ADVERTISEMENT

To hell with the DNC....

Several points:

1) I voted for Romney in '12 because I was unhappy with Obama
2) I believe the ACA was a first step, meant to move us towards more sustainable healthcare
3) I am Negan

It's a step in the wrong direction. Insurance needs to be that, rather than necessary for all treatments. Mandate that insurance is only for catastrophic situations: heart attack, shot, cancer, etc. Everything else, pay out of pocket like any other commercial product. Get rid of all of the red tape around insurance and government control. Develop a system to rate doctors/clinics/hospitals. Have them post their costs. You know, a true capitalistic system.

Then the government can help those who can't afford their care. But I just want to kill off grandma.

I am Negan.

It's a step in the wrong direction. Insurance needs to be that, rather than necessary for all treatments. Mandate that insurance is only for catastrophic situations: heart attack, shot, cancer, etc. Everything else, pay out of pocket like any other commercial product. Get rid of all of the red tape around insurance and government control. Develop a system to rate doctors/clinics/hospitals. Have them post their costs. You know, a true capitalistic system.

Then the government can help those who can't afford their care. But I just want to kill off grandma.

I am Negan.
Not horrible points, but out of pocket costs are substantial. Hospitals are rated. Doctors are rated. Healthcare is not a product like any other. Like prisons and education, applying simplistic "market driven" economic logic to the systems are problematic at best, when quality isn't a deciding factor in the service because choice is limited due to location, admittance barriers, and personal wealth limitations, it doesn't compute the same. The commodity isn't sweaters or food service.

Have you not been paying attention to reality?
You seem to derive a lot of your facts from propaganda....so....I thought I'd set the table. If costs for healthcare weren't substantial, then why would anyone want health insurance?

You seem to derive a lot of your facts from propaganda....so....I thought I'd set the table. If costs for healthcare weren't substantial, then why would anyone want health insurance?

Your's sounds like propaganda. I'd love $50 a month per person, plus a catastrophic plan for us.

Oh yeah, I think the Russian government literally launched a cyber campaign of influence to sway the election, and attempted to actually hack our voting systems.
Doubt there is really any hard evidence to support the latter part of your nonsensical remark.

8497538c27cab2f911df4c4d3dd56c64--political-system-clinton-foundation.jpg

http://www.irp.wisc.edu/faqs/faq3.htm

Income and Poverty in the United States: 2015.
The report indicates that in 2015, some 43.1 million people, or 13.5 percent of the total U.S. population, lived in poverty.

The 2015 poverty rate for Asians was 11.4 percent, and whites not of Hispanic origin had a poverty rate of 9.1 percent. See Figure 2 for long-term changes in the U.S. poverty rate by racial or ethnic group, which reveals a striking trend among blacks, whose poverty rate decreased from 41.8 percent in 1966 to 24.1 percent in 2015. Nonetheless, the poverty rate among blacks is more than two times greater than the 11.4 percent poor rate for whites.

In 2015, children represented 23.1 percent of the overall U.S. population and 33.6 percent of the people in poverty, and some 14.5 million of them, 19.7 percent of all children in the United States, were poor. More than 4.9 million of these poor children were under 5 years old. Of the 14.5 million poor children, 6.5 million were living in deep poverty, which is defined as an annual income of less than half the poverty threshold.

Near poverty rates (income between 100 and 124 percent of the poverty threshold) are much higher: 17.9 percent of the overall population; 25.4 percent of children; 15.7 percent of whites; 30.1 percent of blacks; and 28.8 percent of people of Hispanic origin have income no more than 124 percent above their poverty threshold.

2017-FAQ3-Fig4.png

------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.census.gov/prod/2009pubs/acsbr08-1.pdf

so basically, every year that idiot owebama was leader, another ONE MILLION Americans sank below the poverty line...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT