cards fall as they may.
I not sure many people truly understand what role
religions play in our world and has since the beginning of humankind. I understand its role and that why I don't condemn any....I say "live and let live". I do condemn when religion is used to do harm. I could provide a good argument that atheism is a religion......it depends what how one defines "religion".

Reactions: Boomboom521
Boom it's not crazy it's called not being hypocritical, I believe the best way is God's way , I believe in the holy bible , I believe in the holy ghost , but I'm a sinner & I like to chase whores & drink & do things that should be unacceptable in a Christians life , & I don't judge other's for there sins , I don't judge what I don't understand .
We all have our own walk with Christ, Trump will walk his , I think he is a necessary evil, I like somethings he is doing , I don't get democrats getting all worked up on his sexual habits , I mean look at all the big donars in that parry ...hell look at Clinton...its very hypocritical what they are bitching about
I agree. I’m not worked up over his escapades. I’m actually impressed. I’m just curious of the Christian perspective.

I respect your characterization of your walk. At least you are not hypocritical about it.

I was referencing those that literally choose evil, not those that succumb to sin. However, I do think that one that chooses to continue to sin, when believing full well that it flies in the face of their God’s will, are either very far from their God, or they have a dangerous ability to justify their actions in order to gain self gratification.

I mean, we all face tests everyday, no matter the “ist” we slap on ourselves. Living in a state of constant weakness is just sad and of low character, imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: roadtrasheer
I agree. I’m not worked up over his escapades. I’m actually impressed. I’m just curious of the Christian perspective.

I respect your characterization of your walk. At least you are not hypocritical about it.

I was referencing those that literally choose evil, not those that succumb to sin. However, I do not think that one that chooses to continue to sin, when believing full well that it flies in the face of their God’s will, are either very far from their God, or they have a dangerous ability to justify their actions in order to gain self gratification.

I mean, we all face tests everyday, no matter the “ist” we slap on ourselves. Living in a state of constant weakness is just sad and of low character, imo.

This is partially true. The key is "desire". On our own, Sin is our natural desire. However when we accept Christ, our desires are laid down to his will for our lives. Our Sinful natures don't disappear, but our desires are to please him and by so doing avoiding Sin.

It's impossible for us to totally stop Sinning. However it is not impossible to reject the desire to. This is especially practical if your objective is living for Christ and doing his will before your own. His forgiveness allows for those times you will fail, but your desire once you accept his will for your Life is to turn away from Sin not run towards it.

Places in stories, people in stories existed, but it doesn’t make the story absolutely true.

Can you answer the questions I asked?

What's true existed...happened. If places are mentioned that don't exist, or people are mentioned who never lived or never were real how can they be True?

Christ lived. He walked the Earth. Even those who did it with him didn't initially believe his claims of deity, but there's no denying he existed. It still takes a measure of Faith to believe he was who he claimed as God, but no one who examines the historical evidence would argue he was a fictional character in History.

What's true existed...happened. If places are mentioned that don't exist, or people are mentioned who never lived or never were real how can they be True?

Christ lived. He walked the Earth. Even those who did it with him didn't initially believe his claims of deity, but there's no denying he existed. It still takes a measure of Faith to believe he was who he claimed as God, but no one who examines the historical evidence would argue he was a fictional character in History.
I guess you can’t answer the questions I asked then

Did Troy exist? Did Agamemnon? Does that mean Achillies was real? Was he born of a goddess mother?

The only answer I can refer you to is what does the historical record show? If there is actual historical proof of your questions and that is the measurement, what do the records show?

In the case of Christ, the historical record shows he did something no human could do. He was killed...died. He was buried. He rose form the Dead!

Not only was that miraculous, it was unprecedented and documented by eyewitnesses! If there is similar powerful evidence for the questions you asked about Achilles I'm sure you can find it.

Ummm that was my point

OK...one and the same I suppose? You don't believe there is a God...you reject the whole idea. One follows the other. I suppose it's possible to believe there is a God and still reject him (Satan does that) but the vast majority of folks who reject God also do not believe he actually exists.

I believe most of the Christian doctrine is written by man for the control of man....details of the spiritual plane are, imo, not for us to define in terms we know.....we are all connected, other than that, we should concentrate on the players in the game at hand.

So.....I don’t make that call.

It's interesting you believe Men wrote obedience to Laws they cannot follow for themselves. It's like inventing a game that cannot ever be won.

details of the spiritual plane are, imo, not for us to define in terms we know

There is very little about the Spiritual realm the Bible fully explains to us. It tells us only what we need to know to survive our Sin nature in these limited physical bodies. It is silent on the make up, domicile, or even composition of our eternal Spiritual properties.

None of that is relevant to an Atheist anyway.

There is very little about the Spiritual realm the Bible fully explains to us. It tells us only what we need to know to survive our Sin nature in these limited physical bodies. It is silent on the make up, domicile, or even composition of our eternal Spiritual properties.

None of that is relevant to an Atheist anyway.
I’m not an atheist

I was referencing those that literally choose evil, not those that succumb to sin. However, I do think that one that chooses to continue to sin, when believing full well that it flies in the face of their God’s will, are either very far from their God, or they have a dangerous ability to justify their actions in order to gain self gratification.

I'm not deceiving myself I know my fate if I don't change ....i have morals low as they may be.... I have them , it's not weakness , it takes true strength to be able to work 60 or 70hrs construction, drink & chase whores all night & still be able to pay for my kids college , it takes dedication to the cause ...hail to black bush ....

I'm not deceiving myself I know my fate if I don't change ....i have morals low as they may be.... I have them , it's not weakness , it takes true strength to be able to work 60 or 70hrs construction, drink & chase whores all night & still be able to pay for my kids college , it takes dedication to the cause ...hail to black bush ....
I’ll wish a little luck your way then....sounds like your priorities are solid at the top anyway.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
I’m not an atheist

I forgot. Atheism is "relative" term. I apologize for offending your relativist sensitivities fully unaware of how you can both reject or believe there is no God and simultaneously believe there is a God depending on how one defines what is meant by "God".

I just momentarily had a brain fart over who I was posting with.

I don’t see Trump’s perspective and the Christian perspective as the same.

Didn’t you literally say that you would absolutely hold it against Trump, if it’s proven that he cheated after the start of the campaign?

Yes, I said if he was cheating on his Wife while in the oval Office I wouldn't support him but that's my standard. Why are you holding him to a standard you reject? Why not cheer him on?

Trump's good will with Conservative voters is probably vanished now anyway because he didn't fight the swamp spenders as we thought he would. If it turns out he's also a whore dog who cheats on his Wife, he won't find any support on the Right, and it's clear you folks on the Left with your newly discovered morality will also call for his head.

Then we can get on with the business of replacing the swamp dwelling big spenders with persons of strong Christian moral character who aren't sexual perverts or don't cheat on their Wives and don't run up debt just like you folks on the Left are insisting we elect.

Cheating is a sin against God.
Only if you recognize his omnipresence and allowed him into your marriage. I don’t and I didn’t, if I cheated, it would have nothing to do with him because he has lacks the power to pass judgement over me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT