ADVERTISEMENT

those 3 flags, other team calling signals,while on ...

Charleston wvu man

All-Conference
Dec 2, 2006
defense. Kansas called for 2 WV called for 1. Can someone explain what this was about ?
Seems like B12 ref's try to come up with something new every year.

defense. Kansas called for 2 WV called for 1. Can someone explain what this was about ?
Seems like B12 ref's try to come up with something new every year.
Players try to get the other side to jump by barking out the snap. Also you'll see the center using his body at times to look as if he's ready to snap the ball before he actually does. It's a legit call and something they could call far more often. Why they chose to so much on Saturday is the real question. It likely means someone in the conference has complained about it recently.

Vernon

I don't think Football officials react to complaining, particularly the Big XII. I think that crew is new. I have heard Dana in years past say the Big XII office doesn't care how much schools complain on officiating or if you even send in plays where the refs are clearly wrong. It's a waste of time.......... That is maybe unless the one complaining is Texas or Oklahoma

To be fair though, the referee on Saturday was doing everything before the game to pump up the guns while wearing the SMedium spandex shirt to look like a Mike Defee, who makes Ed Hochuli look small. That guy has a long ways to go to get the same caliber guns as Defee.

I think that crew stunk too. The hit on Grier when he had given himself up was ridiculous. Worst non call of the day. It wasn't as bad as the TCU hit/face mark on Tricket like 4-5 years back, but I have never seen a WVU defensive player get away with those kind of hits on qbs ever. To me that missed call was worse than the fake punt with the hesitation snap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT