ADVERTISEMENT

The Big 12 has more in store for us...

How about the black police chief who was killed by a black rioter? Or the HUNDREDS of black deaths in Chicago by other black hands this year? Or unborn black deaths via abortion?

That’s what people mean by a false narrative. Only if it fits their agenda - or your’s, apparently.
or this

Who would have thought that kneeling and stickers would make grown adult men feel triggered, it’s crazy how so many adults are angered by this. Why do people care so much about what others do that don’t affect them? It’s silliness
6 pages now...'impressive'... anyway I just wanted in on it to sidetrack a bit... 'Away' on Netflix? Seen any of it, and thumbs up or down if so? From the previews it seems more drama than actual cool special effects, exploration and stuff. Also any other latest recommendations? Thanks.

Reactions: WoodlandWhitt
6 pages now...'impressive'... anyway I just wanted in on it to sidetrack a bit... 'Away' on Netflix? Seen any of it, and thumbs up or down if so? From the previews it seems more drama than actual cool special effects, exploration and stuff. Also any other latest recommendations? Thanks.
"All American" Not a bad series. It's different from the usual genre of series I'm into: Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Vikings, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood, The WIre, Californication. It's more in line with Entourage, which was a good series as well.

Reactions: torontoeers
Watching it now. You pegged it. I’m 7 or 8 episodes in and it’s mostly drama. Kind of disappointed. Not much space stuff, no lasers, no aliens, just drama in the crew, their back stories and Interpersonal crew drama.

Yea there are a whole lot of racists, I mean prejudice people errr white WVU fans that “have a black friend” posting here. Kinda gross actually.

@Mitch D. posted the words “facts” approximately 1200 times yet hasn’t posted one article to back up any stance (I skipped the last two pages so please direct me otherwise)

Simple question for you all...all things being exactly the same, would you prefer to be black?

Or here’s an even easier one...if your kid was pulled over by a police officer, would you prefer them to be black or white?

Reactions: moe
LOL all you want, even most black people will admit it.

Education is either frowned on as "not being cool" or "trying to be like the white man".

It's well documented.
Well documented? Please let me see what documents you are reading.

Reactions: moe
Painting that broad of a brush is ridiculous, I agree. It's hard to argue that, culturally, the emphasis on education for a lot of black Americans is what it should be. There are a lot of black people, as well as many different POC immigrants, that do focus highly on education and avoiding trouble and are excelling in this country. I'm not suggesting that's all this is and that's the only solution to solve all social issues, but it's certainly a big factor. I also can only speak to my experience, but growing up in a community that was rather diverse by WV standards (Beckley), it was incredibly clear who was going to be successful based off of values during that time.
Schools in white districts across the country have more resources than those in black districts. Even those that want to succeed can’t, because they don’t have the necessary resources. They have been discriminated against in college admissions as well for numerous reasons. The SAT and ACT as well as many other standardized tests have questions geared more toward white people than black, which probably want done on purpose but illustrates the uphill battle many black people have when it comes to education.

It has zero to do with education being cool. That is one of the most ignorant statements I’ve ever heard. I thought that way of thinking went away 20 years ago. Guess not in some places.

I can say the same thing for my white high school friends that had no intention of going to college, got a job at a Toyota plant, got married at age 20, kids at age 19, and have the same hair cut and white washed jeans they did in high school. It has zero to do with skin color.

Yea there are a whole lot of racists, I mean prejudice people errr white WVU fans that “have a black friend” posting here. Kinda gross actually.

@Mitch D. posted the words “facts” approximately 1200 times yet hasn’t posted one article to back up any stance (I skipped the last two pages so please direct me otherwise)

Simple question for you all...all things being exactly the same, would you prefer to be black?

Or here’s an even easier one...if your kid was pulled over by a police officer, would you prefer them to be black or white?
A couple of the pages have been pretty gross, that's for sure lol.

A couple of the pages have been pretty gross, that's for sure lol.
2 pages of Jimmy the Greek. Blacks are bred to think education is uncool...by people from or who live in one of the most uneducated states in the country.

"All American" Not a bad series. It's different from the usual genre of series I'm into: Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Vikings, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood, The WIre, Californication. It's more in line with Entourage, which was a good series as well.
Love Vikings...they've only released 3 seasons up here and we are in wait mode, champing at the bit...makes me wish I watched when originally released on History channel...imo no better show for some good blood and gore, with historical character development. A winner.

Reactions: WVUkegkiller
I’d prefer them to be respectful and 100% compliant. Pretty much the only 2 things required to not get a bullet in the ass.

LIEUTENANT DAN .... ICE CREEAAAAMMMMM!

-4067416243009486061.jpg

Schools in white districts across the country have more resources than those in black districts. Even those that want to succeed can’t, because they don’t have the necessary resources. They have been discriminated against in college admissions as well for numerous reasons. The SAT and ACT as well as many other standardized tests have questions geared more toward white people than black, which probably want done on purpose but illustrates the uphill battle many black people have when it comes to education.

It has zero to do with education being cool. That is one of the most ignorant statements I’ve ever heard. I thought that way of thinking went away 20 years ago. Guess not in some places.

I can say the same thing for my white high school friends that had no intention of going to college, got a job at a Toyota plant, got married at age 20, kids at age 19, and have the same hair cut and white washed jeans they did in high school. It has zero to do with skin color.

I just can't let this go either...College is not for everyone...nor does it infer intelligence...a person working at a Toyota plant is not a bad person...In fact, a person working at a Toyota plant will out earn 70% of college grads. You brag about living in West Chester...a white suburb outside of NYC. You have commented about how you moved out of the city due to "who" lived there. You made fun of a community named New Rochelle for being inferior to West Chester...You have made fun of gays and stated that is why you left the city...but please...enlighten us about race relations and minorities.

You have recently made fun a fellow black Mountaineer because of his profession that puts food on the table....but I want hear about your views on minorities...it gets old!

I prefer them to simply comply.....including my black daughter-in-law.

2 pages of Jimmy the Greek. Blacks are bred to think education is uncool...by people from or who live in one of the most uneducated states in the country.

You just posted jokes about a black Mountaineer for what he does for a living...and we want to hear about your views on diversity. You make fun of gay people...but we want to hear about your views on minorities...tell the Blue Lot who you really are!

Reactions: WVUkegkiller
Ugh...ok, so a pass then for that aspect...
From a spade perspective, I’d rate the following leaving out sci-fi StarWars type stuff:

edit: I left out Armageddon. For it in somewhere in the top 10.

1. Interstellar
2. The Martian
3. Apollo 13
4. Mars (Netflix, 2 seasons, 1st one was the good one, 2nd season is meh)
5. The Right Stuff
6. First Man
7. Contact
8. Away
8. Mission to Mars
9. Space Cowboys

and somewhere waaaaaaaaaay down the list

Ad Astra and a bunch of other bullshit movies like Red Planet.

Last edited:
That’s not true.
Maybe not 100% but it is true in about 99.99999999999% of instances. In 100% of the ones that have been discussed in mass, they all have 1 thing in common and it starts with non-compliance and resisting arrest. The 3 big ones so far this year, Blake, Floyd, and the Guy in ATL, they’ve all been at fault and complicit in their outcome.

I just can't let this go either...College is not for everyone...nor does it infer intelligence...a person working at a Toyota plant is not a bad person...In fact, a person working at a Toyota plant will out earn 70% of college grads. You brag about living in West Chester...a white suburb outside of NYC. You have commented about how you moved out of the city due to "who" lived there. You made fun of a community named New Rochelle for being inferior to West Chester...You have made fun of gays and stated that is why you left the city...but please...enlighten us about race relations and minorities.

You have recently made fun a fellow black Mountaineer because of his profession that puts food on the table....but I want hear about your views on minorities...it gets old!
I’ve made fun of your sorry ass too. So I’m an equal opportunity kind of guy.

And by definition if you don’t go to college you are considered uneducated. So, there a lot of dudes in here that are uneducated and whom didn’t go to college saying black people that didn’t either done value education. Hypocrites.

And by definition if you don’t go to college you are considered uneducated. So, there a lot of dudes in here that are uneducated and whom didn’t go to college saying black people that didn’t either done value education. Hypocrites.

Wow...thanks for truly letting everyone know who you are. Thank you!

From Cambridge English:

uneducated
adjective

US

/ʌnˈedʒ.ə.keɪ.t̬ɪd/ UK

/ʌnˈedʒ.u.keɪ.tɪd/

having received little or no education

Last edited:

Apparently they never heard about your extensive expertise on the subject:

"Pundits regularly claim that the “acting white” charge is mythical, uncomfortable with the possibility that a black problem could not be due to racism. However, this resistance neglects various studies that confirm the “acting white” charge’s reality and effects..."

By whose definition?

here is the video. I’m flying so not sure the link will open up.
So, shut up and pay?

A bit hypocritical from the crowd that decries shut up and dribble. Of course, we respect them as people, businessmen, fathers, and neighbors. They want to be heeded, but not listen. That’s not dialogue. Or learning. Or leadership. Or maturation.

Reactions: wvmoose
It's called profiling, which is very much necessary. When it comes to violent crime, over 50% of that violent crime comes from 7% of the population(black males). So when such a small percentage makes up most of the violent crimes, more precaution is going to take place. Most non-violent crime comes from white males. Drugs are most likely to be found on a white person, but having drugs isn't violence.

Add to the fact that dense urban areas are where you will find large populations of black people. Where are police stations? Downtown, right beside them. So they will patrol more around that area, which means more contact than what Jim Bob gets out in the sticks or suburbs. More contact = more stops and arrests.

Let's add in the #1 cause for, the broken home. Over 50% of black children grow up without a father. Compare that to only 17% for white children. This is the main issue that keeps black families in poverty and trapped in these urban areas filled with crime.

I could go on, but no need. After all this info, there are still more white people shot by police than black people. The media is running with a false narrative and presenting it as fact. That is wrong.
Profiling happens all the time and it happens to white people as well. Profilings happens when a person looks out of place in a certain area. Ask any police officer that is close to you and they will tell you. If a white person that looks like a meth head drives or walks thru a good community they will be stopped and questioned. It has very little to do with color it has more to do with known criminal activity in the area. Also crime by a large amount is centered around poverty. Poverty has the same affect no matter ones color. Southern wv has the same issues most inner cities. The issues are passed from generation to generation. It’s a cycle that just keeps on repeating. I’m not saying there isn’t racism, I’m just saying it not as big of a factor that’s being portrayed. If you have traveled in wv you will see the same issues in our own state and the majority are white. Long post but I agree 100% that it’s all about getting people to work and out of poverty.

I really don't think you guys get it. You are going 1 level deep. So why are there so many black people in just 1 area of Chicago stuck in poverty killing themselves? What are the factors that led to this? The police are necessary, have a tough job but need better at deescalation training. It is as simple as that.

BLM is focusing on the wrong things. The police aren't the problem. They are a symptom of the overall problem, which is getting the minority population elevated.
Indeed, police are necessary. But, from what I’ve seen through many prisms, we have a problem with the way we police in this country.

You’re spot on that it seems everybody is one level deep, but we’re on shallow levels of different, but intersecting topics. There are multiple, multi-faceted problems with race relations (real or perceived), poverty, urban governance, policing policy, training, and tactics, and anybody can add six more.
There’s the shitting on WV’ians from you. It was only a matter of time. Pegging 1.8 million people on the posts of like 5 and again falsely equating “education” with intelligence and morals. Thanks for delivering.

Reactions: BoHed
Great point! And well said. The state of West Virginia has a low population of black people yet is one of the least educated states in the entire country. It’s not just a black issue. Time to work together.
I am so f’ing tired with the false equivalence between modern “education” and intelligence, utility to society, and morals. Higher “education” in the country is way off the rails.

I am so f’ing tired with the false equivalence between modern “education” and intelligence, utility to society, and morals. Higher “education” in the country is way off the rails.

The world is overflowing with educated idiots.

Wisdom always has ... and always will ... thwart perceived acumen based on flimsy pieces of paper.

Have two diplomas myself and they are about the most worthless "achievements" I harvested when compared to sages I learned from. Learned more in 1 week of patient care than I ever did in the 4 years pursuing that piece of paper. Learned more from two gurus, neither of which were college educated.

Of course, you can learn equally as well from fools as you can from sages, as Stephen Tyler can attest.

Secondly, morality and wonks have NOTHING in common. They tend to be the most immoral (and oblivious) people on the planet and the irony is the same people that present themselves as looking down on others couldn't last 5 minutes in any serious theological debate.

Now watch the jackass (who claims to have me on "Ignore) chime in after he somehow discovers a way to read my posts even though I am on ... (cough, cough) ... "Ignore".

I owe that bitch rent since I live in his head.

Reactions: eerlite and BoHed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT