ADVERTISEMENT

Saw a lot of UTenn and WVU fans enjoying being around each other

11-01-The-Philadelphia-Story-quotes.gif

There are few things in this world that are better than walking down Basin Street in New Orleans listening to incredible jazz coming out of every business along the way.

Except, of course, singing "Country Roads" in Mountaineer Field after a WVU victory.

New Orleans is among my top cities in the world, along with Key West, Venice, Florence, Capri Island (OK, it's not a city, but it is beautiful), any West Virginia mountaintop, Thailand (OK, it's not a city, but it is beautiful and so are the people, inside and out), Shanghai (at night, with 35-story TV monitors advertising along the river).

But next comes my real love: Sitting in Mountaineer Field while my alma mater destroys the visiting team. Saturday, 6 p.m. Youngstown is in trouble.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14

O bliterate Youngstown

U nnerve North Carolina State

N uke Kansas State

T errorize Texas Tech

A nnihilate Kansas

I ncinerate Iowa State

N ail Baylor

E rectile dysfunction Texas

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S ink Oklahoma

Jazz on Basin...don’t often hear folks mention this underrated gem.

Thai people are disgusting.
They sell kids for sex. They advertise it.
Only place in the world that sex tourism thrives.
Plus they turn boys into girls.
Take 5 year old boys and put them in dresses.

Nothing beautiful about those people unless you are some type of pervert.
If you’re being serious you don’t know what you’re talking about.

WV is not a high crime violent state. The problem in America is that the tiny rural areas are getting more poor, drug, alcohol abuse ridden, ignorant, uneducated. This is almost all rural areas in every state. The new country rural generation is filled with lazy, low life, drug losers that are becoming worse and less skilled in more populated, high tech USA. Folks in the country aren’t like 30-40 years ago and before. Country trash is taking over small, rural areas in USA. It’s sad.

In the larger cities in USA the ghetto urban population is violent, drug, thug ridden culture. It’s really scary to think how screwed up much of the younger generation is. If not for surveillance cameras literally everywhere this country would be a dangerous place. Believe it or not some criminals know cameras are watching across the street and behind them. They don’t want the charge, jail time. Believe it or not some are slicker than you think. It actually stops them from committing even more crimes. High drug addiction is really hurting the USA. The government needs to get a handle on the pills, meth.

Huntington, WV is not nearly as bad as many other cities across the USA. What happened to Huntington city limits is that all the elite moved to Barboursville, WV and other suburban locations. Putman County took away Huntington and Charleston elite. Many just simply moved over into that county. This happens to cities, areas all over USA.

Huntington city limits lost the elite folks to suburban locations and the rough crowd was left behind. This is the same as many other towns.

NYC, Newark, NJ, Wilmington, DE, Detroit, Philadelphia, Baltimore, San Bernardino, Stockton, Miami, Jacksonville, Gary, IN, North Charleston, SC, Rock Hill, SC, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Birmingham, Montgomery, AL, Jackson, MS, Columbia, SC, Richmond, VA, Norfolk, VA, Savanna, Atlanta, Durham, NC, Lumberton, NC, Augusta, GA, Benton Harbor, MI, Chicago, Peoria, IL, Flint, MI, Dayton, Youngstown, OH, Cleveland, Memphis, San Antonio, Houston, St. Louis.......it’s really bad in America. Really bad. I could name lots more bad places in USA. It’s a very long list.

Huntington, WV is not nearly as bad as many other cities across the USA. What happened to Huntington city limits is that all the elite moved to Barboursville, WV and other suburban locations. Putman County took away Huntington and Charleston elite. Many just simply moved over into that county. This happens to cities, areas all over USA.

Huntington city limits lost the elite folks to suburban locations and the rough crowd was left behind. This is the same as many other towns.

NYC, Newark, NJ, Wilmington, DE, Detroit, Philadelphia, Baltimore, San Bernardino, Stockton, Miami, Jacksonville, Gary, IN, North Charleston, SC, Rock Hill, SC, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Birmingham, Montgomery, AL, Jackson, MS, Columbia, SC, Richmond, VA, Norfolk, VA, Savanna, Atlanta, Durham, NC, Lumberton, NC, Augusta, GA, Benton Harbor, MI, Chicago, Peoria, IL, Flint, MI, Dayton, Youngstown, OH, Cleveland, Memphis, San Antonio, Houston, St. Louis.......it’s really bad in America. Really bad. I could name lots more bad places in USA. It’s a very long list.

Not all the way true.
I know New Orleans and Houston.
Both cities still have two of the richest neighborhoods in the country.
The Garden District in NO and River Oaks in Houston

Here is a property appreciation chart for Houston neighborhoods.

land-value-stats.png

Pride. Do you ever get confused which profile you are using at any time?

I know you are trolling but you are trying way too hard.

All these cities you listed all have different issues.

Memphis for example. Problem with Memphis has been going on for well over 100 years. The city started to boom after the Civil War but a yellow fever epidemic caused a lot of people to move elsewhere.
Memphis was left without a ruling class and became a working class city.

Savannah? It is like Charleston SC. A tourist center where the Old South is still apart of the culture. Nothing run down about Savannah.

New Orleans is under going a transformation. In 50 years the entire city will be exclusively upper class. Very much like what is happening in SF.
There are certain cities around the world that the wealthy love and NO is one. Katrina gave the city reason to push the lower income communities elsewhere.

I can go through every city I know on the list. Some are run down but others are not.

New Orleans poverty folks are just moving to neighboring counties and ruining those places. At this point half of New Orleans or more is 3rd world thug, poverty culture. Long way to go. Baton Rouge is terrible. Memphis is a thug hole. Savanna city is a crime, thug dump. North Charleston is full of drug zombies. Columbia, SC has always been terrible. Spartanburg and Rock Hill, SC are bad. Go to Myrtle Beach city limits when it’s winter and all the tourist are gone. It’s full of drug zombies walking around. It’s a real shitbox.

Houston is actually a pretty rough town. Of course most cities have a nice neighborhood but lots of Houston and Harris County is actually loserville. It’s bad. I wasn’t impressed. San Antonio is actually a real dump hole.

Huntington is bad for WV standards or bad to a WV person cause you don’t know what real bad is. Trust me. Other states have real bad cities and violent crime cities full of drugs and thugs. Go put your kid in public schools in Charlotte, Atlanta, Birmingham, Jacksonville, Miami, Baltimore, Cleveland, Memphis, Houston, Detroit, Columbia, SC, Durham, NC, Flint, Baton Rouge, New Orleans..........it’s a scary thing. Imagine little Johnny in public school with those savages. Yikes!!!

Huntington is bad for WV standards or bad to a WV person cause you don’t know what real bad is. Trust me. Other states have real bad cities and violent crime cities full of drugs and thugs. Go put your kid in public schools in Charlotte, Atlanta, Birmingham, Jacksonville, Miami, Baltimore, Cleveland, Memphis, Houston, Detroit, Columbia, SC, Durham, NC, Flint, Baton Rouge, New Orleans..........it’s a scary thing. Imagine little Johnny in public school with those savages. Yikes!!!
There is no fixing stupid.

1. NOT 1 single school shooting was done in any of those cities.
2. More mass shootings were done in Post HS institutions than HS.
3. Drugs will be more rampant with higher populations. That's just common sense...

But don't let pesky facts get in the way.

After the game both teams were very respectful. A lot of UTenn fans singing Country Roads exiting the stadium. They were just enjoying college football even though the game did not go well for the VOLs....good respectful fan base from what I saw and WVU fans were equally respectful.
There were flashes of Tenn doing good things on the field. Their secondary and DL did well in the first half. WVU got in sync 2nd half and it was impossible for the VOLs to cover our WRs. But it takes time for a new staff and again there were flashes. WVU needs to be in the SEC, it just felt right from a fan base stand point and this was two fan bases with a ton of pride in their state and their football team.

I think their QB is going to have a great year. He was on the money with every throw. He just needs more time back there. The OL was a bit shaky and they just lost their center.

1. NOT 1 single school shooting was done in any of those cities.
2. More mass shootings were done in Post HS institutions than HS.
3. Drugs will be more rampant with higher populations. That's just common sense...

But don't let pesky facts get in the way.
You guys keep replying to him as if he’s not a troll. He’s a western PA troll.

Pittsburgh is not included on his list.
The heroin capital of the country.
Because of the high demand for heroin Pittsburgh became the epicenter for heroin in the 90's to the current time.

Not to mention Pittsburgh real estate.
For about 10 years home prices decreased in Pittsburgh. This cause the market to readjust. For the last two years Pittsburgh real estate has been hot and will cause a bubble. Flippers are buying everything up. Problem with that is someone will be stuck with a 125,000 house for 220,000 because they think they can sell it at a profit like eveyone else.

With this the next 5-10 years in Pittsburgh are going to be even worse than the 2000's.
Probably the worse city to live in at the current time

Pittsburgh area is actually doing ok with the tech boom and other things. It’s fairly expensive like the majority of urban larger areas, especially in the nicer newer neighborhoods, areas. Pittsburgh has lots of colleges and universities and medical jobs are huge there. It’s never going to fall like you say. Never. Pittsburgh region is going to eventually push all the way down to Wheeling area in next 15 years. Pittsburgh is going to be just fine.

Baltimore is and has always been a big heroin town. Baltimore is just a scummy city. Miami, Jacksonville, Orlando are loaded with crime, drugs, thugs. Atlanta is crime ridden, thug ridden. Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, Memphis, Montgomery, Birmingham, Baton Rouge, Newark, Wilmington, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Dayton, Cleveland, Youngstown, Bronx, Hartford, Norfolk, Newport News, Hampton, Richmond, San Antonio, Houston.......all sadly horrible crime holes. Bad schools, drug and thug, gang ridden. Scary, yikes!!!!!!!

I like the South. Especially the Gulf cause there are places I can sleep on the beach.
You just have to be knowledgeable about the tide cause you can wake up with a jellyfish on your face.

Pittsburgh area is actually doing ok with the tech boom and other things. It’s fairly expensive like the majority of urban larger areas, especially in the nicer newer neighborhoods, areas. Pittsburgh has lots of colleges and universities and medical jobs are huge there. It’s never going to fall like you say. Never. Pittsburgh region is going to eventually push all the way down to Wheeling area in next 15 years. Pittsburgh is going to be just fine.

Baltimore is and has always been a big heroin town. Baltimore is just a scummy city. Miami, Jacksonville, Orlando are loaded with crime, drugs, thugs. Atlanta is crime ridden, thug ridden. Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, Memphis, Montgomery, Birmingham, Baton Rouge, Newark, Wilmington, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Dayton, Cleveland, Youngstown, Bronx, Hartford, Norfolk, Newport News, Hampton, Richmond, San Antonio, Houston.......all sadly horrible crime holes. Bad schools, drug and thug, gang ridden. Scary, yikes!!!!!!!

Pittsburgh has nothing on Chicago, NY, Houston or Atlanta.
Don't be an idiot plus don't expose yourself so easily.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._metropolitan_areas_by_GDP

Both Chicago and Houston are Top 5 in GDP.
Houston's medical facilities are the best in the world.
People come from all over for surgery to Houston
Not to mention Houston has a Port. Cities with Ports will naturally conduct more business.

Pittsburgh is 24th.

May I volunteer a city for your list..

Dallas. Can't let anyone in Dallas think their city is not on your list because they will let everyone know how great Dallas is.
Only issue with Houston is zoning. People not used to low government regulation and involvement complain about Houston. Mainly Yankees who come here for jobs and tell people how better it was in Illinois or wherever.

If you want to see real bad you won’t find much bad in WV. Just a small state with solid folks. Pratt everybody talks about drug epidemic in WV but it’s in every state all across the USA. Growing up in northern WV and still living in northern WV I don’t know anybody that uses drugs. My father made over $100,000 and I have a brother living in Morgantown making over $200,000 a year. His son which is my nephew already makes $100,000 a year in north central WV. My aunt married a WV doctor. They are WV millionaires. Literally every relative I got in WV makes good money. The WV I know is celebrating WVU sports, high school sports, making solid $ and living good. If you think WV is bad you need to travel more across the scuzzy USA. You will find bad.

Go to those cities I listed in all those other states. You will find lots of really scummy bad people in those cities listed. Houston has lots of bad, thug ridden people as well. Harris County is very thug, crime ridden. Those other cities are worse than Houston. Try putting your kid in those public schools in all those cities listed. Yikes!!!!!!!

If you want to see real bad you won’t find much bad in WV. Just a small state with solid folks. Pratt everybody talks about drug epidemic in WV but it’s in every state all across the USA. Growing up in northern WV and still living in northern WV I don’t know anybody that uses drugs. My father made over $100,000 and I have a brother living in Morgantown making over $200,000 a year. His son which is my nephew already makes $100,000 a year in north central WV. My aunt married a WV doctor. They are WV millionaires. Literally every relative I got in WV makes good money. The WV I know is celebrating WVU sports, high school sports, making solid $ and living good. If you think WV is bad you need to travel more across the scuzzy USA. You will find bad.

Go to those cities I listed in all those other states. You will find lots of really scummy bad people in those cities listed. Houston has lots of bad, thug ridden people as well. Harris County is very thug, crime ridden. Those other cities are worse than Houston. Try putting your kid in those public schools in all those cities listed. Yikes!!!!!!!

HISD is one of the best school districts in the country.
SE Texas unlike other parts of the country sends their kids to public schools.
Private schools at the high school level never really became apart of the life in Texas unlike the Northeast and California.

You may not remember but a big deal was made 10-12 years old in Houston about the Katrina refugees are how behind they were. This dropped the scores of certain schools in West Houston and started a lot of Louisana bashing in SE Texas.
The people from Louisiana were considered to be third world immigrants

Yeah the Louisiana scum that Texas got after Katrina was not good. Houston crime went up fast after that. Louisiana has really bad southern folks to a high extent. It is what it is.

HISD is one of the best school districts in the country.
SE Texas unlike other parts of the country sends their kids to public schools.
Private schools at the high school level never really became apart of the life in Texas unlike the Northeast and California.

You may not remember but a big deal was made 10-12 years old in Houston about the Katrina refugees are how behind they were. This dropped the scores of certain schools in West Houston and started a lot of Louisana bashing in SE Texas.
The people from Louisiana were considered to be third world immigrants

HISD is not one of the best districts. I remember when half of it's teachers failed the state evaluation a few years back it may of gotten better, but for a metro city school district it is average at best. You are somewhat right. The suburb schools such as Clear Creek ISD(Clear Lake/League City Nasa area) are one of the nations best along with Cy Fair ISD and Katy ISD have the kids with the highest test scores and very well for college prep.

Every major city in America has it's pockets of affluent areas and ghetto areas. The affluent ones mentioned in an above posting, but left out the ghettos of the 5th and 3rd Wards and also Bissonet and 59 SW Freeway and on in between I45 and 59 in between the 610 North Loop to the Beltway. Houston was rated the most culturally diversified city, but when people come to visit some say it's a rednecks version of NY and LA. I live in Montgomery County in the Tomball/Magnolia region

Most in Texas say Austin followed by Dallas region are much better than Houston. Austin is by far better than both and certainly less ghetto. A military couple spent last 8 years in Morgantown and Bridgeport, WV with younger children. They recently got sent to Texas. They hate it and miss the great life their kids had in North Central WV. Their kids are now in worse schools and the illegal population is overwhelmingly bad they say. They hate Texas and say it’s all brown and yellow burnt grass and trees. They got used to the lush green of WV. They miss the normal American culture of Morgantown and Bridgeport, WV. They had their kids very active in WV youth sports and even got to attend some WVU games. WV was a pleasant surprise to them and they miss it.

Houston has a lot of scummy people and the crime is really bad in Houston. It’s H-Town. No thanks.

What does this have to do with WV fitting in with Tennessee fans and singing Country Roads.

When everything is settled we will see where everyone is including A&M.
Not taking anything away from Jimbo but the only first year coach that really looks like the one who made a difference is the one that everyone thought was the worse hire.

Texas could have played a Southland opponent in game one and won 66-3 and still be ranked but UT doesn't play FCS opponents.
Never has and never will.
YES SIR. I was Stationed there as a Army Recruiter for 6 years and i made lots of friends. I met people that were just like my family when i was there. The Army moved me on to FT Knox and i retired from the Army and now work for the GOV. now.

Most in Texas say Austin followed by Dallas region are much better than Houston. Austin is by far better than both and certainly less ghetto. A military couple spent last 8 years in Morgantown and Bridgeport, WV with younger children. They recently got sent to Texas. They hate it and miss the great life their kids had in North Central WV. Their kids are now in worse schools and the illegal population is overwhelmingly bad they say. They hate Texas and say it’s all brown and yellow burnt grass and trees. They got used to the lush green of WV. They miss the normal American culture of Morgantown and Bridgeport, WV. They had their kids very active in WV youth sports and even got to attend some WVU games. WV was a pleasant surprise to them and they miss it.

Houston has a lot of scummy people and the crime is really bad in Houston. It’s H-Town. No thanks.

Pitt boy is funny.

WV is a beautiful state. No question. But it lacks variety.
You can find almost any scenery you can think of in Texas.
Where I was born raised in East Texas it is the deepest thicket of Pine Trees in the country.
d730e497ed979fb8030497f72b95018f--texas-vacations-state-parks.jpg
41f8e8a409dc8e623a9d2ecc01630146--amazing-friends-texas-history.jpg

Pitt boy is funny.

WV is a beautiful state. No question. But it lacks variety.
You can find almost any scenery you can think of in Texas.
Where I was born raised in East Texas it is the deepest thicket of Pine Trees in the country.
d730e497ed979fb8030497f72b95018f--texas-vacations-state-parks.jpg
41f8e8a409dc8e623a9d2ecc01630146--amazing-friends-texas-history.jpg

Yeah, ok.
vcathedralfalls3.jpg

grandview-state-park.jpg

extra_large_a3f29ee0ea1b4057a17cd9116ee72b08.jpg

Try again.

The majority of college educated people go where the work is at.
Luckily for a lot of Texans they can stay home.
What city they decide is usually determined by where they are originally from.
Dallas says Houston is too humid
Houston says Dallas is too boring and pretentious
Everyone says Austin is filled with a bunch of undesirables
No one except San Antonio cares for San Antonio.

I get it. You are a Pitt fan trying to get people to rip on WV. You are not that clever.
How can you claim Pittsburgh doesn't have drugs, crime and a trashy culture.
Isn't the synonym of Yinzer White Trash.

No one who graduates says let's move to Pittsburgh. People who leave Texas look at NY, Chicago, California, Seattle and Denver. If they are getting a government job then the DMV.

Let's be real here. 60% of the cities you listed gather more applications ans resumes sent in from college graduates than Pittsburgh.

Austin for sure does. It is the number one city for recent college graduates and people 18-25.
At least you are clever enough not to list Austin.

Last edited:
I already said Austin is top city in Texas. You are lost if you think Pittsburgh is not a big time city. Pittsburgh is a tech powerhouse, has lots of high level colleges and has a bright future. Pittsburgh doesnt allow for foreign and illegal growth and that is why they aren’t growing like crazy. Pittsburgh only wants real Americans. Most of the fastest growing cities are also filled with foreigners and illegals. All the big areas of the USA that have grown like crazy are growing with 50% foreigners. Take away all the foreigners and illegals and those places would be nearly as big or fast growing. Pittsburgh is more traditional white and black Americans. It’s not foreigner friendly. That’s a good thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT