ADVERTISEMENT

Stormy Daniels' lawyer: Cohen may have used money from Putin-tied company in hush money deal

no wonder that dumb bastard is on cnn everyday...

he's paying off his tax bill...

lying and making up lies to stay there...

I don’t think you realize what you’re seeing.

I'll tell you what I'm seeing: Avenatti claims Novartis hired Cohen's shell company, Essential Consultants, and Novartis has confirmed it. Avenatti claims AT&T paid Cohen, AT&T confirms it.

Avenatti says "Viktory."

I'll tell you what I'm seeing: Avenatti claims Novartis hired Cohen's shell company, Essential Consultants, and Novartis has confirmed it. Avenatti claims AT&T paid Cohen, AT&T confirms it.

Avenatti says "Viktory."
You guys got him now!!

Avenatti says "Viktory."
SOOOOO.....what does any of that have anything to do with President Trump.......good luck with that one.

SOOOOO.....what does any of that have anything to do with President Trump.......good luck with that one.
They think they will be able to squeeze Cohen into flipping on Trump. Problem here is that there isn’t anything to squeeze for.

Reactions: bornaneer

I'm glad you asked.

First, the story it tells undercuts the accounts given by Trump and another of his attorneys, Rudy Giuliani, about the payments to Daniels. Giuliani has said Trump wasn't aware at the time about what his retainer to Cohen was buying — the Daniels agreement or anything else — and didn't learn about it until recently. But Trump said Giuliani didn't have a good grasp of the facts, without substituting any of his own.

If that is because Trump knew he hadn't reimbursed Cohen, or knew that Vekselberg had underwritten the nondisclosure agreement, that is a big deal. It would confirm his awareness of a financial relationship between Trump's camp and a Russian oligarch whom the United States included in the list of people hit by economic restrictions earlier this year in retaliation for the election interference.

Second, the story appears to depict a previously unknown influence business that Cohen was running early in the Trump administration, apparently selling his access to corporate clients. Companies including AT&T wanted to know what to make of Trump and his advisers and evidently were paying Cohen to find out.

It's also significant because in October of 2016, AT&T announced that it wanted to buy media conglomerate Time Warner, which owns CNN. The cable network is a frequent target of Trump's and vice versa. The Trump administration opposes the putative merger.

In another case, the payments may have bought simple facetime: Trump met with the CEOs of Novartis and Bayer in January when he flew to Switzerland for the World Economic Forum.

Third, and more broadly, Avenatti's document changes the nature of the Russia imbroglio from a story about potential personal relationships and long-term conspiracy to one about money and payments.

Were other powerful Russians other than Vekselberg paying people in the Trump camp? If so, when did those payments begin and what did they buy? How much of the money is traceable?

Avenatti's material suggests the Treasury Department and the special counsel's office have bank and other records documenting wire transfers. There also have been indications, however, that special counsel investigators may be looking into whether powerful Russians have flown cash into the United States for use as part of influence campaigns here.

Trump and supporters dismiss all this. The president cites the clean bill of health he received from the Republican majority on the House intelligence committee that cleared him and his campaign of any wrongdoing. The Senate intelligence committee and Justice Department investigations that continue, he says, are just a "witch hunt."

Trump hasn't alluded directly to the most recent round of reports about Avenatti, Cohen, Daniels and Vekselberg, but he did renew a standing complaint on Wednesday about what he called the blanket unfairness in the coverage he receives.

"The Fake News is working overtime," he wrote on Twitter. "Just reported that, despite the tremendous success we are having with the economy & all things else, 91% of the Network News about me is negative (Fake). Why do we work so hard in working with the media when it is corrupt? Take away credentials?"

Reactions: CpEER and bamaEER
They think they will be able to squeeze Cohen into flipping on Trump. Problem here is that there isn’t anything to squeeze for.
Exactly as I see it. One thing we can be sure about....It will never be about collusion. They are grasping at straws in trying to make a case for obstruction. They are also trying to ensnare anyone associated with Trump and eventually Trump in the perjury trap. That's their only hope.

I'm glad you asked.

First, the story it tells undercuts the accounts given by Trump and another of his attorneys, Rudy Giuliani, about the payments to Daniels. Giuliani has said Trump wasn't aware at the time about what his retainer to Cohen was buying — the Daniels agreement or anything else — and didn't learn about it until recently. But Trump said Giuliani didn't have a good grasp of the facts, without substituting any of his own.

If that is because Trump knew he hadn't reimbursed Cohen, or knew that Vekselberg had underwritten the nondisclosure agreement, that is a big deal. It would confirm his awareness of a financial relationship between Trump's camp and a Russian oligarch whom the United States included in the list of people hit by economic restrictions earlier this year in retaliation for the election interference.

Second, the story appears to depict a previously unknown influence business that Cohen was running early in the Trump administration, apparently selling his access to corporate clients. Companies including AT&T wanted to know what to make of Trump and his advisers and evidently were paying Cohen to find out.

It's also significant because in October of 2016, AT&T announced that it wanted to buy media conglomerate Time Warner, which owns CNN. The cable network is a frequent target of Trump's and vice versa. The Trump administration opposes the putative merger.

In another case, the payments may have bought simple facetime: Trump met with the CEOs of Novartis and Bayer in January when he flew to Switzerland for the World Economic Forum.

Third, and more broadly, Avenatti's document changes the nature of the Russia imbroglio from a story about potential personal relationships and long-term conspiracy to one about money and payments.

Were other powerful Russians other than Vekselberg paying people in the Trump camp? If so, when did those payments begin and what did they buy? How much of the money is traceable?

Avenatti's material suggests the Treasury Department and the special counsel's office have bank and other records documenting wire transfers. There also have been indications, however, that special counsel investigators may be looking into whether powerful Russians have flown cash into the United States for use as part of influence campaigns here.

Trump and supporters dismiss all this. The president cites the clean bill of health he received from the Republican majority on the House intelligence committee that cleared him and his campaign of any wrongdoing. The Senate intelligence committee and Justice Department investigations that continue, he says, are just a "witch hunt."

Trump hasn't alluded directly to the most recent round of reports about Avenatti, Cohen, Daniels and Vekselberg, but he did renew a standing complaint on Wednesday about what he called the blanket unfairness in the coverage he receives.

"The Fake News is working overtime," he wrote on Twitter. "Just reported that, despite the tremendous success we are having with the economy & all things else, 91% of the Network News about me is negative (Fake). Why do we work so hard in working with the media when it is corrupt? Take away credentials?"
As I pointed out in my last post.......your only hope is perjury.....but that's all you might get.

If you honestly believe that, you are dumber than I thought you were.

You are consistently wrong on most things that you post on here and you have some nerve constantly referring to other people as dumb when you don't even know what race you are.

Reactions: WVU82
I'm glad you asked.

LOL Countryroads copying and pasting a left wing site and doesn't link to...

#1 Show it's origination from a left wing site.
#2 Try to sound smarter than he actually is.

Reactions: atlkvb
LOL Countryroads copying and pasting a left wing site and doesn't link to...

#1 Show it's origination from a left wing site.
#2 Try to sound smarter than he actually is.

NPR is left wing?

LMAO.

I never pretended it was mine.

Yes but not nearly as much so as NBC and CNN.
NPR/PBS does a decent job of reporting news and not just salacious ratings/click whoring reporting that the rest of the media does. And, yes, they do have a liberal bent to their coverage. Still one of my favorites.

Reactions: bamaEER and wvu2007
NPR CEO: Jarl Mohn

He served as the chair of the Southern California ACLU for 15 years.[10]

Mohn joined NPR as CEO in on July 1, 2014, a choice described as "unlikely" given his lack of experience with either journalism or public media.[11]

Political activity
Mohn has contributed to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, Gephardt for President, Gore 2000, John Kerry for President, McCain 2000, Obama Victory Fund 2012, and the Progressive Patriots Fund[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarl_Mohn#cite_note-Hanson_2015-10

Reactions: WVU82
You are just a little mad I see.

That ingenious pull you ran and the exposure it provided for Countryroads 89 will forever go down in history on this board as a classic thread of truth justice and the American way.:eek:kay:

Reactions: wvu2007
Yes but not nearly as much so as NBC and CNN.

For funsies, please list all the media you believe to be left leaning. And then all the ones you believe to be moderate and those that you feel to be right leaning.

This is actually a question to all who believe that mainstream media has a liberal bias. Consider this a survey.

NPR/PBS does a decent job of reporting news and not just salacious ratings/click whoring reporting that the rest of the media does. And, yes, they do have a liberal bent to their coverage. Still one of my favorites.

Very little of the mainstream media today is what I would call objective or balanced but they probably come as close as one could reasonably expect given their source of funding.

NPR CEO: Jarl Mohn

He served as the chair of the Southern California ACLU for 15 years.[10]

Mohn joined NPR as CEO in on July 1, 2014, a choice described as "unlikely" given his lack of experience with either journalism or public media.[11]

Political activity
Mohn has contributed to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, Gephardt for President, Gore 2000, John Kerry for President, McCain 2000, Obama Victory Fund 2012, and the Progressive Patriots Fund[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarl_Mohn#cite_note-Hanson_2015-10

It doesn’t get more lefty commie than the America Civil Liberties Union.

I listen to NPR on my drive home every night. Agreed on their reporting news with a liberal tilt, but I think it’s impossible not to. Just the nature of the profession and personalities. Somehow, conservatism is emotionally not appealing to the soul. It takes logic and reason above emotion and that’s just not a common trait amongst journalists from a psychological perspective.

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
For funsies, please list all the media you believe to be left leaning. And then all the ones you believe to be moderate and those that you feel to be right leaning.

This is actually a question to all who believe that mainstream media has a liberal bias. Consider this a survey.

Off the top of my head
Left: ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, Reuters, AP, WAPO, NYT, LA Times, AJC, (really just about all major daily newspapers.

Right:
Fox news, NewsMax, most of AM talk radio, Patriot on Sirrius, Wall Street Journal Editorial page, NY Post, San Diego Union, Dallas Morning News, Townhall.com

Straight down the middle:

NPR, The Hill, Economist, Investor's Business Daily, Financial Times, Stratfor, Real Clear politics, Mail One, Drudge Report.

Kook fringe Left:

Mother Jones, Move on.org., Media matters, Huffington Post, (among others)

Kook fringe Right:
True Pundit, Gateway Pundit, Breitbart, Info Wars (among others)

Crazy left: Vox, Salon, MSNBC, MotherJones, DaikyKos, CNN and HuffPo

Center but Left leaning: NPR, ABC, NYT, The Guardian, BBC, Politico, Al Jazeera, and WaPo (they need to correct themselves because they’re starting to slide into crazy land).

Center but right leaning: WSJ, CBS, The Economist, The Hill, Reuters, The AP, FNC (their political commentary is far right, but the news is pretty neutral), WashTimes, National Review, NY Post

Crazy Right: Brietbart, InfoWars, Drudge, TheBlaze, Newsmax, and DailyCaller

I’m sure I left some out in each category but that’s the stuff I see on here. Personally, I try to pick one from each of the four categories to read the same story reported in different ways and develop my opinions from there.

Center but Left leaning: NPR, ABC, NYT, The Guardian, BBC, Politico, Al Jazeera, and WaPo (they need to correct themselves because they’re starting to slide into crazy land).

Center but right leaning: WSJ, CBS, The Economist, The Hill, Reuters, The AP, FNC (their political commentary is far right, but the news is pretty neutral), WashTimes, National Review, NY Post

I’m sure I left some out in each category but that’s the stuff I see on here. Personally, I try to pick one from each of the four categories to read the same story reported in different ways and develop my opinions from there.

Interesting you see Drudge crazy right, I see it as a news clearinghouse down the middle. AP and Reuters you see Center leaning Right I see them firmly on the Left.

Economist I see in the middle you think leans Right. CBS you think leans right I see it on the Left.

Agree about Breitbart and Info Wars Mother Jones and the rest of the Kook fringes on either side.

I agree with most of it, but sometimes the crazy sides do get information correct.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT