ADVERTISEMENT

The Big 12 has more in store for us...

I dont have a problem with that if our model was setup for it. But we really aren't properly organized to make that work in WV because our Community Colleges are designed to be feeder schools. I am still trying to understand the logic in stripping the community colleges away from the 4 year institutions - 10-15 years ago. All it has done is fragment the educational system more and create additional funding problems.
Simple. WV had far more 4 year colleges than it could support. It has for decades.

The slogan BLM should also include, your life matters don't resist. When they become self aware that they are the ones causing their own death, for the most part, they that will be a starting point.
Exactly. The BLM movement is predicated on a false narrative. Statistics show the police are not targeting blacks to brutalize. It isn't a situation where the statistics don't support the claim; they outright refute it. Thus, there is nothing to fix in this regard.

Here is a novel thought, don't fight the police. Rayshawn Brooks is a perfect example. The 2 officers and Brooks were polite and cordial to each other for most of the encounter. Things took a turn for the worse when they tried to arrest Brown for a DUI, Brown decided he wasn't going to jail and fought them. He was dead seconds later.

F'n dumbass.

You seem to really care about these things......any idea how to stop this carnage that is taking place in our cities? Maybe some of our athletes can voice their concerns about this.......but I doubt it.......this has been going on for years and years....and not a peep.......no decals....zero kneeling.

Chicago Week in Progress (9/6 – 9/12).... It's only Wednesday morning.
Shot & Killed: 8
Total Shot: 37

Chicago September to Date ....It's only the 9th
Shot & Killed: 20
Total Shot: 104

Chicago 2020 Year to Date.....
Shot & Killed: 496
Total Shot: 2914
And guess what..... Mayor Lightfoot has a 75% approval rating. Where is the disconnect? Hint; It's a long answer.

Considering the high profile "social injustice" casualties have also been, well per the autopsy, have had high levels of drugs to have caused the death, maybe the BigXII could promote an anti-drug campaign.
You have to be on something or just mentality not there to fight a person with a gun when you don't have a gun yourself.

Reactions: EerNearClemson
I agree there. I had just finished editing that post to reflect that perspective.
You simply can't afford a 4-year college in every little piss ant outpost, especially not now and not in a state like WV.

They have ruined professional sports for me and now they are taking away college. This is tough because I love my Mountaineers but I cannot support terrorist organizations.
So you disagree when Neal Brown said "You can support the Black Lives Matter movement, because it's a movement, and not support the organization."?

but why not allow everyone an opportunity to attend?
I don't think any college/university has the capacity to accept an unlimited number of new underclasspersons each year. I think the opportunity is there but the student needs to show some indication that they will be able to handle the expected course work.

So you disagree when Neal Brown said "You can support the Black Lives Matter movement, because it's a movement, and not support the organization."?
It's the smartest response he could give, and duh, nearly every human on the planet agrees. That's the problem though, what purpose does stating black live matter serve? I mean, no shit - the overwhelming majority dont just understand that, they believe it. So why does it have to be tattooed everywhere for us to recite like mindless sheep? Coupled with an organization that uses it as cover to push an incredibly damning agenda, you've now got the mess we currently sit in. So yes, you can support the movement, but maybe the movement could be a little more detailed and thought out.

It's the smartest response he could give, and duh, nearly every human on the planet agrees. That's the problem though, what purpose does stating black live matter serve? I mean, no shit - the overwhelming majority dont just understand that, they believe it. So why does it have to be tattooed everywhere for us to recite like mindless sheep? Coupled with an organization that uses it as cover to push an incredibly damning agenda, you've now got the mess we currently sit in. So yes, you can support the movement, but maybe the movement could be a little more detailed and thought out.

Just saying a sticker or a patch isn't going to make me miss my Mountaineers.

One thing that has happened that is probably a positive development is the devaluing of college entrance exams. WV has made the ACT part of its standardized testing for high school students so they dont need to take the test separately. And with COVID, most colleges are not requiring an entrance exam at all for the upcoming school year.

We should be tearing down barriers that prevent educational opportunity. The WVU admission model has been long criticized by those focused on educational rankings but why not allow everyone an opportunity to attend? Some will succeed. Some will fail. But why not give anyone interested the chance to prove themselves?
There is an opportunity for everyone to attend within the WVU system, maybe not on the Morgantown campus, but somewhere in the system.

Maybe because they are criminal in behavior and resist arrest at a far greater rate than whites? I mean, 13% of the population commit 22% of the felonies. What's up with that?
All these stats are interesting, but the majority of Americans know all these things (generally). The question and real meat of the matter is: Why and what are we doing to help? That's where real leadership must focus and in a high profile way. I think a lot of the blame (outside of the political stoking) should go to previous generations that have done very little to improve these things. And now, at least half of the population is upset about it and pointing at our president as the problem. Trump's problem is that anything he does is considered political grandstanding and the media will always portray it as such. If he doesn't get re-elected, it doesn't matter, but if he does, he needs to roll up his sleeves and dive in. What else can our government do to help with the inner-city poverty issues? Even though we've worked around the edges a little bit, the stats aren't changing much. What more can be done to:
1) Help improve educational opportunities for the urban poor?
2) Help with the huge issue created by growing up with a single parent (who probably also didn't have good parenting and may have a criminal past)?
3) Help reduce the flow of drugs in the inner city?
4) Help reduce teenage pregnancy?
5) Etc.

As Neal Brown would tell you, there are no easy answers, t's an extraordinarily hard time to lead, but doing nothing is not the answer. These problems aren't going away and need to be addressed. In my opinion, we can make progress without dividing people.

Agree on that. Count me in the camp that the majority of our athletes dont even have the slightest idea how many interpretations are behind that acronym, so I certainly can empathize with them there. The problem is that the influencers to these same kids aren't willing to call a spade a spade and highlight how BLM doesnt actually stand for black individuals. If these kids were more educated with some of those missions, they may feel a little less attached to the phrase.

Reactions: KingofTowers
Let's face it. The Big 12, just like most other entities, is doing this because it's the easiest way to say "Look, we're doing something." But in reality, it isn't going to accomplish much of anything.

It just allows them to say they did their part.

All these stats are interesting, but the majority of Americans know all these things (generally). The question and real meat of the matter is: Why and what are we doing to help? That's where real leadership must focus and in a high profile way. I think a lot of the blame (outside of the political stoking) should go to previous generations that have done very little to improve these things. And now, at least half of the population is upset about it and pointing at our president as the problem. Trump's problem is that anything he does is considered political grandstanding and the media will always portray it as such. If he doesn't get re-elected, it doesn't matter, but if he does, he needs to roll up his sleeves and dive in. What else can our government do to help with the inner-city poverty issues? Even though we've worked around the edges a little bit, the stats aren't changing much. What more can be done to:
2) Help with the huge issue created by growing up with a single parent (who probably also didn't have good parenting and may have a criminal past)?
5) Etc.

As Neal Brown would tell you, there are no easy answers, t's an extraordinarily hard time to lead, but doing nothing is not the answer. These problems aren't going away and need to be addressed. In my opinion, we can make progress without dividing people.
Again, convince the black community in general that education is really their way out and up. The opportunities are there.

Again, convince the black community in general that education is really their way out and up. The opportunities are there.
I think it's more about convincing federal, state and local governments to be more creative with solutions. And it's going to take some money....

Reactions: KingofTowers
The fact that so many of you are "upset" over young black men voicing their concerns over racial injustice (which DOES still exist, BTW, there is no doubt that America has a long history of racial issues) reflects history in general. Anytime there is a push back on racial inequities, there is a white backlash. Why not just acknowledge history and their concerns and come together? This doesn't have to be a political issue.
What cant young black men acknowledge that young men and women of all races have died in combat for their freedoms and stop disrespecting them by kneeling during the anthem?

Reactions: wvmoose
Yes, I disagree with HCNB.

I also disagree with the arguments put forth by BLM that there are systemic racial injustices.

There are socioeconomic disparities and it’s not tied to race. There will always be socioeconomic disparities.

This is one of my major issues with BLM, the organization and the movement. BLM is fomenting racial tensions intentionally, essentially using blacks for their ultimate goal which is to push radical Marxist ideals to address socioeconomic disparity. You’ve alluded to it numerous times. Truckloads of federal money have been dumped into cities, and through grift, kickbacks, and corruption, leadership in the cities have enriched themselves and shit on the common person. In many of these cities, the leadership is African American, in >75%, the leadership is and has been Democratic for 3-4 decades.

It’s very transparent what BLM is, and what the movement is, and they’re one in the same. BLM is against the nuclear family which is one of the biggest disparities between the racial lines. They’re literally arguing against good solutions and against a strong moral fiber.

I’m for addressing socioeconomic issues through opportunity. Jobs.

I think it's more about convincing federal, state and local governments to be more creative with solutions. And it's going to take some money....
The money has been there for years. In large part, especially in black-run communities, it has been stolen, mis-spent and just flatly wasted.

I absolutely do. Can I support the Confederacy without supporting slavery? Can I support the 3rd Reich without supporting the massacre of the Jews?

I absolutely do. Can I support the Confederacy without supporting slavery? Can I support the 3rd Reich without supporting the massacre of the Jews?
hitler-volkswagen-2.jpg

They did give us the famous Volkswagen Beetle..

5) Etc.

Boy that's a pretty good post on the topic. 1-4 are exactly correct but the problem is we don't hear BLM - the organization, the movement or the activists - seeking those changes. Rather, they just stand in the street and scream BLM over and over, which does nothing.

BLM isn't arguing for these changes; rather, BLM has chosen to make the problems in the black community about race, which is counterproductive and alienates many of the people needed to address the real problems. As long as Coach Brown supports that message, he, the program and the University are part of the problem.

To be honest, I don't believe I can separate the two. I support all lives and I have not seen the movement around the country to try to include all lives. The "movement" has destroyed black businesses and lives also. Just look at what the movement did to our coach because of his belief in God. He is a good man and his life will always be affected too. LeBron James' "Movement" gags me. He can call out racism but support Communist China and its slave labor, etc. So maybe if it was another name besides a terrorist organization, then I could support. I Love HCNB but he is also in a situation where he really has no choice if he wants to survive.

So the last two pages have taught me that black folks just need to start being respectful to police and stop fighting with them so much and they won't get show.

Well damn, it turns out you don't have to be black *or* fight the police to get wantonly murdered by them.

On the bright side neither officer had any charges against them and both got to retire with pension! A happy ending for a group on here, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: coopwvu08
It's called profiling, which is very much necessary. When it comes to violent crime, over 50% of that violent crime comes from 7% of the population(black males). So when such a small percentage makes up most of the violent crimes, more precaution is going to take place. Most non-violent crime comes from white males. Drugs are most likely to be found on a white person, but having drugs isn't violence.

Add to the fact that dense urban areas are where you will find large populations of black people. Where are police stations? Downtown, right beside them. So they will patrol more around that area, which means more contact than what Jim Bob gets out in the sticks or suburbs. More contact = more stops and arrests.

Let's add in the #1 cause for, the broken home. Over 50% of black children grow up without a father. Compare that to only 17% for white children. This is the main issue that keeps black families in poverty and trapped in these urban areas filled with crime.

I could go on, but no need. After all this info, there are still more white people shot by police than black people. The media is running with a false narrative and presenting it as fact. That is wrong.

I agree with everything you say pretty much except for the end. Yea more white people get shot by cops than black people but there are like 4x more white people thank black people. So the ratio is in fact higher for black people. So then the question becomes is it’s for all the reasons you said? Is it cause of racism only? Or maybe even a bit of both?

5) Etc.

Improvement has to begin with, we are the problem, not whitey.

I agree with everything you say pretty much except for the end. Yea more white people get shot by cops than black people but there are like 4x more white people thank black people. So the ratio is in fact higher for black people. So then the question becomes is it’s for all the reasons you said? Is it cause of racism only? Or maybe even a bit of both?
Resisting arrests are the main reasons.

Resisting arrests are the main reasons.
And that approximately 50% of the violent crime in America is committed by blacks. Accordingly, the police are going to have far greater disproportionate contact with blacks than whites; which is going to be reflected in the shootings.

And that approximately 50% of the violent crime in America is committed by blacks. Accordingly, the police are going to have far greater disproportionate contact with blacks than whites; which is going to be reflected in the shootings.

Nobody denies that there are mistakes. Philandro Castillo comes to mind. That cop should still be in prison for what happened on that stop. Guess what? Negligent shootings of white people happen as well. We just don't go burn shit and loot Targets in response. Racism exists for every race on this planet, but this false narrative being spewed everywhere is laughable at best. The media should be embarrassed for pushing the shit. The universities should be embarrassed by pushing the shit.

To be honest, I don't believe I can separate the two. I support all lives and I have not seen the movement around the country to try to include all lives. The "movement" has destroyed black businesses and lives also. Just look at what the movement did to our coach because of his belief in God. He is a good man and his life will always be affected too. LeBron James' "Movement" gags me. He can call out racism but support Communist China and its slave labor, etc. So maybe if it was another name besides a terrorist organization, then I could support. I Love HCNB but he is also in a situation where he really has no choice if he wants to survive.
You are definitely in a difficult situation but it doesn't mean HCNB doesn't believe what he said.

Can’t I be permitted to watch sports for the mere enjoyment ?
What I have experienced so far just turn the game on 5 minutes after scheduled kick and ignore the social justice statement that is read by the commentators. If you do that, you get like 98% football.

So the last two pages have taught me that black folks just need to start being respectful to police and stop fighting with them so much and they won't get show.

Well damn, it turns out you don't have to be black *or* fight the police to get wantonly murdered by them.

On the bright side neither officer had any charges against them and both got to retire with pension! A happy ending for a group on here, I'm sure.
1 caveat there. Shaver took his right arm and reached towards his right hip the instant before the officer shot him. It is clearly visible in the other clip. I'm not saying the officer was justified and there were certainly other avenues the police could have taken, but Shavers reached back after being repeatedly told to keep his hands visible. Not to mention the police were investigating a call about a firearm.

Boy that's a pretty good post on the topic. 1-4 are exactly correct but the problem is we don't hear BLM - the organization, the movement or the activists - seeking those changes. Rather, they just stand in the street and scream BLM over and over, which does nothing.

BLM isn't arguing for these changes; rather, BLM has chosen to make the problems in the black community about race, which is counterproductive and alienates many of the people needed to address the real problems. As long as Coach Brown supports that message, he, the program and the University are part of the problem.
Respectfully, I disagree. Unfortunately, this entire thing has been politicized during an absolutely crazy time in our history. You have all the 2020 issues from the pandemic and its associated impact on the world's economy right smack in the middle of the most divisive political season in the history of the US. A real $h!t sandwich. Of course, the blame for the latter is on the media, but that's another topic.

Napolean once said, "Let China sleep, for when she awakes, she will shake the world". Of course, she has awakened and will be a handful to deal with henceforth. One of the good things about Trump is that he recognized this and is trying to deal with it effectively. Similar to the visible black clouds we witnessed developing over China the past several decades, these racial issues have been rumbling for a long time, like a dormant volcano. And as I mentioned, previous generations of leadership have been relatively ineffective in dealing with the deep complexities that exist in these urban areas. Now, the volcano blew and it isn't going to be easy to deal with for two reasons. The first is that the solutions are extremely complex and will require us to dig much deeper into the socioeconomic problems than we ever have. The other is because of the way this entire thing has been politicized. Even the liberal gang on the BL would agree that there are a lot of angry leftists. They've tried everything to get rid of Trump and have failed. Anger has grown and grown with many now foaming at the mouth with blood-red eyes. Trump, with his continuous divisive rhetoric, is partly to blame because he has fanned these flames from the beginning. That's just his personality. Now, the left thinks it found the perfect way to unseat Trump. Blame him for the COVID deaths and the COVID economy, but seal the deal with a racial revolution that creates continuous chaos. Having said that, my main point is that these racial issues have always been real and must be dealt with in an effective way. Simply pointing fingers at people (like Trump, Gee, Brown, etc.), organizations (like BLM, ANTIFA, Big 12, etc.) and other scapegoats will get us nowhere.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT