ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on WV/Miami.

Total offense means nothing. Why do I care how many yards a team gains. Scoring offense is far more important. The fact that Miami isn't in the top 50 in total offense but scored more points per game than WVU is a clear indication that Miami has a more efficient offense than WVU.

I noticed you skimmed over the fact that both team's Scoring Offense (your favorite and only stat) is virtually identical.

You're on a great winning streak there... one in a row. And that was in 2013 and UF trounced Miami the game before that.

Here's a better question for you... beaten FSU lately? Going 2 for the last decade there, tough guy.

Miami owns UF. You used a bad example buddy.

Either way, Miami's performance against FSU has no relevance to this upcoming game. The fact that you're resorting to these types of comments clearly shows how badly I'm owning you in this argument.

Again, you are looking at offensive rankings based on yards gained, not points scored. Points scored is far more important.
Like I said about a post. Dude we played 6 offenses ranked higher than VT. Let that sink in before you embarrass yourself anymore.

I noticed you skimmed over the fact that both team's Scoring Offense (your favorite and only stat) is virtually identical.

Miami's is better. It's close for sure; however, Miami's offense is clearly more efficient. We scored more points with fewer yards. That, or Miami's defense and special teams were better at getting our offense better field position. Either answer hurts your argument.

Miami owns UF. You used a bad example buddy.

Either way, Miami's performance against FSU has no relevance to this upcoming game. The fact that you're resorting to these types of comments clearly shows how badly I'm owning you in this argument.

LOL, again your facts are askew.

All-time series Miami leads, 29-26(.527) Hardly the juggernaut you claim.

And also, just saying that "you own" something doesn't make that true either. I think you're in over your head on this board. Canesport must be full of wimps if you think you are "owning" anything.

Reactions: torontoeers
what's worse than the UF, FSU, and now USF fans constantly giving it to Miami fans?

the aids.....

I mean, usually when someone comes up and says "I'm a Miami fan"......... my first thought is "Oh, how much longer do you have? Poor thing"

Miami's is better. It's close for sure; however, Miami's offense is clearly more efficient. We scored more points with fewer yards. That, or Miami's defense and special teams were better at getting our offense better field position. Either answer hurts your argument.

Again, if you look closely at the stats, really read them, you'll see that the biggest difference is in Field Goals; meaning that Miami made fewer attempts at the end zone and settled for easy points. No defensive points, no safeties and somehow 2 extra point attempts were missed. Hardly a huge difference.

LOL, again your facts are askew.

All-time series Miami leads, 29-26(.527) Hardly the juggernaut you claim.

And also, just saying that "you own" something doesn't make that true either. I think you're in over your head on this board. Canesport must be full of wimps if you think you are "owning" anything.

Look at the series record since 1978. Been very lopsided. In fact, it caused UF to duck playing us.

I'm absolutely owning you guys on your own home board. I keep bringing facts supported by actual results and statistics, and you guys got nothing to counter with but unsupported opinion.
This is just the best....stats? Unsupported opinion? Scroll on back in the thread to your asshat assertion that since the Canes beat sPitt and sPitt beat Clemson , it allows you to puff your chest out and proclaim how good your fellas are! Go on and splain that one for us....you're gonna come out of it looking like a pretzel...

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
Again, if you look closely at the stats, really read them, you'll see that the biggest difference is in Field Goals; meaning that Miami made fewer attempts at the end zone and settled for easy points. No defensive points, no safeties and somehow 2 extra point attempts were missed. Hardly a huge difference.

So, what your saying is that Miami is more efficient at scoring points than WVU. Thanks for confirming.

And, if you want to talk about yards gained, how about we look at a more meaningful metric than yards per game. Yards per play is a better metric and WVU averaged 6.63 ypp compared to Miami's 6.52. By your standards, that must be a statistically insignificant difference.

This is just the best....stats? Unsupported opinion? Scroll on back in the thread to your asshat assertion that since the Canes beat sPitt and sPitt beat Clemson , it allows you to puff your chest out and proclaim how good your fellas are! Go on and splain that one for us....you're gonna come out of it looking like a pretzel...

Nope, never did that. Read in context buddy.

"How to lose to 3 unranked teams and still muster bravado"

The Miami fan Bible

I mean honestly, if your OOC even had a pulse, you'd not be bowl eligible right now probably...

Reactions: torontoeers
I've addressed that several times. Bad loss. You can keep bringing it up as a crutch though if you want, since I'm owning you in the actual argument.

Is that the actual argument that WVU has no bad losses and Miami does?

EDIT: just helped KC....feel overwhelming need to take a second bath today

Reactions: countryroads89
Jesus man. You are stuck on this point so hard because you are getting crushed on the relevant topics.
You are the one bringing this crap to the table; I'm refuting your every advance on justifying some sort of superiority, which you can't support with a single fact or stat that isn't customized to your liking.

You are the one getting owned, skippy.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE ARE OUT OF FLORIDA DIRECTIONAL SCHOOLS TO PLAY!?"
img21687905.jpg

Reactions: dunnfad1
'Yeah, that 8-4 Pitt team that beat Clemson at Clemson the very next weekend. That's a better win than WVU has on its resume.'

Then just what the hell do they call this? skibbyskibby talk? I call it a bozo eruption .

Simply pointing out a fact. Does WVU have a better win than Pitt?

Hey I have an idea. Why don't we wait until the game happens and then we can see who wins?

That approach has shown to be 100% more effective than the intellectual equivalent of two monkeys throwing crap at each other.

That being said....WVU has a lot to prove after this past month. Miami has been made a favorite in Vegas. I don't think WVU will overlook Miami as a threat....even though I am. There is no x-factor. Howard's play will dictate this outcome.

Either way....we will have a far better team next year and should be a pre-season top 15 team regardless of what happens on 12/28.

The stats do back me up. You are using a total offense measure, which is not a meaningful measure of offensive success.
Well when discussing the best offenses, it is the only stat to use. It is called total offense for a reason skippy. But when you hold out that list of teams and the best one would have ranked 7th on our schedule, it might be time to let it go.

Hey I have an idea. Why don't we wait until the game happens and then we can see who wins?

That approach has shown to be 100% more effective than the intellectual equivalent of two monkeys throwing crap at each other.

That being said....WVU has a lot to prove after this past month. Miami has been made a favorite in Vegas. I don't think WVU will overlook Miami as a threat....even though I am. There is no x-factor. Howard's play will dictate this outcome.

Either way....we will have a far better team next year and should be a pre-season top 15 team regardless of what happens on 12/28.

Where's the fun in that man? The debates and arguments are entertainment and fun for all.

2003/10/02 Miami FL 22 - West Virginia 20 W
2002/10/26 Miami FL 40 - West Virginia 23 W
2001/10/25 Miami FL 45 - West Virginia 3 W
2000/09/23 Miami FL 47 - West Virginia 10 W
1999/10/30 Miami FL 28 - West Virginia 20 W
1998/10/24 Miami FL 34 - West Virginia 31 W
1997/09/27 Miami FL 17 - West Virginia 28 L
1996/10/26 Miami FL 10 - West Virginia 7 W
1995/11/18 Miami FL 17 - West Virginia 12 W
1994/10/22 Miami FL 38 - West Virginia 6 W
1993/11/20 Miami FL 14 - West Virginia 17 L
1992/10/31 Miami FL 35 - West Virginia 23 W
1991/11/09 Miami FL 27 - West Virginia 3 W
1986/10/11 Miami FL 58 - West Virginia 14 W
1983/10/29 Miami FL 20 - West Virginia 3 W
1974/10/19 Miami FL 21 - West Virginia 20 W
1973/11/02 Miami FL 14 - West Virginia 20 L
1956/11/23 Miami FL 18 - West Virginia 0 W
1942/11/28 Miami FL 21 - West Virginia 13 W

Miami has a 6 game winning streak and West Virginia hasn't won since 1997. The game is a toss up. So until you guys win you nothing to talk about.
No doubt, Miami has had one of the best programs money can buy.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Well when discussing the best offenses, it is the only stat to use. It is called total offense for a reason skippy. But when you hold out that list of teams and the best one would have ranked 7th on our schedule, it might be time to let it go.

Do you even know what the Total Offense metric is? It's simply average offensive yards per game. That is not a meaningful metric for a lot of reasons. First, yards gained does nothing to tell you about an offense's ability to score points. Second, it doesn't consider pace of play. Some offensive systems, like HUNH, run significantly more plays than others. All else being equal, that will generate a higher Total Offense ranking, but that doesn't mean the offense was efficient or successful. Third, it doesn't factor in the defense and special teams' ability to get good field position for the offense. Better field position means a lower Total Offense ranking.

If you are going to rank offenses based on yards, you should use yards per play rather than yards per game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT