ADVERTISEMENT

Stanley Cup Champ Pens ...October

I know it is Oct 18 but the play in the Avs game last night was Gawd Awful. I just can't understand how quickly this team can revert to undisciplined play. And the two assistant captains led the way in that regard with their careless stick work.
Indeed...and if you give youngins with similar speed an advantage ...well....I only watched the first 2 frames, and then reverted to watching a useless Jays O get decimated by a Cleveland bullpen...fortunately for their sakes they live another day, after they re-discovered their mash today...unfortunately I think it will be just that...1 day.

Well that was a historically LOOOOONG opening ceremony for the Habs...I always say they seem to do it right but really? A bloody half hour of largely nothing other than Jaques Demers? Cmon man...

MAF tonight again?.....

And WTF? Pacioretty? F#€K!

And the idiot Gallagher goading them on....cmon fellas settle in already...

Anyone else notice they are a little bit dogged tonight...get used to it lads...the schedule is heavy early. And....I am happy to see Kuhnhackl blocking shots however...

BTW guys...this is AL freakin Montoya...get it together already.

Still a full period to play, but I was not enthused about tonight after last night's loss. Additionally, I appreciate that Sid isn't playing.......and they ARE getting SOG.......but it's hard not to worry about scoring when they're making guys like Cal Pickard and Al Montoya look so good.

Still a full period to play, but I was not enthused about tonight after last night's loss. Additionally, I appreciate that Sid isn't playing.......and they ARE getting SOG.......but it's hard not to worry about scoring when they're making guys like Cal Pickard and Al Montoya look so good.
I was thinking when your goalie is handcuffed with Bleu,Blanc et Rouge all over him in the blue paint it would be no goal...but alas....

However it's not like the Pens haven't had several opportunities at 3 on 3 and 4 on 4....trying to get cutesy on Ole Montoya hasn't worked so well...fire the f'n puck already!!! Sully must be livid...

we looked like this at the start of last season too... started 3-3

didn't start kickin' ass until March...

From everything I've read this morning, HCMS indeed was not happy in last night's aftermath.....quit skating after the 1st period, almost criminal lack of discipline (especially with the man advantage), and mistakes galore. Beat reporters calling out Malkin specifically for his lackadaisical-ness, and even Dumoulin for a bad play early in the game (which I didn't see) leading to a Habs scoring opportunity.

Fortunately, all they have upcoming this week is a San Jose team coming into Pittsburgh playing well having won 3 of their first 4, and then at Smashville on Saturday. I hate to think how much this team apparently needs an honestly-questionable Sid back in the lineup.

From everything I've read this morning, HCMS indeed was not happy in last night's aftermath.....quit skating after the 1st period, almost criminal lack of discipline (especially with the man advantage), and mistakes galore. Beat reporters calling out Malkin specifically for his lackadaisical-ness, and even Dumoulin for a bad play early in the game (which I didn't see) leading to a Habs scoring opportunity.

Fortunately, all they have upcoming this week is a San Jose team coming into Pittsburgh playing well having won 3 of their first 4, and then at Smashville on Saturday. I hate to think how much this team apparently needs an honestly-questionable Sid back in the lineup.

I honestly am losing all confidence in Geno. I would suspect this is his last season in black and gold. If not moved, I am sure he won't be protected in the expansion draft

Anyone know when Sid comes back?
Not soon enough it seems...team needs a spark after that Habs debacle, any way possible....maybe Condon between the pipes for a game will give them some drive to be more responsible defensively AND score a few goals? Not that MAF hasn't looked for the most part pretty good...just a different look. Perhaps Sully tearing a strip off them will help too...

Pick up whatever points you can early Pens...it's a long season!!!

I honestly am losing all confidence in Geno. I would suspect this is his last season in black and gold. If not moved, I am sure he won't be protected in the expansion draft

I'm relatively sure Geno has a full NTC; so he's not going anywhere in the expansion Draft without a trade.

Hey t, not sure if you knew this......I found this out for the first time when I was trying to confirm Geno's NTC.......but it appears General Fanager has shut down. Looks like I'm back to NHL Numbers for contract info; but man, GF (like Capgeek) really spoiled me.

Hey t, not sure if you knew this......I found this out for the first time when I was trying to confirm Geno's NTC.......but it appears General Fanager has shut down. Looks like I'm back to NHL Numbers for contract info; but man, GF (like Capgeek) really spoiled me.
Seriously? Oh man....that is the shits! Both the original Capgeek and GF spelled it all out in easy to digest numbers...

Honestly say I didn't expect that third period eruption. Pens needed that
Did they ever! MAF shut the door and the skeleton D crew managed to hang in there. Horny gets big accolades tonight imo...he had a bur in his side after that mysteriously disallowed goal and did not quit. What a refreshing rebound after the previous game. I wonder what Sully said in that second intermission? Whatever it was...it worked! :cool2:

BTW guys....that new Murray contract seems awfully good to my eyes. Fairly low risk, and reasonable term (although I imagine with his age even with the Cup win it is roughly what is to be expected), if he is the second coming of P Roy or the like the next few years I imagine the Pens will be in tight to keep him...
There have been more goalies fail than succeed after a 'rookie miracle' type season...however I am still highly impressed with his down to earth even keel attitude...not too high and not too low. He will need that to continue in order to succeed long term imo. When he goes through a bad stretch (and it WILL happen), stay the course and work out of it. If Flower is going then us Pens fans will need you to be solid most nights back there Mr. Murray...good luck young man! We want another Cup!!!!!

Reactions: COOL MAN and Euell
BTW guys....that new Murray contract seems awfully good to my eyes. Fairly low risk, and reasonable term (although I imagine with his age even with the Cup win it is roughly what is to be expected), if he is the second coming of P Roy or the like the next few years I imagine the Pens will be in tight to keep him...
There have been more goalies fail than succeed after a 'rookie miracle' type season...however I am still highly impressed with his down to earth even keel attitude...not too high and not too low. He will need that to continue in order to succeed long term imo. When he goes through a bad stretch (and it WILL happen), stay the course and work out of it. If Flower is going then us Pens fans will need you to be solid most nights back there Mr. Murray...good luck young man! We want another Cup!!!!!

Predators smoked the Penguins tonight 5-1. I was an original season ticket holder from 1998-2003. I was happy to see the building a buzz. There was a time when i wasn't sure hockey would stay in Nashville but the franchise is on firm ground and established a footprint in that area. It is great that the NHL was able to establish a presence in that part of the south considering the Atlanta debacles. I do root for the Pens when there not playing the Islanders or Predators.

Ugly performance last night......

If you watched the game on Center Ice, maybe you heard the Preds had a couple guys out sick ;) Anyway, asshole-edness aside......and even given their own obvious issues with key injuries...... I found myself quite disappointed they had SO much trouble generating consistent pressure on the minor leaguer in the Preds goal. Plus, Flower played that 2nd like he just found out about Murray's new contract for the first time during the first intermission.

But what makes this bad stretch so concerning to me.......because Sid AND Letang obviously WILL be back at some point.....is how poorly Dumoulin and Maatta continue to play. And from what I saw, Daley stunk it up pretty bad last night, too. When half your defense is underperforming THAT badly, you're going to gave trouble beating anyone in this League.

With SO much lousy play from the defense, combined with their current scoring problems, this team isn't going to beat anyone.....especially on the road on a Saturday night......without absolutely sterling goaltending, which certainly didn't happen last night. Who'da thunk they'd miss Ben Lovejoy THIS much..... o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT