ADVERTISEMENT

🔥🔥BREAKING🔥🔥 Larry Harrison is out as an assistant

My bad, totally missed the Martin departure.
I forgot about it too at first. Developing bigs is something I feel the program has lacked for a while. That’s crucial with the bigs we currently have, so it will be interesting to see how these guys develop, if they stay for the long haul.

Obviously Harrison was not the issue with WVU basketball.
Obviously Bucky thinks he knows everything.

What makes you think he was fired due to coaching poorly? You don't know the story so don't speculate.

Any idea what Harrison did to get the boot?
1. Huggs said it wasn't his decision, so that eliminates performance or ability to do the job he was hired to do.
2. If it involved a substance abuse, an altercation, harassment, or abusive situation, then it would have been followed up by the university announcing a full investigation....and there would have been leaks.

So, what does this leave? The only thing I can think of is it involved something on his personal time, away from the team. Many state employees sign contracts that have "moral turpitude" clauses in them, which gives their employer wide latitude to determine what is morally accepted and what isn't.

1. Huggs said it wasn't his decision, so that eliminates performance or ability to do the job he was hired to do.
2. If it involved a substance abuse, an altercation, harassment, or abusive situation, then it would have been followed up by the university announcing a full investigation....and there would have been leaks.

So, what does this leave? The only thing I can think of is it involved something on his personal time, away from the team. Many state employees sign contracts that have "moral turpitude" clauses in them, which gives their employer wide latitude to determine what is morally accepted and what isn't.
Drinking on the job is what I heard. But then again I've heard a lot rumors. And no the school doesn't have to release that. Unless they want to risk a lawsuit.

I don't know about the first contention. How long has this guy been with Huggins? No one even at a low level offered to give him a promotion like Erik or Brad?

Oh come on. Harrison was with WVU for 16 years. He didn’t just all of a sudden do something. He was a scapegoat so WVU admin and Huggins in particular could excuse away the losing and pretend it wasn’t the top of the chain leading to the losses.

I don't know about the first contention. How long has this guy been with Huggins? No one even at a low level offered to give him a promotion like Erik or Brad?
Harrison has been with Huggs for 24 years. So he and Huggs were tight for him to be around that long. Must have been something that Huggs couldn't keep quiet or stop from happening.

Harrison has been with Huggs for 24 years. So he and Huggs were tight for him to be around that long. Must have been something that Huggs couldn't keep quiet or stop from happening.

I don't disagree with the content of this post, but rather the post where you postulated he wasn't fired for incompetence. I'm just saying that someone supremely competent at the job doesn't stay in the same position with the same HC for 24 years. Usually assistants get offered a promotion in position at a lower level even if they are slightly above average. So it could be he was just a yes man for Huggins who ran the practices like a Bob Huggins predictive mechanism robot which admin viewed as dead weight. I'm not saying that is definitely what happened, but rather it is not far fetched that competence was the reason for the firing.

ADVERTISEMENT