ADVERTISEMENT

🔥🔥BREAKING🔥🔥 Statement from Shane Lyons

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
“I want to thank Coach Holgorsen for his eight years at West Virginia. We wish him and his family all the best at the University of Houston. Our national search for his replacement has already begun, and I know it will be a successful one. A proven record of competitive success, a passion for the student-athlete, emphasis on academics and a strong work ethic are among the qualities that I will be looking for in our next head coach. We will move quickly to bring him to Morgantown to continue our strong winning tradition and solidify our place in the Big 12 and on the national scene. We are looking forward to this new and exciting era of Mountaineer football.”

“I want to thank Coach Holgorsen for his eight years at West Virginia. We wish him and his family all the best at the University of Houston. Our national search for his replacement has already begun, and I know it will be a successful one. A proven record of competitive success, a passion for the student-athlete, emphasis on academics and a strong work ethic are among the qualities that I will be looking for in our next head coach. We will move quickly to bring him to Morgantown to continue our strong winning tradition and solidify our place in the Big 12 and on the national scene. We are looking forward to this new and exciting era of Mountaineer football.”

That's step 1...now getting our new guy signed on the contract is step 2...then announce it step 3...

Serious why so cheap.....fickell or brown are you kidding me!! If that's the case we should have just paid Holgerson the money and kept him..at least then we wouldn't have lost some players and recruits.

Kansas can go out and get a big name guy but we cant....ridiculous

Reactions: WVU3434
Serious why so cheap.....fickell or brown are you kidding me!! If that's the case we should have just paid Holgerson the money and kept him..at least then we wouldn't have lost some players and recruits.

Kansas can go out and get a big name guy but we cant....ridiculous

Les Miles was a big name but not a sought after coach....he was damaged goods that was lucky to land at Kansas. Who did you expect? We weren't likely to lure a good coach from a top 25 program....because that's what we are at best so it's a lateral move. WVU is wise to hire an up and coming coach. They bring excitement and energy to the program and they don't have the same learning curve as a coordinator. Next year is going to be difficult regardless of the coach....NAIL THIS HIRE and by year 3 we can be competing for the conference champ game and more.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
If the money was right leach or stoops from Kentucky would both come here. Wv woukd be leach's best job in his career

Maybe....but leach is 57 and makes around 3 million and is in an easier conference to win. I'm sure a raise is coming after this past season. Not sure he leaves for anything less than a blue blood program.

Stoops is already making 4 million in the SEC with less pressure than he would have at WVU. Not sure he would come either

Leach is also a west coast guy He grew up in California. He's in the area he wants to be if you ask me. It would be very hard to lure him here. I agree we need an up-and-coming coach like Neal Brown. He has turned Troy into a little powerhouse and has nothing but good on his resume. He's a winner. He wins in big games including bowl games. He is more credible to be a HC than Holgersen was when we hired him if you ask me and comes from the same coaching tree.

Leach is also a west coast guy He grew up in California. He's in the area he wants to be if you ask me. It would be very hard to lure him here. I agree we need an up-and-coming coach like Neal Brown. He has turned Troy into a little powerhouse and has nothing but good on his resume. He's a winner. He wins in big games including bowl games. He is more credible to be a HC than Holgersen was when we hired him if you ask me and comes from the same coaching tree.

Only concern I have with Brown is he does what the rest of the Big 12 does. I wonder if we would benefit from being unique?

Reactions: WVUDisciples
Only concern I have with Brown is he does what the rest of the Big 12 does. I wonder if we would benefit from being unique?

Thats is good question. I thought something like the spread option might be the ticket to set us apart and give us an edge. I'd love to know what system we could really thrive in in the B12.

Thats is good question. I thought something like the spread option might be the ticket to set us apart and give us an edge. I'd love to know what system we could really thrive in in the B12.
The hell with unique. Let’s get back to some good old smash mouth football.

Maybe....but leach is 57 and makes around 3 million and is in an easier conference to win. I'm sure a raise is coming after this past season. Not sure he leaves for anything less than a blue blood program.

Stoops is already making 4 million in the SEC with less pressure than he would have at WVU. Not sure he would come either
Stoops has one problem at sUcK and his name is Paypal Cal. Bryant left because of Rupp, so history could repeat itself.

Bill Cowher was on a few weeks ago talking about head coaching. He said people get caught up in the whole mindset of that a teams needs an offensive guru, or a defensive guru, etc. He said it really doesnt work that way. He said a good HC will come in with a plan, with an attitude and mindset that he installs from top to bottom and hires a staff to buy in and get it going. A lot of it is just a team philosophy and having a plan to execute it. If you need a good offense you find the right OC and same with the DC. A HC is making sure the master plan is being followed through.

So glad this is over...never been so indifferent on a coaching change

Pullman, Washington is more an Intermountain West town than West Coast. 10 miles to Moscow, Idaho, and 336 to Seattle.

Last edited:
Bill Cowher was on a few weeks ago talking about head coaching. He said people get caught up in the whole mindset of that a teams needs an offensive guru, or a defensive guru, etc. He said it really doesnt work that way. He said a good HC will come in with a plan, with an attitude and mindset that he installs from top to bottom and hires a staff to buy in and get it going. A lot of it is just a team philosophy and having a plan to execute it. If you need a good offense you find the right OC and same with the DC. A HC is making sure the master plan is being followed through.
Exactly. What does Saban constantly emphasize? "The process, the process, the process". He found what works and he demands that players and staff stick to it, but when it no longer works I'm sure he adapts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT