ADVERTISEMENT

Stanley Cup Champ Pens ...October

Jaromir Jagr's NHL debut: October 5, 1990 for the Penguins at Capitals
Tonight: he plays against the Penguins for the Panthers

Last edited:
If 87 can dance around Ekblad, then something tells me he's got a bit of fire in him tonight...keep it up!

Also welcome back to the roster our boy Murray!!!

Sick shot on that second Panthers goal......looks like the Pens have picked up where they left off on Saturday night.

Sick shot on that second Panthers goal......looks like the Pens have picked up where they left off on Saturday night.
They sure as hell are...oh Yags to the box, let's make something of this! Sid looked downright lazy in the D zone just before this PP.
CMON!

And EDIT...WTF was that?!?

If they didn't already know that every damned team in the league is gunning for them now then they better wake the F up...this particular edition of the Pens reminds me an awful lot of the one last Oct/Nov/Dec...and that sure as heck ain't good!

Last edited:
Reactions: COOL MAN
I'll be back in March...

maybe...

remember Toronto... TWITTER rules !

and Gooooooo Pens !

Last edited:
BTW CM...The 'saviour' Freddie Andersen? 7 goals on 24 shots! LMFAO ...Rejoice with me for an instant...oh this could be FIVE years of butthurt on my local radio!

Great comeback win Pens! The third looked nothing like the first 2...

7 in 24.......not bad :wink:. Did I see Pope Mike was getting sideways with the Press criticizing his goaltending ?? About time HIS holiday in Toronto has finally expired.

Meanwhile, that WAS a nice 3rd period last night. I assume it was somewhat similar (with less SOG) to the comeback last week against San Jose. There's no doubt when they get things cranked up, they really CAN skate. Would have liked them to have beaten against Luongo; but you obviously can only beat who's actually IN the other goal.

I assume we'll see Murray this weekend; I think I myself am just ready to see something other than MAF's plain black mask......

I just read in today's Pitt Post Gazette that the Pens will carry three goaltenders for the time being, meaning Condon will continue to earn an NHL paycheck (that is, if his contract is 2-way).

Not sure how long this will.....or should......last. But at a cap value of 575K, his hit is the lowest on the roster (well, along with Sestito and Warsofsky).

I just read in today's Pitt Post Gazette that the Pens will carry three goaltenders for the time being, meaning Condon will continue to earn an NHL paycheck (that is, if his contract is 2-way).

Not sure how long this will.....or should......last. But at a cap value of 575K, his hit is the lowest on the roster (well, along with Sestito and Warsofsky).
a bit odd for sure...I remember this happening more often a few years back before cap implications anyway...you'd think they'd want to get him some work asap and continue to showcase Flower....who might I add looks sharp early...

Been in Akron OH the last two nights, and listening to the game on XM (and watching NHLN on cable looking for highlights).

Ol' 2-niner going bananas about the Ladd boarding penalty on Hagelin......and all of a sudden, the two nets are getting filled up. So, Pens now have goals from Geno, Sid, and Kessel; can't ask for much more than that.

I also think Flower just got a bad break on the crazy carom off the boards leading to the Isles' second goal.

Hey t......with yet another 3rd period comeback in the books (though at least tonight they were tied after the 2P)......any thoughts as to why the Pens have been so poor early in games this season (and in the 2nd period, in particular), and so good late ??

They're now looking at a 4 game road trip, with 3 on the West Coast (plus the Cryers on Saturday). I don't think they want to be getting outshot 17-7 in the 2P in any of those four games. BTW, they outshot the Isles 16-5 in the 3P tonight....

Hey t......with yet another 3rd period comeback in the books (though at least tonight they were tied after the 2P)......any thoughts as to why the Pens have been so poor early in games this season (and in the 2nd period, in particular), and so good late ??

They're now looking at a 4 game road trip, with 3 on the West Coast (plus the Cryers on Saturday). I don't think they want to be getting outshot 17-7 in the 2P in any of those four games. BTW, they outshot the Isles 16-5 in the 3P tonight....
Was actually thinking during the late first and much of second (while trying to stay awake), how lucky they have been to not fall further behind. I don't know if Sully is restraining somewhat, to get some defensive responsibility? They are still generating chances in 1 and 2, but don't seem to be as quick as in the third, and the chances in the third seem to my eyes anyway , legit resulting from speed, and effort , contributing to opposition mistakes, along with sound positioning on ice...
I am awfully curious to see how much better these guys play for the first 40 minutes when Letang returns...I would think that should help the puck movement greatly....

Was actually thinking during the late first and much of second (while trying to stay awake), how lucky they have been to not fall further behind. I don't know if Sully is restraining somewhat, to get some defensive responsibility? They are still generating chances in 1 and 2, but don't seem to be as quick as in the third, and the chances in the third seem to my eyes anyway , legit resulting from speed, and effort , contributing to opposition mistakes, along with sound positioning on ice...
I am awfully curious to see how much better these guys play for the first 40 minutes when Letang returns...I would think that should help the puck movement greatly....

Strictly speaking, I'm not altogether sure they were playing 60 minutes earlier in the season when Letang was still in the lineup. I have wondered if the fact the Pens seem to have better legs in the 3rd period (than most of their opponents thus far) could mean they're in better shape.

Of course, both Colorado and Montreal can skate in their own right......while the Nashville loss really was just one of those turd nights.

Strictly speaking, I'm not altogether sure they were playing 60 minutes earlier in the season when Letang was still in the lineup. I have wondered if the fact the Pens seem to have better legs in the 3rd period (than most of their opponents thus far) could mean they're in better shape.

Of course, both Colorado and Montreal can skate in their own right......while the Nashville loss really was just one of those turd nights.
CM...I'd be curious to your opinion on this as far I know recent revelation...perhaps this has been known for awhile...

"LasVegas expansion team to be given 48 hr window prior to free agency to exclusively sign free agents? I'm not sure I agree with this. No expansion team in the past has had this leg up and also in the past, there were 2 teams at a time pilfering through unprotected players, these guys get the very best of the unprotected and first crack at FA's?"

Above copied /pasted from a buddy of mine....I have to agree...how the hell does this rate?
The prior rules regarding expansion were unfair? I think a few of the most recent expansion teams have done reasonably well with proper ownership/management ...wtf am I missing here Mr . Bettman and Daly? o_O

And good point...it could be the physical conditioning . Perhaps I was so used to them zooming around out there in the playoff so much that they look comparatively slow in the first half...they sure as shit seem to be able to turn it on at the flick of a switch when they really need to...

Hey t, is there much talk in GTA about this notion that teams (like the Pens) will be trying to cut deals with Las Vegas NOT to pick available unprotected players like Matt Murray) ?? I haven't heard specifically if the League (or the Union) is OK with this idea.

But the Flower/Murray situation simply CAN'T be the only one out there like this as we approach the expansion draft next summer. And you'd think there are deals out there for George McPhee to turn his cheek on specific players in return for possibly decent picks (or even established pros who could probably play for Vegas on Day 1).

Anyway, what would YOU offer McPhee to forget about Murray under such circumstances ?? And if you were McPhee, what would you demand from Pittsburgh......would you just say "what have I got to lose" and demand a #1 pick ?? For THAT reason alone, I seriously doubt GMJR can run the risk being at McPhee's mercy, and will (if necessary) have a fire sale for Flower at the trade deadline.....or more likely, much earlier.

CM...I'd be curious to your opinion on this as far I know recent revelation...perhaps this has been known for awhile...

"LasVegas expansion team to be given 48 hr window prior to free agency to exclusively sign free agents? I'm not sure I agree with this. No expansion team in the past has had this leg up and also in the past, there were 2 teams at a time pilfering through unprotected players, these guys get the very best of the unprotected and first crack at FA's?"

Above copied /pasted from a buddy of mine....I have to agree...how the hell does this rate?
The prior rules regarding expansion were unfair? I think a few of the most recent expansion teams have done reasonably well with proper ownership/management ...wtf am I missing here Mr . Bettman and Daly? o_O

Speaking generally, I'm not terribly conflicted with Vegas having some FA exclusivity versus the rest of the League. After all, if I were an Owner who just forked out a half billion dollars for my entry ticket.....to a League which isn't going to be confused anytime soon with the NFL......some minor exclusivity as a reward for SERIOUSLY filling the pockets of my new fellow Governors doesn't strike me as too much to ask.

That said, maybe I'd feel differently IF the new franchise were going to be parked in the Metro against MY team.

Outside the Cryers....and Craps....and maybe the Rangers....there's nobody in the League I dislike more than whoever John Tortorella is coaching. That said, did you happen to notice Columbus just wrapped up their West Coast swing + Dallas with 5 points (and a 4-0 win last night in Anaheim) ??

Admittedly, none of those teams (aside San Jose, at least) are playing THAT well thus far this season. Still, that's not a bad stretch for ANYONE in the League against that group on the road.

Who knows, maybe all those CBJ cement heads are finally beginning to hear Torts' message......while Bob out there pitching shutouts, you'd think, typically WILL help their cause.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT