ADVERTISEMENT

The Big 12 has more in store for us...

From a spade perspective, I’d rate the following leaving out sci-fi StarWars type stuff:

edit: I left out Armageddon. For it in somewhere in the top 10.

1. Interstellar
2. The Martian
3. Apollo 13
4. Mars (Netflix, 2 seasons, 1st one was the good one, 2nd season is meh)
5. The Right Stuff
6. First Man
7. Contact
8. Away
8. Mission to Mars
9. Space Cowboys

and somewhere waaaaaaaaaay down the list

Ad Astra and a bunch of other bullshit movies like Red Planet.
I love the first 3, along with The Right Stuff, actually I'd rank it higher IMO just because I find the actors seemed to be having fun with the script as it was being shot... and that was the other I was debating Mars? So much better than Away? 1st season as you mention....never seen it

6 pages now...'impressive'... anyway I just wanted in on it to sidetrack a bit... 'Away' on Netflix? Seen any of it, and thumbs up or down if so? From the previews it seems more drama than actual cool special effects, exploration and stuff. Also any other latest recommendations? Thanks.
Sorry buddy, forgot about listing some shows/movies

Unknown origins is fun new movie just released. It’s Spanish movie but dubbed in English. Only about 90 minutes long, action comedy.

Cursed is new series that came out few months ago. It’s a fantasy show that deals with magic, related to King Arthur story but lead actor is female. It’s nothing special but it’s watchable and entertaining.

Bordertown is very good Finnish detective series. I watched it dubbed in English. Pretty dark and twisted. 3 seasons thus far, 2-3 episodes per case

The Protector is a fun fantasy show made in Turkey, it’s dubbed in English. Just released final season few months ago. Nothing special or a great show but it’s fun and entertaining.

The Stranger is good British mystery miniseries. Came out earlier this year. Very good show, solid acting and writing that leaves you on edge until final episode.

Valhalla Murders, very good and dark mystery crime show. Season 1 came out earlier this year. It’s dubbed in English.

Diablero is fun and entertaining. It’s dubbed in English, about chasing demons. I think it’s Mexico show. Not great but watchable and entertaining. Released 2nd season earlier this year, I haven’t seen it yet but 1st season was decent

Warrior Nun is new show just released last month. About a group of nuns fighting demons and Satan. It’s pretty solid, lot of action and some mystery. A thriller for sure.

Lucifer is an awesome show, not sure how to explain it. Guess some mystery and comedy with some action. Lots of comedy though. New season just released few weeks ago, not watched it yet but plan to soon.

I can always relist a bunch of older shows that I posted on here before as there’s a shitload of content on Netflix to watch. I have so much shows in “My list”, haven’t even watched new season of Ozark yet which came out in March. I was very careful over spring and summer to stock up content to watch if case there were no sports and new tv shows/movies were postponed due to delay in productions.

Reactions: torontoeers
Sorry buddy, forgot about listing some shows/movies

Unknown origins is fun new movie just released. It’s Spanish movie but dubbed in English. Only about 90 minutes long, action comedy.

Cursed is new series that came out few months ago. It’s a fantasy show that deals with magic, related to King Arthur story but lead actor is female. It’s nothing special but it’s watchable and entertaining.

Bordertown is very good Finnish detective series. I watched it dubbed in English. Pretty dark and twisted. 3 seasons thus far, 2-3 episodes per case

The Protector is a fun fantasy show made in Turkey, it’s dubbed in English. Just released final season few months ago. Nothing special or a great show but it’s fun and entertaining.

The Stranger is good British mystery miniseries. Came out earlier this year. Very good show, solid acting and writing that leaves you on edge until final episode.

Valhalla Murders, very good and dark mystery crime show. Season 1 came out earlier this year. It’s dubbed in English.

Diablero is fun and entertaining. It’s dubbed in English, about chasing demons. I think it’s Mexico show. Not great but watchable and entertaining. Released 2nd season earlier this year, I haven’t seen it yet but 1st season was decent

Warrior Nun is new show just released last month. About a group of nuns fighting demons and Satan. It’s pretty solid, lot of action and some mystery. A thriller for sure.

Lucifer is an awesome show, not sure how to explain it. Guess some mystery and comedy with some action. Lots of comedy though. New season just released few weeks ago, not watched it yet but plan to soon.

I can always relist a bunch of older shows that I posted on here before as there’s a shitload of content on Netflix to watch. I have so much shows in “My list”, haven’t even watched new season of Ozark yet which came out in March. I was very careful over spring and summer to stock up content to watch if case there were no sports and new tv shows/movies were postponed due to delay in productions.
Gentleman and scholar thank you....appreciated...
We are in and out of Lucifer as it's kinda fun, and he is definitely star of the show, awesome actor amongst a lessor cast imo. Valhalla I have thought on so will give it a go...Bordertown as well.
Have you seen 'Into The Night'? If not give it a try...we quite liked it, pretty edge of seat in 1/2 hr or so episodes 6 I think in total.
Also...loved The Stranger. Well done show imo

Gentleman and scholar thank you....appreciated...
We are in and out of Lucifer as it's kinda fun, and he is definitely star of the show, awesome actor amongst a lessor cast imo. Valhalla I have thought on so will give it a go...Bordertown as well.
Have you seen 'Into The Night'? If not give it a try...we quite liked it, pretty edge of seat in 1/2 hr or so episodes 6 I think in total.
Also...loved The Stranger. Well done show imo
I watched 1 episode of Into the Night but wasn’t feeling it. However I will go back and finish it. I just got so much content to watch. The Boys season 2 just dropped last Friday but only 3 episodes with 1 new episode coming out each Friday. Not sure why that is as Amazon never done that before. Amazon has always been similar to Netflix, all at once. Guess I’ll be waiting until October when entire season is out to binge it 1 weekend

I love the first 3, along with The Right Stuff, actually I'd rank it higher IMO just because I find the actors seemed to be having fun with the script as it was being shot... and that was the other I was debating Mars? So much better than Away? 1st season as you mention....never seen it
Mars is like a docudrama. Really interesting. Lots of science. It’s basically, 5-10 minutes of show about a situation on Mars and then 5 minutes of documentary on what we’re doing right now to address it. There’s a whole roadmap we have going on to get us to Mars and all of the science behind planning for it.

Amazing show.

@Gold-n-Blue I just scrolled 5 damn pages, anticipating your response......I'm still waiting. Are you still looking up the statistics???? ;) Good luck!

Stats don't tell the story. There is no denying that young black men commit much of the crime in the US and we have a lot of black on black crime. You have to go beyond the stats. Why are these young black men stuck in this cycle? I think the reasons for this are complex, not simple. The police aren't the direct problem, they are just a symptom.

I think one of the problems we have is tied to inner city crime and the volume of guns in the country. We have people armed to the teeth, the police are on edge so they come in heavy handed out of safety and necessity. I don't think the answer is gun control, but that is the dynamic we have. How do we fix that?

My problem with how much of the Blue Lot and White America is 1) we don't acknowledge there is a problem at all and 2) we try and make it a simple issue. We need more critical thinking in the equation. These young people aren't upset for no reason and they aren't all just stupid...

Stats don't tell the story. There is no denying that young black men commit much of the crime in the US and we have a lot of black on black crime. You have to go beyond the stats. Why are these young black men stuck in this cycle? I think the reasons for this are complex, not simple. The police aren't the direct problem, they are just a symptom.

I think one of the problems we have is tied to inner city crime and the volume of guns in the country. We have people armed to the teeth, the police are on edge so they come in heavy handed out of safety and necessity. I don't think the answer is gun control, but that is the dynamic we have. How do we fix that?

My problem with how much of the Blue Lot and White America is 1) we don't acknowledge there is a problem at all and 2) we try and make it a simple issue. We need more critical thinking in the equation. These young people aren't upset for no reason and they aren't all just stupid...
Trump loves redlining and doesn't want them moving out of the housing developments, not helpful. Beware suburban housewives!

What is the #1 cause for poor black families in urban areas staying poor and unable to improve their lifestyle? The undeniable #1 answer is single parent homes. Fathers refusing to raise their children as a family. Who's fault is that? The white man's? The cops? No, it's their own damn fault.

I have already made a lengthy post on what the issues are. You won't respond to that. I'm not going to repeat everything again.

Democrat policies in urban settings for decades and decades? Giving hand outs instead of hand ups?

C'mon, you can't ignore stats when they don't fit your narrative. A big part of the problem is the education they are getting, leading them to believe that they're victims. They aren't being taught that they control their own destiny. Where is self accountability? I don't believe it's just a race issue. It's a people issue. When parents do a poor job raising their children AND the education they get is subpar and teaches them to be victims then the likelyhood of them succeeding goes WAY down and the likelyhood of them being an asshole goes way up. I will agree it's worse within the black community but you better believe there are plenty of white dirtballs too. It has nothing to do with the color of your skin. Check out arre.st. I live in Marshall County, WV. Plenty of white dirt balls here. I know plenty of successful, well to do black people in this area. It's about self accountability. Let's stop creating victims!

Last edited:
Trump loves redlining and doesn't want them moving out of the housing developments, not helpful. Beware suburban housewives!
Your defense of Trump on this subject is to say hey how about that other guy? got it, thanks.
You're pretty dense aren't ya? I didn't feel the need to defend Trump, just wanted to point out how silly your original statement blaming Trump for "keeping THEM from moving out of housing developments" was. I honestly don't hold your demigod responsible either. I hold people accountable for their own action or inaction.

You're pretty dense aren't ya? I didn't feel the need to defend Trump, just wanted to point out how silly your original statement blaming Trump for "keeping THEM from moving out of housing developments" was. I honestly don't hold your demigod responsible either. I hold people accountable for their own action or inaction.
Trump says he’ll keep low-income housing out of suburbs as he rescinds Obama-era anti-segregation regulation
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/p...eated-to-combat-racial-segregation-2020-07-02

Trump says he’ll keep low-income housing out of suburbs as he rescinds Obama-era anti-segregation regulation
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/p...eated-to-combat-racial-segregation-2020-07-02
Well yea. Who wants shitty townhouses built in their nice neighborhood? It depreciates the value of the homes that were already there. Is that fair to the people who worked hard and bought homes in the neighborhood they chose? There's not a racial part to this. Either you can afford to buy a house in the neighborhood you want to live in or you can't. If you can't, save your money, work harder, then some day you can. I love the very biased article you posted.

"Past research has shown that low-income housing doesn’t necessarily lead to a decline in home values. A 2016 study from Zillow ZG, +0.32% subsidiary Trulia found that low-income housing projects in the 20 least affordable housing markets nationwide caused no significant effect on home values, with only a couple of exceptions."

Too bad it doesn't go into detail on the exceptions. If you don't think that low income housing decreases home values, then you're a special kind of stupid. I'm sure you believe that Ben Carson, a black man, is just an Uncle Tom that wants to discriminate against black people.

BTW, the author of that article is a flaming liberal (SURPRISE).

Reactions: michaelgpierce21
Well yea. Who wants shitty townhouses built in their nice neighborhood? It depreciates the value of the homes that were already there. Is that fair to the people who worked hard and bought homes in the neighborhood they chose? There's not a racial part to this. Either you can afford to buy a house in the neighborhood you want to live in or you can't. If you can't, save your money, work harder, then some day you can. I love the very biased article you posted.

"Past research has shown that low-income housing doesn’t necessarily lead to a decline in home values. A 2016 study from Zillow ZG, +0.32% subsidiary Trulia found that low-income housing projects in the 20 least affordable housing markets nationwide caused no significant effect on home values, with only a couple of exceptions."

Too bad it doesn't go into detail on the exceptions. If you don't think that low income housing decreases home values, then you're a special kind of stupid. I'm sure you believe that Ben Carson, a black man, is just an Uncle Tom that wants to discriminate against black people.

I'm sorry that the info was upsetting.

That made sense until, "My problem with how much of the Blue Lot and White America is 1) we don't acknowledge there is a problem at all."

That is just not true. We all agree there is a problem. It is identifying the problem that is the issue. The black and woke communities say it is the white devil. Statistics say otherwise. The day whitey is the biggest problem facing the black community will be a great day in the black community.

Last edited:
I love how you think that. If only Hilary won, the crime rate would be zero and there would be no ghettos. It would be a true utopia! I’m sure Biden can have the same impact. Fact is both parties suck. Trump is his own worst enemy, and Hilary/Biden good lord. And thread lock in 3..... 2........

That made sense until, "My problem with how much of the Blue Lot and White America is 1) we don't acknowledge there is a problem at all."

That is just not true. We all agree there is a problem. It is identifying the problem that is the issue. The black and woke communities say it is the white devil. Statistics say otherwise. The day whitey is the biggest problem facing the black community will be a great day in the black community.

I think there is a SIGNIFICANT amount of people who think there is no real problem, it is all on the black community and entirely there fault. And I get it, I have been a big advocate of personal responsibility for your own actions. But we have systemic issues that are HARD to overcome, that needs to be fixed. Criminal justice reform is needed. Why in the world do we incarcerate at such a high level in this country? Do we really think America creates more criminals?

I think there is a SIGNIFICANT amount of people who think there is no real problem, it is all on the black community and entirely there fault. And I get it, I have been a big advocate of personal responsibility for your own actions. But we have systemic issues that are HARD to overcome, that needs to be fixed. Criminal justice reform is needed. Why in the world do we incarcerate at such a high level in this country? Do we really think America creates more criminals?

The legal system is being addressed for the first time since 1994 by the Trump Team. Please give one systemic issue that is impacting moonrises today...I am only asking for one...and incarcerations are already being addressed.

Reactions: drumeer
Maybe you didn’t hear about it, the MSM certainly has been trying to keep it under wraps. Trump’s admin passed some historic criminal justice reform in the First Step Act to address the very systemic issue you’re talking about.

He’s also doing school choice. Again, giving disadvantaged urban children a real chance at an education, again, fought tooth and nail by the left due to their being beholden to the Teacher’s Union. Also, long term funding for HBCUs - Trump

Community investment....Tax incentive for the investment into urban opportunity zones which creates jobs, minority business ownership, which breeds further reduced reliance on Govt. - Trump

Bringing blue collar jobs back from overseas, predominantly impacting minority communities - Trump

It’s hilarious to watch people try and pillory him when some of his biggest policy wins have been directly beneficial to the minority communities.

Maybe you didn’t hear about it, the MSM certainly has been trying to keep it under wraps. Trump’s admin passed some historic criminal justice reform in the First Step Act to address the very systemic issue you’re talking about.

He’s also doing school choice. Again, giving disadvantaged urban children a real chance at an education, again, fought tooth and nail by the left due to their being beholden to the Teacher’s Union. Also, long term funding for HBCUs - Trump

Community investment....Tax incentive for the investment into urban opportunity zones which creates jobs, minority business ownership, which breeds further reduced reliance on Govt. - Trump

Bringing blue collar jobs back from overseas, predominantly impacting minority communities - Trump

It’s hilarious to watch people try and pillory him when some of his biggest policy wins have been directly beneficial to the minority communities.

Wasting your time. Most have lost the ability to think on their own and/or have been trained not to.

The media and some bad cops set race relations back 50 years and it’s going to be solved by helmet stickers and end zone messages....good luck with that.

Reactions: WVU86

Like the trailer parks around me.....talk about bringing property value down.....shew.

It's actually pretty racist and quite telling that you equate low income housing to black people.

Yep.

Also, why not build low income housing where there aren't any developments? There is plenty of land in the suburbs. Stop ruining housing developments by putting in 3 story apartment complexes.

Reactions: wvu2007
Watching it now. You pegged it. I’m 7 or 8 episodes in and it’s mostly drama. Kind of disappointed. Not much space stuff, no lasers, no aliens, just drama in the crew, their back stories and Interpersonal crew drama.

I recommend Arrival. Love the movie and leaves you with an absolute gut punch to the stomach with the ending.

I just can't let this go either...College is not for everyone...nor does it infer intelligence...a person working at a Toyota plant is not a bad person...In fact, a person working at a Toyota plant will out earn 70% of college grads. You brag about living in West Chester...a white suburb outside of NYC. You have commented about how you moved out of the city due to "who" lived there. You made fun of a community named New Rochelle for being inferior to West Chester...You have made fun of gays and stated that is why you left the city...but please...enlighten us about race relations and minorities.

You have recently made fun a fellow black Mountaineer because of his profession that puts food on the table....but I want hear about your views on minorities...it gets old!
Can we like this 1k times? Nothing worse than some eurotrash white guilt liberal who looks down his nose at a black man for his opinions simply because he is a car salesman then lecturing me on having opinions simply because I am a proud West Virginian. He can talk to me when I run out of douche and need another bag.

Can we like this 1k times? Nothing worse than some eurotrash white guilt liberal who looks down his nose at a black man for his opinions simply because he is a car salesman then lecturing me on having opinions simply because I am a proud West Virginian. He can talk to me when I run out of douche and need another bag.

dedhoops went on a similar unhinged rant last night like nyceer

@atlkvb is the weakest and most pathetic of all of you.....he works a menial job, he claims to have gone to college, maybe WVU, but most likely not.....he has a old, fat wife with five ugly ass daughters.....probably uneducated as well.....he comes here to feel important and he uses his infinity for clever dialogue to make you guys laugh.....he feels that you like him for this, but the reality is, you see him the same way as the rest of the world does......you talk a great game, you over promise and under deliver and you probably have your entire life.....no one really looks up to you and outside of this message board, you are probably a man with few hobbies and really no friends. You are here to escape your loneliness and you crave attention....any attention....

You do clever memes......I just do it old school...

dedhoops went on a similar unhinged rant last night like nyceer
White liberals have a very difficult time with educated intelligent and wealthy black dudes. From knox being destoried by BigLickMountee to atl abusing kuntry to the poin 3k went full racetard, this board has always shown the fine hypocrisy of self loathing white guilt kunts.

Reactions: wvu2007
White liberals have a very difficult time with educated intelligent and wealthy black dudes. From knox being destoried by BigLickMountee to atl abusing kuntry to the poin 3k went full racetard, this board has always shown the fine hypocrisy of self loathing white guilt kunts.

dedhoops is also the loser who wanted to threaten members until I called his bluff a few weeks ago and then he went quiet and didn’t respond. I’ve also told them to put their money where their mouth is, and they refuse any ban bet like the pansies they are,

Reactions: drumeer and 30CAT
dedhoops is also the loser who wanted to threaten members until I called his bluff a few weeks ago and then he went quiet and didn’t respond. I’ve also told them to put their money where their mouth is, and they refuse any ban bet like the pansies they are,
For some reason he wants to bet me instead of you. Probably because I have mentioned I dont make bets like that so it is easy to challenge me.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
You call it anti segregation regulations. I call it taking away freedom. People should have local control of zoning of their own communities. The federal government dictating the demographics and housing of a community is tyranny.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT