ADVERTISEMENT

Reagan-appointed judge: 'Preposterous' January 6 claims pose 'danger to our country'

moe

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Fayetteville, WV
MAGA Repubs get a reality check from conservative judge. The MAGA war on truth works tirelessly to create the alternative universe where their low-info loyal cult followers can't tell truth from lies. Watching the Repub party become the MAGA Insurrection party has been amazing in a train wreck way and quite sobering. What happens when you lose the election again? Fortunately your domestic terrorists won't get near the Capitol again so tell us what are your violent plans for your election loss tantrum?

Reagan-appointed judge: 'Preposterous' January 6 claims pose 'danger to our country'

"The Court is accustomed to defendants who refuse to accept that they did anything wrong. But in my thirty-seven years on the bench, I cannot recall a time when such meritless justifications of criminal activity have gone mainstream," Lambert said.

"I have been dismayed to see distortions and outright falsehoods seep into the public consciousness," he continued. "I have been shocked to watch some public figures try to rewrite history, claiming rioters behaved 'in an orderly fashion' like ordinary tourists, or martyrizing convicted January 6 defendants as 'political prisoners' or even, incredibly, 'hostages.'"

Former President Donald Trump has referred to his supporters who ransacked the US Capitol and assaulted police officers as "hostages," which is also a term used by Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-New York), who chairs the House Republican Conference. NBC News' Ryan J. Reilly reported that Lamberth's comments about insurrectionists behaving "in an orderly fashion" is a reference to Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-Georgia), who likened Trump supporters who broke into the US Capitol and chanted "hang Mike Pence" to tourists. The Republican National Committee even passed a resolution a year after the attack calling the deadly riot that killed five police officers and injured hundreds of others "legitimate political discourse."

Judge Lamberth called the January 6 insurrection "the antithesis of patriotism," and said that he "cannot condone the notion that those who broke the law on January 6 did nothing wrong, or that those duly convicted with all the safeguards of the United States Constitution, including a right to trial by jury in felony cases, are political prisoners or hostages."

"The Court does not expect its remarks to fully stem the tide of falsehoods," he added. "But I hope a little truth will go a long way."

Last edited:
Not one Right wing nut can defend this. Their autocratic mindset is a signal to them wanting to ruin our country

Reactions: moe
MAGA Repubs get a reality check from conservative judge. The MAGA war on truth works tirelessly to create the alternative universe where their low-info loyal cult followers can't tell truth from lies. Watching the Repub party become the MAGA Insurrection party has been amazing in a train wreck way and quite sobering. What happens when you lose the election again? Fortunately your domestic terrorists won't get near the Capitol again so tell us what are your violent plans for your election loss tantrum?

"The Court is accustomed to defendants who refuse to accept that they did anything wrong. But in my thirty-seven years on the bench, I cannot recall a time when such meritless justifications of criminal activity have gone mainstream," Lambert said.

"I have been dismayed to see distortions and outright falsehoods seep into the public consciousness," he continued. "I have been shocked to watch some public figures try to rewrite history, claiming rioters behaved 'in an orderly fashion' like ordinary tourists, or martyrizing convicted January 6 defendants as 'political prisoners' or even, incredibly, 'hostages.'"

Former President Donald Trump has referred to his supporters who ransacked the US Capitol and assaulted police officers as "hostages," which is also a term used by Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-New York), who chairs the House Republican Conference. NBC News' Ryan J. Reilly reported that Lamberth's comments about insurrectionists behaving "in an orderly fashion" is a reference to Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-Georgia), who likened Trump supporters who broke into the US Capitol and chanted "hang Mike Pence" to tourists. The Republican National Committee even passed a resolution a year after the attack calling the deadly riot that killed five police officers and injured hundreds of others "legitimate political discourse."

Judge Lamberth called the January 6 insurrection "the antithesis of patriotism," and said that he "cannot condone the notion that those who broke the law on January 6 did nothing wrong, or that those duly convicted with all the safeguards of the United States Constitution, including a right to trial by jury in felony cases, are political prisoners or hostages."

"The Court does not expect its remarks to fully stem the tide of falsehoods," he added. "But I hope a little truth will go a long way."

Not one Right wing nut can defend this. Their autocratic mindset is a signal to them wanting to ruin our country
Cool story. Now maybe he should recommend the 2020 election to be investigated to verify.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT