ADVERTISEMENT

The first time in 8 years I'm proud of my country

Of course all the deplorables are proud, scared stupid people need a savior, gonna be quite a letdown when reality catches up to them. But it is the same America, GOP overreach, no replacement for the ACA and the Donald himself ain't gonna make for a good 2018, be like the lefts tea party.

Of course all the deplorables are proud, scared stupid people need a savior, gonna be quite a letdown when reality catches up to them. But it is the same America, GOP overreach, no replacement for the ACA and the Donald himself ain't gonna make for a good 2018, be like the lefts tea party.
I'm excited about really only 1 thing. The SCOTUS appointments.

Excited is one word for it .... terrified is another
That's how I felt about the prospect of Hillary appointees. Realistically, I'm just looking for more of a conservative court, not some Draconian organization hell bent on returning us to our puritans roots.

How do you figure?
I might have missed something, I've admittedly been out of the country for about 3 weeks. We still have an open seat since and Garland isn't going to get considered. Did something change on that front?

I might have missed something, I've admittedly been out of the country for about 3 weeks. We still have an open seat since and Garland isn't going to get considered. Did something change on that front?

There is a vacancy. There is no mandatory requirement that it get filled.

Hahahaha never mind, you've been reading The Daily Kos. SMH, you really are the left version of Bobby. At least you don't link that garbage on here.

I knew all along that something BAD had happened to my America. When it seemed like just over night our jobs,security and pride was slowly eroding away. I loved going to Hecks,Sears,Ben Franklin , Montgomery Wards..and then ....GONE. I've prayed diligently for my children and grandchildren to have the chance that I had growing up in WV, and America . . And to think that Americans (politicians) sold us out to China!!!...that shit totally pissed me off. If Trump can put humpty dumpy (USA) back together, the dipshits that have their hair on fire MIGHT buy a clue,and sense that we're going to kick that ass and bring GOOD jobs back to our shores . :americanflag::pray:[cheers]:cool2::popcorn:[thumbsup];)

Define good jobs? The job my dad and grandfathers had in the steel mill aren't coming back. We have to train our kids for the jobs of today in IT, robotics, HVAC, and other jobs of today. Thank God my father forced me to WVU and didn't allow me to get a job in the mill. Not sure what I would be doing today if I had stayed home

Reactions: countryroads89
Hahahaha never mind, you've been reading The Daily Kos. SMH, you really are the left version of Bobby. At least you don't link that garbage on here.

I don't read Daily KOS, and you're right, I don't link it. I practice what I preach.

The Senate Judiciary Committee has to make the nomination to the full Senate.

I'm just saying, it might not happen.

I actually was making no attempt to unify. Just calling it as I see it. I think other factors, some irrational, are involved when people esteem this President so lowly.
Like you, I just call them as I see them. If you are suggesting "other factors" as being the color of his skin, you are way off on that. Hopefully you are referring to some other "irrational factor" that I have no idea what you are speaking of. Hopefully it is not irrational to see him as a totally non-productive leader of the country. If he has made a contribution into anything positive for the country, I have certainly missed it. I thought he had absolutely zero to offer from the start, and I have not been surprised. I am at a loss to see anything that he has contributed to the wellbeing of the US that would not have been enhanced by him having hands off. I am reasonably sure the economy would have taken care of itself better if he would have left it alone. Social issues are not my thing, and if he has made a contribution in that area, I am unaware of anything specifically.

I refuse to accept every criticism of the man as only having to do with the hue of his skin. That is terribly irrational for anyone to assign that as a reason to anyone/everyone who disapproved of the job Obama has done as our president. Skin color had nothing to do with the assessment made by me, and I suspect near 100% of others who graded him as bad.

As to the uniting comment, I took it as a positive that someone else used, and I repeated it. I do not think it was offered as a negative when used, and I certainly apologize if you think I was making a negative comment. Actually thought it was a very nice gesture. Sorry that I offended you.

I don't read Daily KOS, and you're right, I don't link it. I practice what I preach.

Oh I'm sure the GOP will now do their duty and confirm Trumps appointment. Conservative justice on the court andvTrump gets a boost...win - win for them.

Oh I'm sure the GOP will now do their duty and confirm Trumps appointment. Conservative justice on the court andvTrump gets a boost...win - win for them.

The Senate Judiciary Committee is comprised of 11 Republicans and 9 Democrats. I'm not sure if the nomination to the full Senate has to be unanimous or simple majority.

I say what's good for the goose is good for the gander. The GOP started this nonsense shit.

Reactions: Boomboom521
The Senate Judiciary Committee is comprised of 11 Republicans and 9 Democrats. I'm not sure if the nomination to the full Senate has to be unanimous or simple majority.

I say what's good for the goose is good for the gander. The GOP started this nonsense shit.
I agree, crazy that the American people (right and left) allow the Senate to control both branches like this. Seems like a little more than a check to me

I would be surprised if you had any recollection at all who opened the gate. Harry thought too many things were not progressing quickly enough and those judges do not have to meet the 60 vote threshold in the Senate. Mr Reid had probably lost his mind as he was consuming more and more power as the president of the Senate. Wrong again. When are you ever?

I would be surprised if you had any recollection at all who opened the gate. Harry thought too many things were not progressing quickly enough and those judges do not have to meet the 60 vote threshold in the Senate. Mr Reid had probably lost his mind as he was consuming more and more power as the president of the Senate. Wrong again. When are you ever?

Reading comprehension, try it. It's like you read at a third grade level.

I'm not even talking about a "full Senate" vote, I'm talking about the "Senate Judiciary Committee".

Last edited:
I remember Hecks in Motown, it was a real dump,

It seems like they all were. I grew up in Parkersburg and I don't remember there being one there, but I was thinking there was one in Marietta OH or someplace close.

Poor boys mind doesn't work really well. In 25 minutes he totally forgot what he said.

Sorry for the confusion, that was my fault. It should have read "I'm not sure if the nomination by the Judiciary Committee has to be unanimous or a simple majority."
But in all fairness, the sentence before it describes the make up of the Judiciary Committee.

Like you, I just call them as I see them. If you are suggesting "other factors" as being the color of his skin, you are way off on that. Hopefully you are referring to some other "irrational factor" that I have no idea what you are speaking of. Hopefully it is not irrational to see him as a totally non-productive leader of the country. If he has made a contribution into anything positive for the country, I have certainly missed it. I thought he had absolutely zero to offer from the start, and I have not been surprised. I am at a loss to see anything that he has contributed to the wellbeing of the US that would not have been enhanced by him having hands off. I am reasonably sure the economy would have taken care of itself better if he would have left it alone. Social issues are not my thing, and if he has made a contribution in that area, I am unaware of anything specifically.

I refuse to accept every criticism of the man as only having to do with the hue of his skin. That is terribly irrational for anyone to assign that as a reason to anyone/everyone who disapproved of the job Obama has done as our president. Skin color had nothing to do with the assessment made by me, and I suspect near 100% of others who graded him as bad.

As to the uniting comment, I took it as a positive that someone else used, and I repeated it. I do not think it was offered as a negative when used, and I certainly apologize if you think I was making a negative comment. Actually thought it was a very nice gesture. Sorry that I offended you.
Notice I said "some people" not mneilmont. Now I think you would be included in some people. I am not speculating on the motives. But is the economy great. No.Iis it better than 4 years ago? Yes. Is ACA great for America? No. Is it a monumental accomplishment for a President to get such legislation passed against such hostility? Yes. Did the President make some big mistakes? Yes. Did he learn from them and get better? Yes. I don't see how someone can be objective and say he's been a horrible President.

Notice I said "some people" not mneilmont. Now I think you would be included in some people. I am not speculating on the motives. But is the economy great. No.Iis it better than 4 years ago? Yes. Is ACA great for America? No. Is it a monumental accomplishment for a President to get such legislation passed against such hostility? Yes. Did the President make some big mistakes? Did he learn from them and get better? Yes. I don't see how someone can be objective and say he's been a horrible President.
Commie

Reactions: CAJUNEER
Notice I said "some people" not mneilmont. Now I think you would be included in some people. I am not speculating on the motives. But is the economy great. No.Iis it better than 4 years ago? Yes. Is ACA great for America? No. Is it a monumental accomplishment for a President to get such legislation passed against such hostility? Yes. Did the President make some big mistakes? Yes. Did he learn from them and get better? Yes. I don't see how someone can be objective and say he's been a horrible President.
You go down a list of failures then say he learned from them, but you don't mention any actions that he did that he did positive. Surely you are not comparing the last year or so of GWB to what Obama has done and honestly say that it was good. The only thing that was good was it was not as bad as Bush final year, which was admittedly not good by anyone's standards. You say Obamacare was not great for the country, but it was a great accomplishment that he got it passed. That accomplishment was to split congress to a hard position. Two sides didn't talk again.
Actually you did not refer to "some people", but to"factors, SOME irrational'. Now you change to "some people including ME). And as I read further, you seem to take issue with my manufacturing facts which were untrue. I, too take issue with that suggestion. I stated that you were not a good judge in assessing the job done by the president. And I stand by my opinion and statement that he has been a rung just below Carter(for whom I voted with regret).

Sorry for the confusion, that was my fault. It should have read "I'm not sure if the nomination by the Judiciary Committee has to be unanimous or a simple majority."
But in all fairness, the sentence before it describes the make up of the Judiciary Committee.
Think. Why would the majority party have a majority in committees and subs? Only need a majority of vote in committee to get bill to senate floor. Probably could not get a senate vote on Girl Scouts if the committee vote had to be unanimous. You are getting closer.

Think. Why would the majority party have a majority in committees and subs? Only need a majority of vote in committee to get bill to senate floor. Probably could not get a senate vote on Girl Scouts if the committee vote had to be unanimous. You are getting closer.

It's not a bill.

You go down a list of failures then say he learned from them, but you don't mention any actions that he did that he did positive. Surely you are not comparing the last year or so of GWB to what Obama has done and honestly say that it was good. The only thing that was good was it was not as bad as Bush final year, which was admittedly not good by anyone's standards. You say Obamacare was not great for the country, but it was a great accomplishment that he got it passed. That accomplishment was to split congress to a hard position. Two sides didn't talk again.

Actually you did not refer to "some people", but to"factors, SOME irrational'. Now you change to "some people including ME). And as I read further, you seem to take issue with my manufacturing facts which were untrue. I, too take issue with that suggestion. I stated that you were not a good judge in assessing the job done by the president. And I stand by my opinion and statement that he has been a rung just below Carter(for whom I voted with regret).
You've misrepresented my words. But I'll put it another way. Is America in a better place than it was eight years ago? I think clearly yes. Could someone else have have led America to an even better place. I think clearly yes.

Reactions: dave and WVUBRU
You've misrepresented my words. But I'll put it another way. Is America in a better place than it was eight years ago? I think clearly yes. Could someone else have have led America to an even better place. I think clearly yes.
The beauty of the free country. Is America better? Depends on Have or Have Not. Everyone did not share. Some were losers. IMO, that does not equal better. JFK referred to rising. This one did not raise all - not referring to individuals. Not referring to myself. I am near the same except for a few new aches and pains - not Obama problem.

I don't know how we got here from a statement you mad and I attempted to agree in general. We had a difference in judgement of the president.

I missed this conversation today. Too busy with work. But as usual even though we differ greatly on politics, it is refreshing to see a conservative viewpoint presented in an honest manner. Very rare but a pleasure. Well done in the entire thread.

Reactions: Boomboom521

It will, just like you guys controlled it for Kagan and Sotomayor, we controll it now. However, the replacement will still keep the court the way it was before. Sometimes conservative sometimes not. This court ruled for the ACA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT