ADVERTISEMENT

So, TT is down 2 RB’s, 3 WR’s, and this is the first start for this QB? Why do we make all the newbies look like All Americans?

I don't think they looked like "All-Americans". Our offense just sucks that bad. Should have hung over 50 points tonight. But we decided to change our offense and let the hometown boy throw it 60 times.

Score dictates playcalling

The issue was Tx Tech could move the ball and put up points.

Had to establish some type of passing game.

If they couldn't you would have seen WVU run the ball 45+ times

Poorly coached team way to many mistakes, receivers are weak and not on same page as quarterback no arm strength on passes. When we make mistake after mistake it’s coaching. Give away a timeout when starting second half.

They put up the same offensive points as we did......27 points.

Because you threw the ball...

Like I said the score of the game dictates playcalling

This was a game WVU had to open up their offense.
Can't just hand it to the RB and expect to move the ball down the field 65-80 yards

There is an article on ESPN about how football has changed and how Saban has changed with it

Offense has the upper hand now

Don't care how elite your defense is...
Hard to stop some teams

Neal Brown understands that
He just doesn't have everything there yet.

Improvement is how you determine where everything is at

Score dictates playcalling

The issue was Tx Tech could move the ball and put up points.

Had to establish some type of passing game.

If they couldn't you would have seen WVU run the ball 45+ times

WVU shut Tech down in 2nd half. Then James decided to fire them back up by giving away a scoop and score. That games a win if not for that.

WVU shut Tech down in 2nd half. Then James decided to fire them back up by giving away a scoop and score. That games a win if not for that.

He was at fault. Don't get me wrong. However, that play call was puzzling. It just looked like a bizarre decision to get him the ball in that situation, and it wasn't even a good play.

There is an article on ESPN about how football has changed and how Saban has changed with it

Offense has the upper hand now

Don't care how elite your defense is...
Hard to stop some teams

Neal Brown understands that
He just doesn't have everything there yet.

Improvement is how you determine where everything is at

We gained more total yards than they did. One thing remains the same in all sports. Team with most points win.

Just like I tried to say yesterday the schedule dictated the success or fake success of the defense.

Wait till a good offense gets ahold of us. Tech has coaches too, they didn't ask their offense to do things it can't. Funny how we "shut them down" until their final drive huh.

Hate it when it is 3rd and yards that are managable and we throw long , especially with winds that are unpredictable and Doege’s history with the long throw. On the first td drive for WVU thought play calling was exceptional.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Poorly coached team way to many mistakes, receivers are weak and not on same page as quarterback no arm strength on passes. When we make mistake after mistake it’s coaching. Give away a timeout when starting second half.

There we go....

FIRE NEAL BROWN!

Tressel-ball produced national championships, albeit at a different time.

Yeah, but it worked for just about no one but Tressel, and they played in a league where no one else scored much. WVU doesn't have the personnel for that and doesn't play in the Big Ten of yesteryear.

"Tresselball" worked for Mark Dantonio somewhat, too, at least enough for a B1G Championship or two and a CFP invitation, but I understand your point, Buck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT